There are 254 users in the forums

Honest Expectations of 2011 Season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bowch!

/thread
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
6 - 10

Really? people on this board were peeing all over themselves last off season when this same roster had MIKE SINGLETARY at the helm!

You really think Singletary is a better coach then Harbaugh?

You don't see a "Pete Carol" turn around from JH?

Aww come the f**k on people this is the off season if you can't be optimistic now when can you!

10-6 easy NFC west champs!

Better coaches, same crappy NFC west opponents, a roster that fits Harbaugh's style to a tee, come on!

A "Pete Carol" turn around?

So you mean 7-9?
Until we address the QB position 6-10 might be optimistic.

Don't bet on the worse division in the history of the NFL again. The Rams will probally improve dramatically this offseason, the Cards just need a QB, and Seattle's average but it's always going to be tough road game.
head to head, we have beaten our division 4 to 2 and 5 to 1 the prior two yrs, i expect that trend to continue and i think we can pick up four games this yr outside of our division so optimistically i can see 9 wins practically i can estimate 8 wins. going up against the nfc east and afc north i think our whole division will take some losses and we should b in contention to win it. i just don't want arizona to get cam newton at qb and i hope we can solve our qb quandry because once we do the sky is the limit for us
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Until we address the QB position 6-10 might be optimistic.

Don't bet on the worse division in the history of the NFL again. The Rams will probally improve dramatically this offseason, the Cards just need a QB, and Seattle's average but it's always going to be tough road game.

It will be addressed. The 49ers will re-sign Alex Smith and Harbaugh will make him so awesome, we will forget about Joe Montana and Steve Young. Harbaugh will eliminate all 5,000 excuses Alex has and he will be the only player voted into the Hall of Fame while still active.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
6 - 10

Really? people on this board were peeing all over themselves last off season when this same roster had MIKE SINGLETARY at the helm!

Aww come the f**k on people this is the off season if you can't be optimistic now when can you!

Better coaches, same crappy NFC west opponents, a roster that fits Harbaugh's style to a tee, come on!

So you mean 7-9?

How many more wins over their previous year? 4-12, so pete was good for 3 more wins. I gotta think we can scratch out 3-4 more wins next year.

People on this board and around the league thought this same roster under the guidance of Mike Singletary would win 9-10 games and the NFC west.

Now we have better coaching, cap room, our rookie O-linemen have a little experience, we have the #7 draft pick, and we will be worse why?
  • dj43
6 - 10

So you mean 7-9?

How many more wins over their previous year? 4-12, so pete was good for 3 more wins. I gotta think we can scratch out 3-4 more wins next year.

People on this board and around the league thought this same roster under the guidance of Mike Singletary would win 9-10 games and the NFC west.

Now we have better coaching, cap room, our rookie O-linemen have a little experience, we have the #7 draft pick, and we will be worse why?
Most of those lofty expectations from last season were based on the premise that the NFL West was even worse than it turned out to be.

I don't expect the NFCW to be as bad as it was last year. Carroll made some solid roster moves and Spag got the Rams to playing some pretty good football at times. They have a young defense that will dominate some games next year. The Cards are all about the QB and a few other issues so they may not be much better.

That means the 49ers will have to pass both the Rams and the Seahawks if they are to show much improvement. Given that plus the strength of the schedule they will play, 6 wins looks like a good year unless Harbaugh can weave his magic on Alex Smith.
harbaugh is retaining alex to insure a number 1 draft pick next season.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
harbaugh is retaining alex to insure a number 1 draft pick next season.

Agreed... Anyone that think this team is anything but a top 10 pick team next year with the Bust at QB... Is kidding themselves...
6 - 10

So you mean 7-9?

Well, if the 9ers had had a legitimate coach last year they would have won several more games but whether Harbaugh will make changes to the roster may limit his first year success. I would think FA gains and losses will also impact the year more than in the past. If I were the Yorks, I would go all out this year because you have your guy and the time is perfect for an image boost.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
6 - 10

So you mean 7-9?

Well, if the 9ers had had a legitimate coach last year they would have won several more games but whether Harbaugh will make changes to the roster may limit his first year success. I would think FA gains and losses will also impact the year more than in the past. If I were the Yorks, I would go all out this year because you have your guy and the time is perfect for an image boost.

Agree
9-7

NFC West Title
I honestly expect the playoffs. Our division is weak. We have a talented team. We've been 1 win away for two years. If Harbaugh is everything he's cracked up to be then 9-7 and the playoffs should not be beyond our reach.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I honestly expect the playoffs. Our division is weak. We have a talented team. We've been 1 win away for two years. If Harbaugh is everything he's cracked up to be then 9-7 and the playoffs should not be beyond our reach.

Seems realistic to me.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Ask me once we know who is our starting QB.

this
Share 49ersWebzone