LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Official Alex Smith Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fakers = SD
I do not get the argument that Smith didn't have good coaches. Mccarthy? Turner? Martz? Those were really his coaches and he couldn't perform. He didn't even win out for the starting spot for Martz. I don't want to see the guy fail, but he's just not good for the franchise and the fans. When you get booed before you even attempt a throw, it's time to leave. He'll never succeed here in SF when you have your own fans booing you constantly. His confidence is shot here. Even when he is allowed a little bit of freedom, he still utilizes the checkdown receiver 80% of the time. He is totally predictable.

Oakland parted ways with Russell, Arizona parted ways with Leinart, Cleveland parted ways with Quinn, Tennessee might part ways with VY, it is time for the Niners organization to wake up and part ways with Smith. I would think Smith would want a fresh start too.
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by Paul:
I'd be fine with it in a way, if Harbaugh could really coach him up & think there's potential there... but we would still need to draft someone else or bring a veteran in. I know the Alex Smith subject has been beat to death so I won't comment more

What kind of potential can you find from a guy in this league 6 years and still making the same mistakes. This is my personal opinion if Harbaugh brings him back. 2011 will be lost CBA or no CBA...

if Harbaugh resigns the guy I'm sure that's what the logic would be, I don't see what sense it makes keeping the top overall pick as a backup on any team (regardless of salary)

Pau,it real simple. The only reason Alex would be back is because Jed York mother can bring herself to admit picking Alex was a waste of money. If Alex was on any other team he would of be cut after year 4. Shoot,the Raiders cut Rusell fat behind after year 3. I mean if the stupid Raiders can firgure out when to cut the cord. Why can't we!

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
F@ck Alex f$cking Smith. Get off the team already you piece of sh*t quarterback. You are a bust. Gtfo time to move on.

This is the reaction you expect from people at games. Tons of boos!

Yah because the stick has brilliant fans.... "we want Carr!" I trust Harbaugh to make the right decisions over fans who dont know s**t.

What has Alex proven in 6 years of football to earn any of the fans that go to the games respect? What 6 years of last place finishes... Yeah,I know I get the same beat up excuses from Alex lovers as always. It was the coaches fault,OL,Wideots,VD,and everyone else... But when it truly comes down to it. The only one at fault is Alex. Nobody put a gun to Alex head and say throw high or fumble the ball when a defender comes near you. Nope he did that all himself!

Originally posted by calniners408:
I do not get the argument that Smith didn't have good coaches. Mccarthy? Turner? Martz? Those were really his coaches and he couldn't perform. He didn't even win out for the starting spot for Martz. I don't want to see the guy fail, but he's just not good for the franchise and the fans. When you get booed before you even attempt a throw, it's time to leave. He'll never succeed here in SF when you have your own fans booing you constantly. His confidence is shot here. Even when he is allowed a little bit of freedom, he still utilizes the checkdown receiver 80% of the time. He is totally predictable.

Oakland parted ways with Russell, Arizona parted ways with Leinart, Cleveland parted ways with Quinn, Tennessee might part ways with VY, it is time for the Niners organization to wake up and part ways with Smith. I would think Smith would want a fresh start too.

Excatly,we are the only franchise that refuses to admit we made a bad pick... I can see given a guy 3 or 4 years,but 6/maybe 7... That just flat out no offense stupid.

[ Edited by fakers23 on Jan 27, 2011 at 20:28:39 ]
F@ck Alex f$cking Smith. Get off the team already you piece of sh*t quarterback. You are a bust. Gtfo time to move on.

Take a chill pill
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

This is the reaction you expect from people at games. Tons of boos!

Yah because the stick has brilliant fans.... "we want Carr!" I trust Harbaugh to make the right decisions over fans who dont know s**t.

Why can't the haters just accept alex is the best option! Stop the b***hing already if he turns out to be our quarterback, again support it!!
It would be in Harbaugh's best interest to get rid of Alex Smith ASAP.
I think Ill take Alex Smith over Josh Johnson. If guys think JJ is good enough to be a starter, why aren't teams going after him. Hes Troy Smith 2.0
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
It would be in Harbaugh's best interest to get rid of Alex Smith ASAP.

Agreed... If Harbaugh want to have a long career in the NFL. He can't do what the people before him did. Which is hitch thier wagon to number 11. If he does the same thing fans that are praising him now will turn on him in 2 years flat..
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
If Harbaugh thinks he might be able to make him better than I'll trust Harbaugh.

I'm glad you got such blind support for Harbaugh,but I don't. No amount of coaching going to turn turd into gold. Just ask the last 2 coaches who tried..

lol nolan and sing? they ruined alex more than helped him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
If Harbaugh thinks he might be able to make him better than I'll trust Harbaugh.

I'm glad you got such blind support for Harbaugh,but I don't. No amount of coaching going to turn turd into gold. Just ask the last 2 coaches who tried..

Really. I didn't know Mike told Alex to fumble the ball when an Eagle defender wasn't 5 feet from him or tell him to throw high almost killing his wideouts each drive.

alex smith rules!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Really. I didn't know Mike told Alex to fumble the ball when an Eagle defender wasn't 5 feet from him or tell him to throw high almost killing his wideouts each drive.

asinine comment is asinine.
Originally posted by boast:

asinine comment is asinine.

Why because it true... Norv and Martz couldn't get Alex to be above average. What makes you think Harbaugh will be able to do any different. What is he going to wish upon a star and poof Alex will be good?

they hurt his growth and destroyed his confidrence who drafts a qqb without an o line or WR then waits for 5 years before getting a decent WR target and o line not to mention the fact that he has had a different OC every year

tell me name 1 good qb in league now that has had more than 2 OC let alone 6 in 6 years
I don't think he will come back here.
Share 49ersWebzone