LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

SI's 10 worst superbowls of all time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
Don't even have to look to know the 55-10 game is on there.

Man, to watch the Niners completely obliterate somebody in the SB musta been amazing. Wish I was alive to see that. I can only pray now.

I was there, second level.. The party down on Bourbon Street that night was unreal, cept I don't remember all of it!

I actually got tired jumping up and waving my Niner flag, which was huge, every TD..

The good ol days fer sure!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

That pic gotta be fake. joe never jumped that high in his life

I actually have that magazine, I know its not worth anything but I could never allow myself to throw it away.

Why not? He could dunk a basketball, and was a pretty good athlete.
Does anyone else find it moronic that SF v. Den is the worst of all time? Hey you can't blame the 49ers for executing as brilliantly and flawlessly as any football team ever has. They took football to an art form on that day. A dramatic close contest, of course not. But the worst super bowl ever? Come on!

What about Ravens v. Giants? Kerry Collins vs. Trent Dilfer?

The Ravens were such a flawed team on offense. But you knew there defense was so good that the Giants were toast once they fell behind. Watching New York 'attempt' to move the ball was painful. At least Niners v. Broncos had offensive fireworks and Montana v. Elway, two Hall of Fame QBs. Right?
Originally posted by InfiniteEight:
I'm sorry but this whole thing just sounds stupid. 10 worst Super Bowls? That's nearly 25% of all Super Bowls. Not much to choose from.

And all they did was grab ones that had lopsided ending scores. And the only close one had quite a few turnovers, but, to me, that would be more interesting since it kept the game close making the game end on a winning field goal.

And one of the games had the first winning African-American QB? Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but that sounds hella racist being one of the worst Super Bowls.

It's a damn silly article and an honour to be the worst, because in their view it means the most one-sided.

That being said, where are you coming from with the accusation of racism? Marking Doug Williams performance- and he shares with Plunkett my favourite non 49er qb award- is not racism. His Superbowl featured a great second quarter and a dull second half. But I don't blame that on Doug's skin colour.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Why not? He could dunk a basketball, and was a pretty good athlete.

the position he is in just doesn't look natural for someone who is jumping.
Originally posted by sfout:

You can tell his left foot is touching the ground lol. it is totally photoshoped

This magazine is from 1990. Photoshop didn't exist, and that looks way too clean to be an edited picture from that period of time. We were winning the super bowl. lol Jesse Sapolu probably could've jumped that high on that day.

Also, Guy McIntyre is standing on his toes to reach joes high five. That would make no sense if Joe was supposedly on the ground.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 4, 2011 at 02:56:09 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

You can tell his left foot is touching the ground lol. it is totally photoshoped

This magazine is from 1990. Photoshop didn't exist, and that looks way too clean to be an edited picture from that period of time. We were winning the super bowl. lol Jesse Sapolu probably could've jumped that high on that day.

Also, Guy McIntyre is standing on his toes to reach joes high five. That would make no sense if Joe was supposedly on the ground.

but who jumps like that????
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Niners99:

but who jumps like that????

Joe's already reached the apex of his jump, when the picture was taken, he was coming back down to the ground.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Those 2 Niner games are great Superbowls to me

Hmmm...flubber perhaps?
makes sense b/c if you weren't a niners fan you probably turned those games off at halftime.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Hmmm...flubber perhaps?

As I heard so many times...Joe was very athletic...could dunk a basketball with two hands.
Originally posted by lamontb:
makes sense b/c if you weren't a niners fan you probably turned those games off at halftime.

And if you were a fan....you were extremely upset that Denver squeaked in that last minute td, it was almost like we lost.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by lamontb:

And if you were a fan....you were extremely upset that Denver squeaked in that last minute td, it was almost like we lost.

Yea I couldn't stand Elway. I remember all my cousins went to go play tecmo bowl. I was the only person still watching the game by myself.

The Chargers game was just a thing of beauty.

[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 4, 2011 at 07:24:15 ]
Share 49ersWebzone