LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

"The Jim Harbaugh Era Begins" Video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Ok, now that I've watched it twice and wiped the tear I shed for Walsh from my eye, I'll give you a proper response.

Love the opening quote. Great idea to start it that way.

Great song choice. Theme and flow were perfect.

Love the choice to use black and white for contrast. It made me feel the loss that we've had... our past.... The iconic moments that symbolize the legacy of Bill Walsh and the 49ers. It was also an excellent way to make the transition to the present/future. Great work.

The highlight choices were excellent. I think you chose the right modern players for our future. It also shows just how poorly their talents have been utilized. Watching the play design and execution and comparing it to Bill Walsh's offense... it just gives me so much hope for the future. Those players look like they are going to tear up defenses under Jim Harbaugh's offense.

That brings me to the final and most important point. Thank you for highlighting the return to the 49ers legacy. May we never stray from it again.

Thank you for making this video.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Awesome video Marvin!!!!

Love the song too, really matched what I was feeling when I was watching it, nice.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Ok, now that I've watched it twice and wiped the tear I shed for Walsh from my eye, I'll give you a proper response.

Love the choice to use black and white for contrast. It made me feel the loss that we've had... our past.... The iconic moments that symbolize the legacy of Bill Walsh and the 49ers. It was also an excellent way to make the transition to the present/future. Great work.

The highlight choices were excellent. I think you chose the right modern players for our future. It also shows just how poorly their talents have been utilized. Watching the play design and execution and comparing it to Bill Walsh's offense... it just gives me so much hope for the future. Those players look like they are going to tear up defenses under Jim Harbaugh's offense.

That brings me to the final and most important point. Thank you for highlighting the return to the 49ers legacy. May we never stray from it again.

That was pretty much the entire idea.

I kinda feel like the signing of Harbaugh is like a return to what we lost. Who knows if he'll be successful or not, but the hope is there not just of a return to greatness, but a return to the identity that was lost.

The 49ers are going home. ;-)

Thanks for the rest. ;-) As I stated before...In some way or another, I've been working on this one for about 3 months.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Awesome video, awesome song. A+

Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
preaching to the quire!!!

lets go niners!!!!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I kinda feel like the signing of Harbaugh is like a return to what we lost. Who knows if he'll be successful or not, but the hope is there not just of a return to greatness, but a return to the identity that was lost.

Thanks for the rest. ;-) As I stated before...In some way or another, I've been working on this one for about 3 months.

Oh...and by the way...there is just one thing that I couldn't pull off.

I wanted to have a video of Harbaugh shaking Walsh's hand at his STanford press conference, but I couldn't really find anything usable. I could find some stills, but for me thats kinda cheating. ;-)
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Well, you nailed it!

No joke... that was an emotional experience.

Yes, Harbaugh brings the hope of greatness. Jed York has also made it abundantly clear that we are going to return to our identity. That gives me more hope than anything. No matter what happens next year or the year after... we're going to be the 49ers again. We will continue to try until we get it right.

I really feel that we won't be trying for very long.

The amount of work you put into this shows. Best 49ers video I've seen.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Oh...and by the way...there is just one thing that I couldn't pull off.

I wanted to have a video of Harbaugh shaking Walsh's hand at his STanford press conference, but I couldn't really find anything usable. I could find some stills, but for me thats kinda cheating. ;-)

That would have been very cool. I agree about the still, too.

It didn't need it, though. Your point came through loud and clear.

• Dino
  • Veteran
I can feel it, comin back again,
like a rollin thunder chasing the wind.
Forces pullin' from the center of the Earth again.
I can feel it.

• mod
  • Veteran
Great f**kin song...
the black and white was beautiful...
well done.
Awesome!!
Well put together, nice.
awsome video......during the old school portion in the beggining was waiting for some george seifiert love but never caught a glimps of him...good song too
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
After watching that i have to say.... How did Vernon Davis not make it as a Pro Bowl Starter????????????????????
Share 49ersWebzone