LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Why is Harbaugh not going to the Senior Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The never ending thread is never ending...

So, will this topic officially replace all of the Alex Smith threads from now on?

"blah blah Harbagh blah" instead of "blah blah Alex Blah"?

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by excelsior:
What is wrong with some of you guys? You give San Diego a bad time because he brings up points or info that is relevant to the discussion. This is good. You may not agree with his conclusion, but show him some respect as a fellow fan. We do not all see the world the same way. If we all did, we'd all want to marry the same woman (boy, you guys are going to jump all over that comment).

What is wrong with some of you guys? You give San Diego a bad time because he brings up points or info that is relevant to the discussion. This is good. You may not agree with his conclusion, but show him some respect as a fellow fan. We do not all see the world the same way. If we all did, we'd all want to marry the same woman (boy, you guys are going to jump all over that comment).

I think "some of us guys" get fed up with the whining and the drama that takes place on these message boards. Just like all of the people who cried for days about how badly Jed botched the head coach search because he didn't get his guy due to how bad the front office was, and that he was too cheap. Now we see that not only was Jed able to get the hottest coaching prospect for fair market value, that coach works well enough with the GM (a key piece in the supposed messed up front office) that he trusts him enough to be on site to make evaluations. Yet, sandiego is screaming about what a catastrophic error this is on Harbaugh's part, which implies that sandiego knows far better than Harbaugh how to evaluate players. During the head coaching search, I had to quit reading these boards due to the silliness. I was enjoying the break until this thread.
[ Edited by JaxinSac on Jan 25, 2011 at 4:13 PM ]
It sounds to me that you only want to hear from people that agree with you. Anyone with a different perspective or opinion is labled a troll or is accused of whining or stirring up trouble. Nice, real nice.
it's not the differing opinions that are a challenge.. it's the breakdowns in logic (having your opinion based on the fact that you feel yourself better equipped to make football decisions than in this case Harbaugh) that is difficult to sort through. Furthermore, it's not like in this case it was said "it seems odd that Harbaugh wouldn't attend." It was more along the lines of "Harbaugh is an idiot that is making a crazy errror because everyone knows watching someone throw a football in a drill or run around cones is way more valuable than watching film of every play made in a game situation in college..our draft is ruined.."
[ Edited by JaxinSac on Jan 25, 2011 at 4:49 PM ]
It sounds to me that you only want to hear from people that agree with you. Anyone with a different perspective or opinion is labled a troll or is accused of whining or stirring up trouble. Nice, real nice.

You havent read enough of SanDiego's posts.

This.
Originally posted by JaxinSac:
it's not the differing opinions that are a challenge.. it's the breakdowns in logic (having your opinion based on the fact that you feel yourself better equipped to make football decisions than in this case Harbaugh) that is difficult to sort through. Furthermore, it's not like in this case it was said "it seems odd that Harbaugh wouldn't attend." It was more along the lines of "Harbaugh is an idiot that is making a crazy errror because everyone knows watching someone throw a football in a drill or run around cones is way more valuable than watching film of every play made in a game situation in college..our draft is ruined.."

Other teams and scouts and personnel people questioned it and found it unusual. Did you read the article?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

SD is a good guy, he loves this team and wants it succeed. There is nothing with being critical of something that you believe is not right.

I've read articles that suggest it's somewhat odd.. I've also read articles that suggest that it shows that he and Baalke are working well together, and that it's a good sign that he doesn't feel the need to go. I don't pretend that I know better than anyone who works in the NFL for a living, so I stop short of yelling the sky is falling over things that are in the grand scheme of things, pretty miniscule. Again, everyone had the pitch forks and torches outside of Jed's house because Harbaugh was on a midnight place to Miami sitting on suitcases of money. That turned out ok. At this point, I'd be willing to assume he knows what he's doing.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

SD is a good guy, he loves this team and wants it succeed. There is nothing with being critical of something that you believe is not right.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Harbaugh doesn't owe me an explanation, but hey that's just me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

It doesn't appear so on this decision. I want the best QB evaluator there for the 49ers. And he's not there...

Blind faith doesn't work with me.

It's not blind faith, it's simply trusting a man to his job, who at this point in time I have no reason to distrust.

He just came from the college ranks. I'm sure he's done quite a bit of QB scouting prior to getting the job with the 49ers.

But he didn't play all those teams. He played in the PAC 10. So it's reasonable to assume he knows those guys. What about the other ones? Gabbert and Mallett are not PAC 10 guys. Wouldn't he want to take a closer look?

they aren't seniors

here is the roster..
http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

lol, PWNED.

Just continues to dig himself deeper.
Not sure if this has been posted in here or anywhere else but it seems like everythings covered with Trent Baalke at the Senior Bowl, maybe why Harbaugh didnt go.

David White of the San Francisco Chronicle says 49ers general manager Trent Baalke is in his element at the Senior Bowl. White: "Deep inside, Baalke will forever be a field-level scout, and has been since the day he made the career change from high school athletic director in North Dakota to regional scout with the Jets 14 years ago. Some scouts socialized and schmoozed at the South team's practice Monday. Not Baalke. He stood on the sideline, often alone, eyes fixed on a receiver getting around a jam at the line of scrimmage, a left tackle getting leverage on a pass rusher, a cornerback breaking up a seam pass."
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Not sure if this has been posted in here or anywhere else but it seems like everythings covered with Trent Baalke at the Senior Bowl, maybe why Harbaugh didnt go.

David White of the San Francisco Chronicle says 49ers general manager Trent Baalke is in his element at the Senior Bowl. White: "Deep inside, Baalke will forever be a field-level scout, and has been since the day he made the career change from high school athletic director in North Dakota to regional scout with the Jets 14 years ago. Some scouts socialized and schmoozed at the South team's practice Monday. Not Baalke. He stood on the sideline, often alone, eyes fixed on a receiver getting around a jam at the line of scrimmage, a left tackle getting leverage on a pass rusher, a cornerback breaking up a seam pass."
Share 49ersWebzone