LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Schefter: Nate Clements a 'Potential' Cut This Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would like to see him re structure his contract, he is our best CB. If not I see us saving a lot of money so we can make a big FA splash maybe even make a run for Namdi.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
I would like to see him re structure his contract, he is our best CB. If not I see us saving a lot of money so we can make a big FA splash maybe even make a run for Namdi.

Many would argue Spencer is our best CB.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Many would be wrong.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

This x11ty
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Not sure why everyone is so excited? We've let all of our fa's test the market and now we are going to cut Nate. Hooray for the yorks! They've saved a ton of money. Of course now we can only field a half of team. How many daft picks do you guys think we have? We have no center, no qb, one ok corner, no NT, no starting caliber OlB. But hey, if we ever do decide to compete at least we'll have money. GTFO.

There's only a few irreplaceable players on this team. Why would we keep all the guys that were part of a 6-10 team? Clements is slow, plays dumb and jumps routes. He's completely replaceable as he was average at best. Let him walk along with Franklin, Alex Smith, and Manny Lawson.

I dont want to get this twisted. It's not that I think any one of those players are franchise caliber. However, I do think they are solid. In addition, I believe the guys behind them (T.Brown, RJF, Brooks/Haralson -remember we didn't sign Laboy) are 2nd stringers at best. And not to make this about Alex Smith, but David Carr is the worst QB I've seen in years. The point is, we are making all these moves/non-moves without a sure fire plan B (So it seems). Maybe they have a plan, great. However, we are leaving our team with a lot of holes and unless we get lucky (yeah I said) in the draft and go hard in FA, we are screwed.

Have you ever heard of the say, " You dont quit your job unless you already have one to replace it." That's how I see the Niners right now.

Many would be wrong.

Many are right. I want a CB that can cover and doesn't constantly get juked.
Originally posted by jones49:

Many would be wrong.

So you don't want Spencer?
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jones49:

Many would be wrong.

So you don't want Spencer?

lol.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

lol nice. yeah thanks for like 2 good games
i'll miss nate

but not getting burnt for a td every week

His best bet wast to renegotiate his contract to stay. If he plain out rejected that then wtf.
thank god. He is so bad, there's just really no other way to put it. A team that doesn't even really have any good cornerbacks wants to cut him.
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
His best bet wast to renegotiate his contract to stay. If he plain out rejected that then wtf.

he must not have watched the film.
Our secondary is going to suck next year, Granted there is a full season. I mean Spencer is the only real experienced CB. Cutting clements will almost certain force our hand to draft a 1st round CB. Our Defence is going to have there work cut out for them next season. If it wasnt for willis on our team it would be a joke.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
good news
Share 49ersWebzone