There are 169 users in the forums

BIG week 13 & 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This next week is big too, but 13 and 14 is HUGE. The three main wild card contenders all have very loose-ble matchups... and we don't.

Playoffs aren't out of reach..NY, Philly, and Green Bay can easily lose another 2-3 games this year. We're only two games back.

My hope is still high..
My hopes are still high too, but we REALLY needed the win against the Packers. We have to knock off a quality team for once this year.
Ariz was quality at their home and if we had gore.....Minn too
Originally posted by kemp_j:
My hopes are still high too, but we REALLY needed the win against the Packers. We have to knock off a quality team for once this year.

This for sure.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Ariz was quality at their home and if we had gore.....Minn too

True. It was so long ago I forgot!
ya see!! NY lost (but green bay won)....thats one down..two more to go
The wild card is so unlikely it's barely worth considering.

Green Bay is 2.5 games up on us. No way we catch them.
Philly is 2 games up on us. We have to beat them in Philly for the wc to even be a possibility.
Well we need to win this game vs Jax before even considering the next few weeks. One of the reasons we're in this position is because we don't take advantage of home games, and we choke games away. Can't do it anymore.
It`s not over until the fat lady sings.
If we can go on a 3-win streak, I think we can tie the Cardinals in wins and own the division off of a tie-breaker.

But statistically a wildcard IS VERY POSSIBLE, even for us, cause you have to remember that teams with great division records have a higher WC pct, so if we go 6-0 (or even 5-1) in the division and finish with a 9-7 record we have a good shot at a 6th-seed position.

I'm holding onto this hope because I just don't see New York or Atlanta even getting close to a WC now (specially Atlanta because they've lost a lot of important division games thus far).

But for any of this to happen we have to build a win streak, beat Arizona and Philly, and we're in for a wildcard showdown at Dallas in January (which would be very fitting).

• krizay
  • Veteran
lol you guys still refuse to accept it huh?
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kemp_j:

Agreed!!!!
wouldn't it suck if we swept the division and still didn't get into the playoffs
Honestly.. we're sitting here needing a lot of help even IF we do well.

We have to both play well, and other teams have to do poorly.

In order for us to make the playoffs we have to either:

-Win the division, meaning we must..
-Beat Arizona.. AND
-Finish with at least the same record as Arizona.

OR

-Finish with a better record than NYG.. AND
-Finish with a better record than ATL.. AND
-Beat Philly in Philly and finish with at least the same record as them.

All at the same time.

Though possible, it's highly improbable.

Am I sitting here still hoping? You bet. I sure as heck don't want to see this team's season end after Week 17.
  • soao
  • Veteran
Part of the problem with having a bad record this late in the season is that we're a bad team and we deserve the record we have. How can we count on a winning streak when we are a bad team? We're out coached too much.
Share 49ersWebzone