LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

All this talk about HC...who will be our QB??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
WCO needs a QB with great footwork (for timing purposes), great accuracy, and the ability to throw to a specific spot in rhythm with the receiver. Sorry, Alex fans; but, this isn't his type of game.

Kolb might work; but, how expensive are we talking here? Anybody know what Garcia's up to these days?

Plays for the Omaha Nighthawks

LOL... I'd still rather have him in here teaching a rookie the WCO than Carr.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by corriv:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Josh Johnson

Could smith be developed?

I really think Smith could be developed. Harbaugh is what he always needed from the beginning. Do you really want to line up with some rookie and go 2 - 14. Obviously Alex is better than any rookie at this point.

Obvious to who? All the buffoons out there?

Smith is like DeBerg was to the Niners (if you were even around those days) . . . except worse . . . much, MUCH worse. Like Walsh said about DeBerg: He does just enough to lose you the game. Smith is a loser; he'd be a cancer on this team.

I'd be hugely surprised if they sign him. Certainly, I'd be off the Baalke bandwagon if they did. The team needs to bury the rotten eggs of the past and let in some fresh air.

You guys who keep advocating him, just don't get it. It's pathetic. Just let it go.

If he is the best out there then we should consider it. What is pathetic is guys that have no clue trying to act like they are experts. The main problem with this team was coaching that didn't understand how to use talent, whereas that is supposedly one of Harbaughs strengths. If he wants Smith, and if Smith would still want to play here, I wouldn't have a problem with it. He is a better option than McNabb, Young and Orton.

You don't need to be an expert to see that Alex Smith is a below average NFL QB. Kyle Orton, who was drafted in the 4th round of the Alex Smith draft, has thrown 71 TD's and 48 Int's while Smith has thrown 51 TD's and 53 Int's. McNabb is one year removed from a 3,500 yard 22 TD season, which Smith has never done. Vince Young has a 30-17 career record as a starter. I don't know Smith's record, but I know it isn't a winning one.

If your fine with settling for mediocrity and wasting another year in the careers of Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and Patrick Willis, then by all means bring back Alex Smith.

You do not need to be an expert to see that the coaching on this team for the past 8 years had no f**king clue how to develop a QB. You put too much on one player and do not take into account the teams they were playing for, the coaches they had, etc...

McNabb is washed up, I have always liked him, but we are a few years too late on that one.

The coaches have been idiots. We can get a QB developer now. That's different. If it buys us 1 year it may be worthwhile. A rookie won't do well. McNabb is mostly wadhed up. Honestly Alex is not out of the question for 1 year.

mcnabb would be much better than alexis for 1 year.
Originally posted by rob28:
Josh Johnson

I really think Smith could be developed. Harbaugh is what he always needed from the beginning. Do you really want to line up with some rookie and go 2 - 14. Obviously Alex is better than any rookie at this point.

Smith is like DeBerg was to the Niners (if you were even around those days) . . . except worse . . . much, MUCH worse. Like Walsh said about DeBerg: He does just enough to lose you the game. Smith is a loser; he'd be a cancer on this team.

I'd be hugely surprised if they sign him. Certainly, I'd be off the Baalke bandwagon if they did. The team needs to bury the rotten eggs of the past and let in some fresh air.

You guys who keep advocating him, just don't get it. It's pathetic. Just let it go.

If he is the best out there then we should consider it. What is pathetic is guys that have no clue trying to act like they are experts. The main problem with this team was coaching that didn't understand how to use talent, whereas that is supposedly one of Harbaughs strengths. If he wants Smith, and if Smith would still want to play here, I wouldn't have a problem with it. He is a better option than McNabb, Young and Orton.

You don't need to be an expert to see that Alex Smith is a below average NFL QB. Kyle Orton, who was drafted in the 4th round of the Alex Smith draft, has thrown 71 TD's and 48 Int's while Smith has thrown 51 TD's and 53 Int's. McNabb is one year removed from a 3,500 yard 22 TD season, which Smith has never done. Vince Young has a 30-17 career record as a starter. I don't know Smith's record, but I know it isn't a winning one.

If your fine with settling for mediocrity and wasting another year in the careers of Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and Patrick Willis, then by all means bring back Alex Smith.

You do not need to be an expert to see that the coaching on this team for the past 8 years had no f**king clue how to develop a QB. You put too much on one player and do not take into account the teams they were playing for, the coaches they had, etc...

McNabb is washed up, I have always liked him, but we are a few years too late on that one.

The coaches have been idiots. We can get a QB developer now. That's different. If it buys us 1 year it may be worthwhile. A rookie won't do well. McNabb is mostly wadhed up. Honestly Alex is not out of the question for 1 year.

Check the 2010 stats on that...
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I bet Harbaugh has somebody in mind already for sure
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cuhran:
My First Choice Would Be To Try Getting Kolb By Trading A Draft Pick.

2nd Option Would Be To Sign A FA...Example: Orton Or Mcnabb, Draft Cam Newton If He's Available At 7th And Let Him Grow Under Mcnabb...I Would Not Take Any Other QB With Our 7th Pick. I Think All Other Qb's In The Draft Are 2nd Rounders, Mallet Is Good But Did Not Like How He Moved In The Pocket. If We Cant Get Newton @ 7 I Say We Go For a CB Or DE And Draft A QB Like Kellen Moore Or Blaine Gabbert In The 2nd Round...........

Let Me Hear Your Opinions

agree
anyone have list of qb's that will be FA ?
keep Alex Smith, if coach can develop QB's Alex has all the tools.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
Josh Johnson

Don't forget that the Titans went 13-3 with Kerry Collins at QB after Young went down with an injury in 2008. The following years, Young came back and the Titans went 8-8. You gave too much credits of winning to V. Young.

McNabb was fish-out-of-water playing with the Redskins. Despite predictions of doom after the McNabb trade pre-season, the Eagles have been dominant in 2010. McNabb might have been good, but he did not single-handedly won for the Eagles as we clearly saw this season.

Not to mention AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia going a combined 10-3 with Philly after McNabb went down with injuries. McNabb is like Iverson - a horribly overrated player who everyone gave credit for his team's success, but then when the team got rid of him they were better off, and just like Iverson, once he left McNabb was finally exposed. But there were always signs, like his shameful performance at the end of Super Bowl XXXIX. Now Shanahan says he's so poorly conditioned he can't run the 2 minute drill, and benches him for Rex Grossman, who plays better.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Whomever Jim wants!

• dj43
Originally posted by GoNiners:
I'm all for bringing in Carson Palmer

Possible but with Marvin Lewis being retained, it does not seem likely that they would let him go.

Originally posted by niners:

Seriously?

Alex has no tools. He doesn't want to come back and we don't want him back!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
I bet Harbaugh has somebody in mind already for sure

Originally posted by rob28:
Josh Johnson

He wasn't as good as him this year...
Share 49ersWebzone