LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Why is Harbaugh not going to the Senior Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It makes no sense. The explaination that he needs to review film on potential FA's... The Senior Bowl happens only now and he can review film anytime. Wouldn't we want him there especially for QB's since he would be the superior QB evaluator compared to Baalke? The last time Baalke had the bright idea to trade up for a player he picked an OT who can't pass block...

I was hoping we could avoid this situation on at least QB. The QB would be "Harbaugh approved" and we would get the right guy instead of the wrong guy. This is a team that says "the QB of the future is not on the roster." If that's the case wouldn't you want the HC who is an expert QB evaluator and QB developer to be at the Senior Bowl where there are many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round potential prospects? It doesn't make sense.
Harbaugh doesn't owe me an explanation, but hey that's just me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
SD souring on Harbaugh?!?!

well that was quick!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Harbaugh doesn't owe me an explanation, but hey that's just me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

It doesn't appear so on this decision. I want the best QB evaluator there for the 49ers. And he's not there...

Blind faith doesn't work with me.
Originally posted by boast:

well that was quick!

I like Harbaugh. But this decision is curious. Baalke blocking him from going?... It makes zero sense not to have the best QB evaluator there. He needs to be there period. We need a QB and Harbaugh needs to be there.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It doesn't appear so on this decision. I want the best QB evaluator there for the 49ers. And he's not there...

It's not blind faith, it's simply trusting a man to his job, who at this point in time I have no reason to distrust.

He just came from the college ranks. I'm sure he's done quite a bit of QB scouting prior to getting the job with the 49ers.

It's not blind faith, it's simply trusting a man to his job, who at this point in time I have no reason to distrust.

He just came from the college ranks. I'm sure he's done quite a bit of QB scouting prior to getting the job with the 49ers.

This.

But he didn't play all those teams. He played in the PAC 10. So it's reasonable to assume he knows those guys. What about the other ones?
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM ]

Why aren't you buddy

But he didn't play all those teams. He played in the PAC 10. So it's reasonable to assume he knows those guys. What about the other ones? Gabbert and Mallett are not PAC 10 guys. Wouldn't he want to take a closer look?

they aren't seniors

here is the roster..
http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
We've had coaches coach the Senior Bowl and we could argue that it had little impact on the quality of the overall draft. He still has the Combine and individual workouts not to mention game tape of the Senior Bowl for evaluation.
Originally posted by jreff22:

But he didn't play all those teams. He played in the PAC 10. So it's reasonable to assume he knows those guys. What about the other ones? Gabbert and Mallett are not PAC 10 guys. Wouldn't he want to take a closer look?

they aren't seniors

here is the roster..
http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

lol, PWNED.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

well that was quick!

I like Harbaugh. But this decision is curious. Baalke blocking him from going?... It makes zero sense not to have the best QB evaluator there. He needs to be there period. We need a QB and Harbaugh needs to be there.

what if the QB he is targeting is not a senior? what if they already know they are not interested in any of the seniors?
Share 49ersWebzone