LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Alex Smith the starter next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Alex really is Harbaugh's best option this year. You draft a quarterback or bring in McNabb, Palmer or Kolb you marry them. With Alex you have a quarterback with potential to grow but if things go wrong you can easily end the relationship and move on the following year.

We start off 0-5 again this year you bench Alex and wait for Luck. Win, win scenario. It's like Holmgren starting off with Delhomme and Wallace. You can buy time for McCoy (3rd round pick) to develop or you're in position to draft your next QB.

Probably the only reason I want Smith to come back.

I can dig that!
Alex Smith is a horrible virus on the 49ers that for 6 years has managed to evolve and remain on the team. I am so stoked that we were able to land Jim Harbaugh as our head coach! Doesn't he realize though that the 49er Franchise needs a fresh start without Alex.

I have total faith in Harbaugh. But the though of Alex Smith being our best option at QB makes me ; This virus needs to be cured, or at least put on another host.
Originally posted by susweel:

Nothing like a 6 year old GIF to make your point.

But hey...at least his leg was bent.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Yah this was before he perfected the art of rolling out to the right and throwing it out of bounds.

Yah this was before he perfected the art of rolling out to the right and throwing it out of bounds.

Cmon.. Alex had no protection , and was throwing to guys like bajema, Jason mcaddley , brandon Lloyd and clearly wasn't NFL ready. We broke him from the start, he's definitely improved and deserves a year with a solid offense of head coach in harbaugh to see if he can take a step to consistency. Smith has been decent with 32 td and 22 int in his last 20 starts, its just finding the consistency
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

Cmon.. Alex had no protection , and was throwing to guys like bajema, Jason mcaddley , brandon Lloyd and clearly wasn't NFL ready. We broke him from the start, he's definitely improved and deserves a year with a solid offense of head coach in harbaugh to see if he can take a step to consistency. Smith has been decent with 32 td and 22 int in his last 20 starts, its just finding the consistency

Brandon Lloyd was NFL ready. He just had Alex the Virus Smith throwing too him. He used to make some nice plays for us with Ken Dorsey out of all people. He may have a bad attitude but he was ready, Alex never was and never will be.
  • Envy
  • Veteran

I disagree. This circus has went on for far too long.

From Montana and Young to this . . . . . .
Originally posted by hateroids84:

Brandon Lloyd was NFL ready. He just had Alex the Virus Smith throwing too him. He used to make some nice plays for us with Ken Dorsey out of all people. He may have a bad attitude but he was ready, Alex never was and never will be.

Who's got the gif of Brandon Lloyd ducking while the ball is thrown right at his head?
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Alex really is Harbaugh's best option this year. You draft a quarterback or bring in McNabb, Palmer or Kolb you marry them. With Alex you have a quarterback with potential to grow but if things go wrong you can easily end the relationship and move on the following year.

We start off 0-5 again this year you bench Alex and wait for Luck. Win, win scenario. It's like Holmgren starting off with Delhomme and Wallace. You can buy time for McCoy (3rd round pick) to develop or you're in position to draft your next QB.

Probably the only reason I want Smith to come back.

I can dig that!

Key word here: "wait". Haven't we done that for long enough? I like the idea of getting Luck but I'm done with waiting. This team has to actively go out there and pursue a solution to this 8 year quarterback conundrum.

Originally posted by marls1:

Who's got the gif of Brandon Lloyd ducking while the ball is thrown right at his head?

What does that have to do with anything? And anyway, that was from when Smith wasn't even on our team?

lol...

You still have to agree we have seen improvement from Smith. I really was expecting 2010 to be his breakout year but it turned out to expose Singletary as a terrible coach.

I do think Harbaugh can get Smith to be a top 5 QB. If it doesn't work, we can always go after Luck...
Originally posted by niner4life21:

What does that have to do with anything? And anyway, that was from when Smith wasn't even on our team?

Just making the point that B Lloyd SUCKED when he was a 49er...
  • Envy
  • Veteran

lol...

You still have to agree we have seen improvement from Smith. I really was expecting 2010 to be his breakout year but it turned out to expose Singletary as a terrible coach.

I do think Harbaugh can get Smith to be a top 5 QB. If it doesn't work, we can always go after Luck...

H.O.P.

You are saying you would rather give this guy another shot because if he fails then we might have a chance at the number 1 pick in next years draft?

Do you even like this team?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

lol...

Funniest statement ever
Share 49ersWebzone