There are 266 users in the forums

Only 2 really tough road games next year.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This was what we thought last year about havin the tougher teams come here. I think it only makes our schedule more difficult. I would rather us have the easier teams at him because it gives us a much better chance to win eight games. Road games are already tough no matter what so why risk the chance of losing to an easier team in their house. Against a tough team on the road, here's that nothing to lose mentality and less pressure to win which usually results in better play.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This was what we thought last year about havin the tougher teams come here. I think it only makes our schedule more difficult. I would rather us have the easier teams at him because it gives us a much better chance to win eight games. Road games are already tough no matter what so why risk the chance of losing to an easier team in their house. Against a tough team on the road, here's that nothing to lose mentality and less pressure to win which usually results in better play.

Thats some bassakwards logic... You always want your toughest games at home to help close the gap in those contests.

[ Edited by CoachingMatters on Mar 18, 2011 at 01:41:30 ]
Originally posted by Chico:
I'm very optimistic this year and just LOVE getting my hopes up every year!
Home:
AZ - L
Rams - L
Hawks - L
Cleveland - L
Dallas - Win - only because i HATE them!
Giants - L
Pitt - L
TB - L

Road:
AZ - L
Rams - L
Hawks - L
Baltimore - L
Cincy - L
Detroit - L
Philly - L
Wash - L

1-15 and we get the NUMBER one pick in the draft next year

That's funny. LOL
Don't sleep on Detroit. that is not going to be an easy game. There are going to be some match up problems: Calvin Johnson and Suh. who know Shaun Hill might even be play, which should make it interesting.
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
HOME: Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, Cleveland, Dallas, New York Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay.

AWAY: Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Philadelphia, Washington.

Other then the two bolded I think the other road games are all winnable. We have some tough games at home but at least they are at home.

This is one bright spot to look forward to considering we are a horrible road team.

you are funny , we don't have a starting QB and you are saying this are you insane or give me what you have been smokin !
I agree, I wasn't happy when we got rid of hill, I knew he was still improving. But none the less, we have to do a lot of hopin this year. I would expect to see a strong elementary team.
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
HOME: Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, Cleveland, Dallas, New York Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay.

AWAY: Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Philadelphia, Washington.

Other then the two bolded I think the other road games are all winnable. We have some tough games at home but at least they are at home.

This is one bright spot to look forward to considering we are a horrible road team.

Never underestimate ANY team in the NFL. The Buccs are the most obvious case from last year. They were supposed to be a piece of cake to beat at home going into the season and ended up being one of the top NFC teams. What was the final score BTW??
When you've only won a handful of road games over the past few years it's pretty easy to say they are no easy road games
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I really don't like playing Philadelphia, dammit its like every year for the last 4. I think Jeff Garcia was our QB the last time we beat them.

I believe it was tim rattay
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I really don't like playing Philadelphia, dammit its like every year for the last 4. I think Jeff Garcia was our QB the last time we beat them.

Originally posted by Solace49:

Tim Rattay > Alex Smith
0-16

This team finds a new way to give me an ulcer every damn season.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Tim Rattay > Alex Smith

Reading posts like that reminds me why I stick to the parking lot and try to avoid Niner Talk.
Originally posted by Solace49:

Tim Rattay > Alex Smith

nah
Originally posted by aman49:

Tim Rattay > Alex Smith

Reading posts like that reminds me why I stick to the parking lot and try to avoid Niner Talk.

Maybe, but I think a legit argument could be made that it's close.
Share 49ersWebzone