LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

49ers hire Brad Seely as ST Coordinator!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Couldn't the Browns decline us an interview since it's a lateral move? Actually, it would be a demotion because he wouldn't be the assistant HC as well as ST coach.

I'm not sure how it works, since the Browns fired their old coach, Shurmur might be letting the old staff go, just like they let Ryan go.

That's a good point... I assume they gave us permission if we are talking to him.
would be an awesome pickup
Eric_Branch: RT @PTulini: If I'm not mistaken, Seely has also worked w/ Donatell at U of Pacific ('83) and Fangio in Carolina (95-98) >> You are correct.
Didn't he just cause some trouble in Arizona?

^^ too early?
Now we're talking!
bring back al
Originally posted by Allx9er:
bring back al

He's still coaching . . . thanks Sing . .
Originally posted by fakers23:
Cool. Now just need a Returner... lol

Ted Ginn is pretty good. Actually, he was awesome last year.

Ginn was great in the punt return game but his kickoff returns weren't so special. Maybe a new special teams coach can help with better blocking schemes on kickoff returns.
Couldn't the Browns decline us an interview since it's a lateral move? Actually, it would be a demotion because he wouldn't be the assistant HC as well as ST coach.

I'm not sure how it works, since the Browns fired their old coach, Shurmur might be letting the old staff go, just like they let Ryan go.

That's a good point... I assume they gave us permission if we are talking to him.

Quote:
Eric Branch: RT @Icer101: is he under contract? >> According to a report, he "may" have an out that kicked in when Mangini was fired.

Well, it seems the Niners are actually talking to him (thanks for the information, guys!), so there might be a decent chance he joins the Niners staff.

If so, our special teams could get a real boost: I looked at Rick Gosselins special teams rankings (the quasi-standard rankings of special teams in the NFL) and the Browns managed to field the best special teams unit in the entire NFL right in the first year Seely joined them!

Granted, those Browns had Josh Cribbs, but maybe Seely can work his magic on Ted Ginn as well, I would look forward to it
Wow... I hope Seely comes here, that would be the best assistant/coordinator acquisition for us since Norv Turner! -This seriously shows you how much respect Harbaugh has, and how terrible Singletary was.

Harbaugh is getting the honest convenience of an interview from a top 5 Special Teams coach (with 3 SB rings), while Kurt Schottenheimer was the only guy Sing could get last year.

I swear, this team is on the verge of becoming respectable again.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
But he is white, we need to more diversity.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for RedWaltz24.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wow... I hope Seely comes here, that would be the best assistant/coordinator acquisition for us since Norv Turner! -This seriously shows you how much respect Harbaugh has, and how terrible Singletary was.

Harbaugh is getting the honest convenience of an interview from a top 5 Special Teams coach (with 3 SB rings), while Kurt Schottenheimer was the only guy Sing could get last year.

I swear, this team is on the verge of becoming respectable again.

It helps that Seely was working Special Teams for Carolina in the 90's at the exact same time Roman and Fangio were there. Not to mention he worked with Donatell in 83 at UoP. So, there are a lot of connections attracting connections here.
Originally posted by susweel:
But he is white, we need to more diversity.

I'm not sure how many people on staff wear glasses, but Seely wears glasses. That is some diversity. He accepts the four-eyed people.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone