There are 182 users in the forums

Roger Craig Snubbed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
you're letting your homerism blind you from reality. Faulk was always going to be a first ballet induction. Craig will make it eventually, just not over a guy like Faulk.
Roger Craig is the Chris Carter of RB's when it comes to the HOF.
I thought it was the hall of fame?? You mean to tell me the person who made the cellphone is better than Alexander gram bell?? I dont think don't. INNOVATORS ARE NOT BETTER THAN INVENTORS.
Just remember: Chuck Foreman was a guy before Craig's time; so maybe that's why he didn't get as strong a consideration. Charles Haley is someone where you can make a case for, or against being cast into the hall of fame. He may have had five superbowls, but I wouldn't say he had that much of an impact, as say Reggie White.
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Just remember: Chuck Foreman was a guy before Craig's time; so maybe that's why he didn't get as strong a consideration. Charles Haley is someone where you can make a case for, or against being cast into the hall of fame. He may have had five superbowls, but I wouldn't say he had that much of an impact, as say Reggie White.

But regg white is the ALL TIME sack leader, not Haley.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

How many Superbowl victories does Reggie have?
I guess they don't want too many 49ers in the Hall of Fame.
Originally posted by backontop:
you're letting your homerism blind you from reality. Faulk was always going to be a first ballet induction. Craig will make it eventually, just not over a guy like Faulk.

Faulk wouldn't have done s**t in the 80's or early 90's.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We're biased. He was good. But not as good as Frank Gore. He had the luxury of playing with many, many HOF guys. Can't say by himself he was HOF worthy.
Originally posted by okdkid:
We're biased. He was good. But not as good as Frank Gore. He had the luxury of playing with many, many HOF guys. Can't say by himself he was HOF worthy.

Craig won two, I repeat TWO superbowls before rice and all them showed up.

Originally posted by BleedRednGold:

I may be wrong on that but he won a SB before we got the "STUDS" on O.
Originally posted by backontop:

Faulk wouldn't have done s**t in the 80's or early 90's.

there is no way to say that for sure. For all we know you put Faulk on the 49ers during the same years Craig was and he could have played better. Either way Faulk had a better overall career than Craig.
  • mod
  • Veteran

How about our offensive lineman... only once in Franks career has he been able to run behind a Good line. Roger Craig was a great back but I think both Faulk and Frank are better. Faulk definitely is a first ballot HOFer
  • mod
  • Veteran
Roger Craig - 11 years

8,189 yards rushing
4.1 ypc
56 rushing TDs

4,911 receiving yards
566 receptions
17 receiving TD's

Marshall Faulk - 12 years

12,279 yards rushing
4.3 ypc
100 Rushing TDs

6,875 receiving yards
767 receptions
36 Receiving TDs

Faulk and not even close
Does anyone else think it's because the fumble?

Sad but it's still the 1st thing that comes to mind when I think of Craig...
Share 49ersWebzone