LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Tim Kawakami's interview with 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Method:
HARBAUGH WILL KEEP YOUR BOY ALEX SMITH!!1

It remains to be seen. If thats what he wants to do then fine, but I agree with what he says about making everybody earn their spots even the QB. So if he gives MY BOY a chance to compete along with other competent choices then so be it.

However I do believe that MY BOY wants to go somewhere else, because the fanbase dont like his kind around here.

You already hinted to an automatic death to Alex by mentioning the word competition. Lol

Depends on who they bring in... Remeber this is the same team that brought in Carr and Troy.. Because of fear of Alex would lose his starting job... Which happen any ways... If the competion was fair... He wouldn't have lasted 6 years!
[ Edited by fakers23 on Feb 17, 2011 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by fakers23:
Appearntly Harbaugh not as smart as people say he is,because all those things he listed for a good QB... Alex has none of them!

fakers for HC=championships
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Appearntly Harbaugh not as smart as people say he is,because all those things he listed for a good QB... Alex has none of them!

Sorry no interest in coaching,but even me as a fan can see crap.... Which Alex is.. Only the 49er brain trust still thinks Alex is good... Nobody else in the league would have given him 6 and now a 7th year!

Sorry no interest in coaching,but even me as a fan can see crap.... Which Alex is.. Only the 49er brain trust still thinks Alex is good... Nobody else in the league would have given him 6 and now a 7th year!

You have to do a better job of reading in between the lines. You're claim that Harbaugh isn't smart is just ignorant. Either that or you have no clue as to what he's accomplished prior to getting this job, because if you did, you would know that he is an extremely intelligent football coach.

Maybe he sees something no one else does. Maybe he's blowing smoke. We'll find out soon enough.

My personal opinion is that the honeymoon with Alex Smith is over. It's time to move on. But I'm not going to be so arrogant to call out the HC whom I coveted for a long time simply because he's keeping his options open, especially in an off year where teams are being hamstrung.

I read crap too

there goes our championship
I particularly liked this part

I haven’t had any remorse about the decision or buyer’s remorse. I can look back on my life and say that hasn’t always been the case—a decision you make or an investment you make or something you do, you look back a week or two later, you go, ‘oooh, why’d I do that?’

It's good to see that Jim is still excited and emotionaly invested in being the niners coach.

It also seemed that Tim was starting piss Jim off with his pushing of the play calling questings. I thought that was funny.
first reply in the second part nailed it. I love it when someone else does the work for me...

Quote:
hibcbcbc says:
February 17th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Lets be honest here folks. I never thought in a million lifetimes Alex would be granted his 9th life here after ******* the bed here last year for the 6th year. But lets use Harbaugh’s QB “requirements” and put Alex to the test.

“First of all, a competitor.” I realize Alex may be competitive in practice or during 7 on 7 drills. But in games, when things don’t go his way, he goes HangDog Alex (chin in chest) faster than any quarterback I’ve ever seen not named Jim Everett. A resounding “No” on this one.

“I look for a guy who has athletic instincts.” Alex is a good athlete who cannot seem to apply them to football. His drops are sloppy, his ability to feel pressure non-existent. And he doesn’t ever seem to pick up big yards scrambling. Shaun Hill, a much worse athlete than Alex, has 100x better athletic instincts.

“Want him to be an accurate thrower” Alex has a career completion percentage of 57%. That would place him 28th out of 31 quarterbacks for 2010 QB stats. He isn’t accurate. He has never been accurate. Some beat guys like Barrows try to perpetuate this myth but it isn’t backed up by any data whatsoever.

“Understands timing and has the ability to make great decisions.” No and no. Of course Alex always blames his receivers routes. Makes great decisions? See the Philly game. Or the Atlanta game. Or the Seattle game. Or the KC game. No. Not even close.

“Quick-minded” No. Alex is completely robotic. Anytime a play breaks down and he has to improvise, BAD THINGS happen, like the fumble return TD against Philly.

” Tough. Durable.” Um, no. Not even close. Alex spent significant time on the IR list in 2005, 2007, and 2010.

So every requirement Harbaugh has for playing quarterback for him Alex fails. And he doesn’t fail by a little. He fails across the board, at a John Blutarski type level.

These are the facts folks. Let the Alex excuses cascade in from here. But it is the cold, hard, reality. I believe Harbaugh will say Alex is an option until he finds something better, and that process is #1 on his list. We have to believe that as 49er fans looking for hope.

and this part CRACKED ME UP!

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers is an amazing QB. Extremely accurate in college (23/25 vs USC in the biggest game of the Tedford era), and has only gotten better. The system did not create him or his success. His skills, talent, and balls did. The gushing for him across the board is because he is a surgeon with the football.
Alex smith is like a dentist with a sledgehammer.
A bad idea you want nowhere near you.
I liked him not showing his cards about if he would take a qb at 7! Glad he did that the cards have a need at qb, olb, and secondary just like us.
and the transformation into an alex smith thread begins again.....

Its amazing how negative this kawakami really is, always trying to stirr controversy with his questions and always trying to make the head coahces say things they would regret later, i liked how JH was in total control of this interview and liked how he told the media guy to refrain his questions...good coach we have here, and honestly, if it aint Carson Palmer, i want Alex back..
Due to the labor impasse if Alex hangs on and does not produce immediately Harbaugh will put him out faster than yesterdays news.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

there goes our championship

I like it, and can see that ignorant Niners fans are running out of steam.
All of the uneducated genius deductions like "no pocket presence, this is a fact" from people that have never coached offensive systems and quarterbacks before, without strong grasps of mechanics, without accurate histories because they've probably been too busy drinking, pissing, and whining to watch the games,
ALL I'M SAYING IS LET'S LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS, LET'S SUPPORT OUR TEAM AND THE GUY THAT WE WANTED TO HIRE BECAUSE OF HOW WELL HE COACHES AND DEVELOPS QUARTERBACKS.

"The haters' word against Harbaughs?" I'll take Harbaugh x infinity
But there shouldn't even be an argument, but this is the internet too so I guess there is :)

True
Originally posted by PTulini:

Wait dude... In this time of uncertainty with the CBA, Harbaugh can only work with what has until we find out otherwise. Given the limited options at the moment, keeping Alex Smith may be the best choice we have?
Share 49ersWebzone