LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 463 users in the forums

Was Baalke the rat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to TK's article, Baalke saw Singletary's massive shortcomings as far as head coaching goes, and was probably in Jed's ear telling him that Singletary has to go. Maybe he leaked out info so that the media was aware of his ineptitude, not that they needed the leaked info to discover that. I thought maybe it was one if the assistant coaches that was the "rat", but after reading that article, maybe not so much.

Tim Kawakami's article:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/01/26/singletary-vs-baalke-and-what-that-tells-us-about-the-49ers-future-if-anything/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kawakami-merc+%28Talking+Points+with+Tim+Kawakami%29

[ Edited by Fresniner on Jan 27, 2011 at 11:26:24 ]
If he was, then it was a good thing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its something that we will never know.
You said it yourself, no one needed any information leaked, it was obvious you any one's eyes that Singletary was in over his head. The man should not even have a job right now as LB coach, I guess it is good to have friends in different places.

Singletary tried to divert attention from his shortcomings by saying there was a rat on board, come on, if Baalke did talk I applaud him for trying to get this franchise going in the right direction again.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
You said it yourself, no one needed any information leaked, it was obvious you any one's eyes that Singletary was in over his head. The man should not even have a job right now as LB coach, I guess it is good to have friends in different places.

Singletary tried to divert attention from his shortcomings by saying there was a rat on board, come on, if Baalke did talk I applaud him for trying to get this franchise going in the right direction again.

Baalke to Sing "You're one turtle that can't coach for s**t b***h!"
Originally posted by Fresniner:
According to TK's article, Baalke saw Singletary's massive shortcomings as far as head coaching goes, and was probably in Jed's ear telling him that Singletary has to go. Maybe he leaked out info so that the media was aware of his ineptitude, not that they needed the leaked info to discover that. I thought maybe it was one if the assistant coaches that was the "rat", but after reading that article, maybe not so much.

Tim Kawakami's article:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/01/26/singletary-vs-baalke-and-what-that-tells-us-about-the-49ers-future-if-anything/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kawakami-merc+%28Talking+Points+with+Tim+Kawakami%29

WHO CARES THE EXTERMINATOR JIM HARBAUGH IS HERE NOW!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It had to be someone high up because the information was too spot-on. This goes all the way back to training camp with Davis (and other team members) being upset with Crabtree's laziness. This is going to be interesting. I read somewhere that Baalke watches practices and observed the work habits of all players. Kawakami called him Machiavellian which is probably the highest compliment of any GM of the 49ers since Carmen Policy.

That being said, I expect the leaks to stop.

Yep, there's no way, if Harbaugh and Baalke are truly on the same page and working together, that there is going to be any more "rat" talk.

Finally, this team seems to be on track and moving in the right direction... I can't wait for the draft!
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
It's just TK trying to stir up s**t again, that's all he does. Ignore it.

Baalke wasn't the rat. I got some inside information from a family member of one of the coaches that it was mike johnson.
Originally posted by harbaugh49:
Baalke wasn't the rat. I got some inside information from a family member of one of the coaches that it was mike johnson.

Spilling the beans with your 1st post

Strong first post
You guys have no reason to believe me but I've known for awhile. I was out to dinner with this person and mike johnson came up to us to give her a hug. Shortly after he left she looked at me with disgust and I asked why and she told me. I didn't want to say anything that could come out and hurt our relationship but since the team no longer employs this person I thought it'd be safe.
You guys have no reason to believe me but I've known for awhile. I was out to dinner with this person and mike johnson came up to us to give her a hug. Shortly after he left she looked at me with disgust and I asked why and she told me. I didn't want to say anything that could come out and hurt our relationship but since the team no longer employs this person I thought it'd be safe.

Share 49ersWebzone