Alex Smith the starter next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Nes49:
God I hope Baalke vetoes Harbaugh on this decision. Enough is enough, even if we have to start a rookie.

No...I hope Baalke & Harbaugh sit & seriously go over EVERYTHING. They need to be together & on the same page here.

To me it seems like there is some difference in opinion on Alex with Baalke and Harbaugh.

exactly what I see.

Could be the start of something. I know its very early but I could see Harbaugh forcing out Baalke for full control.
God I hope Baalke vetoes Harbaugh on this decision. Enough is enough, even if we have to start a rookie.

No...I hope Baalke & Harbaugh sit & seriously go over EVERYTHING. They need to be together & on the same page here.

To me it seems like there is some difference in opinion on Alex with Baalke and Harbaugh.

exactly what I see.

Could be the start of something. I know its very early but I could see Harbaugh forcing out Baalke for full control.

Harbraugh has the advantage when he was brought on they were many articles saying he would more authority than a normal uv uc already gets to choose qb and I'm sure he'll also get to choose who we draft as well
What has Baalke said about Alex Smith?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

He basically said that he sucks big rhinoceros cocks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

exactly what I see.

Harbraugh has the advantage when he was brought on they were many articles saying he would more authority than a normal uv uc already gets to choose qb and I'm sure he'll also get to choose who we draft as well

And also Im sure Harbaugh's salary is higher then Baalke's. The one making the most money is always in charge of the show.

That the QB of the future is not currently on the roster...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Has Harbaugh said the he thinks Alex is the QB of the future?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

exactly what I see.

He'll have a say, but how much no one knows, all those articles are just speculation. Unless you are Carnac the great and can read hearts and minds we will truly never know until this phase of niner lore becomes history.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He has that he would like to have him on the roster in the future while playing QB.

so yes

No!

Oh boy, atleast one more season with Alex Smith throwing the ball......well maybe the 9th OC is the charm......hopefully. In Jim I trust

He has that he would like to have him on the roster in the future while playing QB.

so yes

I think Harbaugh is being smart. You don't alienate the best QB that you KNOW you can lay your hands on and you let your GM try and get you something better.

And when your pre-season is over you put your best player on the field.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Feb 18, 2011 at 1:58 PM ]
I bet David Carr probably beats Alex in a QB competition.

He lost to other career third string QBs Tim Rattay, JTO, Shaun Hill.

You're a funny guy ha ha ha

Carr had a chance to play in place of Smith and out perform him when it really counts-the reg season.And just like the rest of these guys(including Troy) over the period of time they were in there they couldn't do it
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I sincerely hope so.

Jim Harbaugh is a better football mind than every single one of us. I trust in his judgement. And his ability to develop incredible QB talent.

Alex Smith is far and away the best FA QB option available. It's not even close.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by excelsior:
I don't understand you guys. You say that we shouldn't look at Kolb's stats because he has not had enough time to get in a groove. Okay, if we are not supposed to look at his stats, then what the HELL are you looking at that causes you to think he is worth a 2nd round draft pick?

Watching him in game and seeing his good accuracy, pocket presence, touch, etc. And add in the fact he's been coached by one of the best.

Same goes for Alex with this dude. You can look at his 82 QB rating or his "great" redzone numbers, or you could watch him in game and see him throw inaccurate passes, stare down WRs before he throws to them, check down too early, not hit his targets in stride, not read the field, make poor decisions, turn the ball over, display poor pocket presence, refuse to take chances, show a lack of anticipation and generally just make mistakes.

Numbers can be part of the argument. But putting Alex's below average numbers aside, he just doesnt pass the eye test.

Or you could look at his career stats and see a improving QB every year,especially the last 2 despite the drama.

And it looks like he's passing Harbaugh's eye test whose opinion matters here
Share 49ersWebzone