LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

This article about Tight Ends in Harbaughs Offense got me pumped

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Still can't understand why Mikey could have hired Jimmy Raye who was oblivious to creating an offensive scheme tailored to the personnel on his team.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Still can't understand why Mikey could have hired Jimmy Raye who was oblivious to creating an offensive scheme tailored to the personnel on his team.

Because he knew he'd be a puppet.
I thought Walker might not fit Harbaugh's TE model but after reading the article that idea is definately gone! Wow! Someone who will know how to use the best TE tandom in the NFL! A few months ago the team prospects seemed so bleek, now nothing but sunshine.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 6, 2011 at 16:09:34 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
SF loves tight ends.

This reminds me of one time I was on a public bus in San Francisco on a field trip when I was a kid... and this drunk smelly bum kept screaming "I went in as a tight end and came out as a wide receiver! I want my quarterback!"
  • dj43
Walker will be the greatest beneficiary. He is the best receiver of the group and by far the best route runner. I expect him to be the biggest surprise on the offense.

I hope the new TE coach will help round VD into a complete player who will be more than a blocker and a seam runner. He is not nearly as big a threat as he could be if someone sits him down and shows him how to read a defense and adjust his routes.

Harbaugh was the original Captain Checkdown. He relied TEs a great deal in Indy and has carried that same mindset with him since. The challenge will be to create space underneath without a legitimate deep threat on the roster (the draft MIGHT change that).
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

+1
Originally posted by btak49:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Because he knew he'd be a puppet.

re-living the "dingleberry era" just depresses me.....

happy thoughts happy thoughts
Share 49ersWebzone