There are 191 users in the forums

Got 43:40 minutes to burn to make you get in the Super Bowl Spirit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quite possibily one of the best Super Bowl teams ever to make one of the best Super Bowl Runs ever...

Originally posted by zozell:
Quite possibily one of the best Super Bowl teams ever to make one of the best Super Bowl Runs ever...

Its hard to watch this and see what we've been reduced too...
It's good to re-experience the greatness. I never knew Montana called Rice Fifi.

were did we go wrong?? harbraugh bring back the greatness
Originally posted by vaniner1981:
were did we go wrong?? harbraugh bring back the greatness

look back to 1998 (Eddie D's last year of owning the team getting caught up in the gambling scheme). Theres your answer to that not to mention Terry Donahue dipping his hand in the franchise.
I never knew Jim Plunkett was Niner! How long was he with us? Was it a one year deal like OJ or what?
I always have time to burn if the Niners are the reason I'm burning it.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I never knew Jim Plunkett was Niner! How long was he with us? Was it a one year deal like OJ or what?

2 years. 76-77 seasons. Stunk it up.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Feb 6, 2011 at 12:15:52 ]
Good call, zozell! One of the most dominant stretches of playoff football ever. Don't mind reliving this season ever........

Originally posted by zozell:

I had that game saved in my DVR. I watched it yesterday so, I'm ready.
I have spent all day re-watching all 5 Americas Game of our Super Bowls....its WAY better than watching the blow fest of the Packers, Steelers, and Cowboys all day re capping the same s**t that was spewed for the last 2 weeks.
  • ZRF80
Im glad you guys posted these videos of great Niner Superbowl teams. I hope some of the youngsters on this site take an opportunity to watch 'em and see what it takes for a team to be great. The backbone of ALL our Superbowl teams was a sound quarterback. I find it hilarious (and somewhat humiliating) to hear fans say that Harbaugh can coach Alex into a good / great player.

Joe Montana was on "Mike and Mike" (ESPN) the other day, and they asked him what it takes to be an elite QB (in reference to Roethlisberger and possibly Rodgers down the road), and he said the ELITE quarterbacks can win even when everything's not there for them. He referenced several games where his defense was playing like garbage, or his oline wasnt blocking, or he had injured players......but he said he always found a way to put the team on his shoulder and carry it.

For anyone to even fathom that Alex Smith is capable of this, and that the only thing he lacks is a good coach.......is downright lost and has been a Niner fan post-Young era.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Im glad you guys posted these videos of great Niner Superbowl teams. I hope some of the youngsters on this site take an opportunity to watch 'em and see what it takes for a team to be great. The backbone of ALL our Superbowl teams was a sound quarterback. I find it hilarious (and somewhat humiliating) to hear fans say that Harbaugh can coach Alex into a good / great player.

Joe Montana was on "Mike and Mike" (ESPN) the other day, and they asked him what it takes to be an elite QB (in reference to Roethlisberger and possibly Rodgers down the road), and he said the ELITE quarterbacks can win even when everything's not there for them. He referenced several games where his defense was playing like garbage, or his oline wasnt blocking, or he had injured players......but he said he always found a way to put the team on his shoulder and carry it.

For anyone to even fathom that Alex Smith is capable of this, and that the only thing he lacks is a good coach.......is downright lost and has been a Niner fan post-Young era.
I f**king love Steve Young. Dude spiked the ball in that dudes face like he was a real man, leader, competitor, and tough guy that doesn't take s**t from anyone. I miss him. He was very cool.
Share 49ersWebzone