LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPain2010:
Originally posted by HarbaughEra49:
Rather then trading Denver for Orton why not try to give a 4th or 5th round pick for Quinn. Maybe Harbaugh could turn his career around and have him run the West Coast Offence? I think Orton is good, but Quinn might have more potential?

This! I have a feeling we will end up with Quinn. The last time a young Stanford coach brought in a Notre Dame QB... I'd say it turned out ok.

Quinn is hot garbage
Carson Palmer, new setting and Harbaugh's influence could be what he needs to get back into form.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Luck's announcement to stay at Stanford was timed to get Harbaugh to stay. Now that Harbaugh is gone and Stanford is scrambling, Luck could reconsider his decision and make himself available for the draft. The Niners should do a deal with Carolina this week, before January 15th, get the Carolina pick, and I bet Luck changes his mind. Part of the reason he stayed was because he didn't want to play for Carolina. He might feel differently if he knew he could still play for Harbaugh at the next level. In the meantime, grab an aging McNabb for two years of service to bridge the gap. And for as much as I've rooted for Alex Smith and wish him well, I agree with one of the previous posters that his skills aren't suited for WCO. The worst part of Smith's game, accuracy on the short pass, is the staple of the WCO.

And WHY would Carolina give up their 1st round pick? Because the Niner fans want them to?

[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Jan 8, 2011 at 11:26:39 ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by B650:
Maybe Flynn from Green Bay.

This would be my #1 - sat and learned by behind an elite QB and has excellent coaching.

Flynn would be very good but there is ZERO chance GB would give him up. With Rodgers recurrent concussion history they just cannot afford to part with this talented young prospect.
What qualifies as veteran?? Other than a rookie????
I like the idea of a young QB, like Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon.
Originally posted by jones49:
Kolb or Orton
VY would be my 3rd choice

I think the Niners could get creative to draft Kolb. Maybe swapping pics in rounds 1,2,4,5,6,7 with the Eagles and giving up the the niners third rounder.

Trade the 1st for a few second rounder or a second and a third, you get out of the draft Kevin Kolb, and
1,2,4,5,6,7th rounder
2,2,2,4,,5,6,7th
2,3,3,4,5,6,7th.

Either way you get your qb, a developmental qb in later rounds and the rest of the draft BPA.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by B650:
Maybe Flynn from Green Bay.

This would be my #1 - sat and learned by behind an elite QB and has excellent coaching.

Flynn would be very good but there is ZERO chance GB would give him up. With Rodgers recurrent concussion history they just cannot afford to part with this talented young prospect.

Yeah Rodgers is too fragile for them to give up a good backup.
Originally posted by HarbaughEra49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would probably take Alex over any of those guys. He can coach Alex up.

Do you really think Alex still wants to be with this team? And I think the organization doesn't want him either, it's time for a fresh start.

The way a lot of 49er fans have treated him lol I would want a fresh start else where too lol

• ZRF80
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.

I wanna make a thread about that, but no math-magician can count how many bashers are gonna be in there...

I understand their reasoning, but all we need is for everyone to have an open mind especially since money might conflict with who we get. (QB)

Idk, if we get someone better than Alex, I'm all for it, but the chances of that, well aren't really known and so for now I say keep him as a backup. I just think he will serve as a better alternate than anyone else we may have.

I also would have liked to see how Nate Davis performed, but I guess he will have to wait his turn.

Overall, Harbaugh is an intelligent guy, he's no Bill Walsh, (as of now) but we can definitely count on him to really help rebuild this organization just like he did for other teams.

Finally, in good spirits and worry-free confidence, I can indeed say...

Go Niners!

I am always up for an upgrade at any position, but the pickings are slim...very slim.

"Coach up" a 7th year veteran, huh ? And which "expert" (besides yourself of course) told you that Alex can excel in an offense in the his first year running it ? Or was his college coach also lost, just like every other NFL analyst that you feel doesnt understand the game as well as you do.......

Listen man, you are pushing for a guy that had a worse year than Smith, on a better coached team, and is on top of that getting way up in years. I am no expert, and never claimed to be, but I know horses**t when I smell it and you buddy absolutely reek of it.

So how would you explain Warner's rise to stardom after getting axed in STL and NY ? Dumb luck ?

Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Bolden (sp?)

So you dont think McNabb could revive his career with Gore and VD in his arsenal, with possibly having Westbrook and Crabtree as well ?

So you dont think McNabb could revive his career with Gore and VD in his arsenal, with possibly having Westbrook and Crabtree as well ?

Not with his work ethic. Or I should say the work ethic he doesn't have.

[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:05:56 ]
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.

I wanna make a thread about that, but no math-magician can count how many bashers are gonna be in there...

I understand their reasoning, but all we need is for everyone to have an open mind especially since money might conflict with who we get. (QB)

Idk, if we get someone better than Alex, I'm all for it, but the chances of that, well aren't really known and so for now I say keep him as a backup. I just think he will serve as a better alternate than anyone else we may have.

I also would have liked to see how Nate Davis performed, but I guess he will have to wait his turn.

Overall, Harbaugh is an intelligent guy, he's no Bill Walsh, (as of now) but we can definitely count on him to really help rebuild this organization just like he did for other teams.

Go Niners!

I am always up for an upgrade at any position, but the pickings are slim...very slim.

"Coach up" a 7th year veteran, huh ? And which "expert" (besides yourself of course) told you that Alex can excel in an offense in the his first year running it ? Or was his college coach also lost, just like every other NFL analyst that you feel doesnt understand the game as well as you do.......

Listen man, you are pushing for a guy that had a worse year than Smith, on a better coached team, and is on top of that getting way up in years. I am no expert, and never claimed to be, but I know horses**t when I smell it and you buddy absolutely reek of it.

So how would you explain Warner's rise to stardom after getting axed in STL and NY ? Dumb luck ?

That sounds like a great idea and McNabb would come cheap. U know no one will trade for that contract lol. He has a good year or two left in the tank imo.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:

Nice Work!
  • dj43

Go Niners!

I have two problems with McNabb.

1. He has never been very accurate.

2. A great deal of his success was being able to move out of the pocket and extend the play. However, he really began to lose a step his last year in Philly and this past season he looked like he was running in cold molasses. He has REALLY slowed down. He doesn't move nearly as well as he once did. So unless the OL improves a ton, an immobile pocket passer is not going to be a very good answer.
Share 49ersWebzone