LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Carr as the starter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I have never given the idea of Carr as our starter any credence after seeing him in the CAR game last year. He was horrible. But this article actually made me think that it is at least possible:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/29/carr-suddenly-in-mix-for-niners-starting-qb-job

This could be just some writer's guess on a slow day. That said, I was unaware that our new OC was Carr's QB coach in HOU during his only two years of minor "success". Could this really be a possibility?

If the CBA remains in limbo late into the off season and we are unable to trade for a McNabb, Orton, Palmer, Kolb, etc. we are going to be in a bind. The idea of Carr starting makes me throw up in my mouth a little, but I guess this is something that could come to fruition...

I cant believe I'm going to write this, but I'd rather go with Alex Smith than Carr.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

(PS- I like how a lot of veterans hide and create fake poser accounts to post controversial ideas and thoughts. )

What? Who do you think I am?

Seriously, I post an article from a legit site and ask for feedback. Didn't say I was for it (I'm against if you couldn't figure that out). Not looking to start controversy, just something to talk about. I think Carr starting is as bad an idea as having Lindsey Lohan start for us. That said, the article made a couple points that at least makes the idea feasible.

I'd rather start Lohan at qb.
Carr will likely get cut in the pre-season or earlier. He is terrible, we should have never signed him.
I have never given the idea of Carr as our starter any credence after seeing him in the CAR game last year. He was horrible. But this article actually made me think that it is at least possible:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/29/carr-suddenly-in-mix-for-niners-starting-qb-job

This could be just some writer's guess on a slow day. That said, I was unaware that our new OC was Carr's QB coach in HOU during his only two years of minor "success". Could this really be a possibility?

If the CBA remains in limbo late into the off season and we are unable to trade for a McNabb, Orton, Palmer, Kolb, etc. we are going to be in a bind. The idea of Carr starting makes me throw up in my mouth a little, but I guess this is something that could come to fruition...

I cant believe I'm going to write this, but I'd rather go with Alex Smith than Carr.

(PS- I like how a lot of veterans hide and create fake poser accounts to post controversial ideas and thoughts. )

Seriously, I post an article from a legit site and ask for feedback. Didn't say I was for it (I'm against if you couldn't figure that out). Not looking to start controversy, just something to talk about. I think Carr starting is as bad an idea as having Lindsey Lohan start for us. That said, the article made a couple points that at least makes the idea feasible.

Nobody is questioning or refuting your opinion. I am giving you mine, which is the same as yours. Dont get your panties in a ruffle noob.

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Feb 7, 2011 at 09:28:32 ]
Please excuse me sir. I have to step outside with my wife.

Nobody is questioning or refuting your opinion. I am giving you mine, which is the same as yours. Dont get your panties in a ruffle noob.

No one's panties are in a ruffle. Just pointing out that there was no intent by me to cause "controversy".

And just because I don't post 10 times a day doesn't make me a "noob". I've been on here longer than you...look it up.
whoever post this is an idiot carr SUCKS!!!!!!! AND ALWAYS WILL
No way in hell Carr is the starter come week 1. N f'n way!!!!! I'll be surprised if he's even still on the team.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Didnt Niner fans want Carr to start over A Smith? Well Now the Fans could get what they asked for...

LOL remember to watch out what you ask for...might not turn out the way you wanted it...

It's not so much that we wanted Carr, we just wanted the Alex Smith virus to be done with.

I remember watching the game & people chanting "We want Carr" after every bad play while Alex Smith was in.
Originally posted by BayStreamin510:
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Didnt Niner fans want Carr to start over A Smith? Well Now the Fans could get what they asked for...

LOL remember to watch out what you ask for...might not turn out the way you wanted it...

It's not so much that we wanted Carr, we just wanted the Alex Smith virus to be done with.

I remember watching the game & people chanting "We want Carr" after every bad play while Alex Smith was in.

At least sever heard that chant again

Keep reaching for the stars Niner fans. David Carr. Awesome.
no! no! no!

that said, carr isn't as awful as he looked last year. backups normally get some reps in practice and training camp, but apparently singletard was so dedicated to keeping alex's job secure that he let carr have almost no reps in practice.

carr == smith

they're the same s**t
I CAN throw the ball further and with more zip and accuracy than Carr. Enough said.
Carr's missing a starter.
Carr = worse than Dilfer, Pickett and Dorsey. Dude couldn't even pass the ball well vs. Panthers, worst team in the league. With that said, make him the starter, he's a BEAST!!
Share 49ersWebzone