Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I like how they changed his thread title to "rant". Classic move mods, I get your inside joke about sandiego.

Wasn't the original title. But the powers that be changed it and made it that. That wasn't the original point of the thread. But whatever. We go with it from here. We can still discuss the ownership and front office. And I understand things get cluttered in NT so sometimes you need "official threads" and to consolidate things etc. So I can't say I really question it or them in any way. Just wasn't the original title.

what was the original title?

"Harbaugh warned and McDaniels leary of our Front Office."

It was about the REJECTION of our Front Office structure by potential candidates. But they decided to turn it into a "general rant thread." Which is fine. I don't care. But it wasn't the original title...

Which clearly wasnt the truth, which warranted a title change.

Sure it was true. It's exactly what the thread was about. People turning away from us. But they merged it into a general thread and changed the title. Which they can do if they want. It's still a thread where we can discuss our front office structure and how we compete for candidates and whether or not we appeal to them. So it's fine.

Really, so an article from LaCanfora and Lombardi spewing bulls**t on NFLN, both of whom obviously have an agenda, means everyone is worried about our front office?

Surprise that you only pick articles that fit your ridiculous train of thought and agenda against the Yorks. Congrats on being the biggest joke on this forum.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

~ Jed is a 29 year old inexperienced kid.
~ He has financial restraints from John and Denise despite his bravado "Money is no object..."
~ Paraage is a recent MBA grad with no experience.
~ Baalke was a scout not long ago and has no GM experience. He is from the Scot M. school of FAIL.

This is a terrible front office.

i am literally lmao right now cause so what if Baalke has no experience. Well how to get it, you need to get a GM position to have it, duh.

And i highly doubt we only offered 4.5M we wouldnt low ball unless we dont really want harbaugh.

Now, I am so sick and tired of this YORK IS CHEAP crap, They arent, i can prove it over and over, but no one ever listens to me.

The Yorks, well I hate to inform you that on top of no playoffs or seasons above .500 the past 8 years they are CHEAP! please do not try and show me figures they have paid out to players because the only ones I see are the dumb ones. A brief history lesson of the Yorks spending habits....when they first took over the team any true fan knows they were CHEAP, if you don't agree with that please wake up you are in a coma in la la land, then because they were feeling the heat from the fans about being CHEAP they foolishly spent money...Clements,Michael Lewis,Brandon Jackson,Demetric Evans, Alex Smith(rookie contract),ect ect not to mention the out of pocket on all the coaches they have hired....signed to multi year deals....then fired! then they did spend money on Willis, Davis and hopefully Gore soon but I believe that is just a move to try and get a new stadium, Are people blind? this family can not run a football team. They have handed off three times, Deniese to John to Jed...it is the same crap different season, do people really believe Jed is the answer? NO! because at the end of the day its still the same people signing the checks, he is a joke for saying money is no object....I bet if there was a fly on the wall where the Yorks interviewd Harbaugh it prob went like this....Jed: Dad he did not go for the cheapskate money can you and mom pleassssse give me a couple more million pleassssse? I saved us money hiring Baalke...I wont ask for anything for my birthday or christmas next year, pleasssssse?
Dear SanDiego,

Anything else I can get you with this?

Suck a fat one buddy!
LOL at you butthurt fans. You b***h and complain because Harbaugh doesn't sign the minute he meets with Jed and Baalke and start acting like you know whats happening when in reality you have no idea.

I guess some of you will continue to be butthurt over everything and will continue to find reasons to complain.
Dear SanDiego,

Suck a fat one buddy!

This was the funniest post of the year!!! awesome!!!!!
Dear SanDiego,

Suck a fat one buddy!

SDNiner's thread= EPIC FAIL.

dry your tears, SD. this is why you wait until things are official before you throw a tantrum.

I don't why you guys are acting like we did something great when he just chose to stay in the Bay Area. He could have had more money elsewhere. It's obvious he chose us to stay in the Bay and not move his family. Hardly any geius by Jed or Baalke. Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way. We got very LUCKY.

I don't why you guys are acting like we did something great when he just chose to stay in the Bay Area. He could have had more money elsewhere. It's obvious he chose us to stay in the Bay and not move his family. Hardly any geius by Jed or Baalke. Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way. We got very LUCKY.

You should probably stop talking, it's clearly not working out for you very well.

Of course Harbaugh chose us, isn't that the point? Logic = fail.

Harbaugh wouldnt have chose us if he didnt feel like he could be successful here. nobody wants to coach in the NFL unless they have a shot to succeed. otherwise he'll just look stupid and get fired. this wasnt a charity case, he looked at this job as a prize, and was thrilled we offered him the chance. ultimately he chose our offer over others, but dont think for a minute this is charity. this is the chance of a lifetime for him. maybe the only chance of his life to coach his hometown team, the same team he grew up watching, and his mentor built.

give some credit to the front office. they said they were going to go out and commit to winning and hiring the best they could, and they did that. they pulled it off. and they didnt flinch when other teams tried to take him. they didnt overpay, they didnt panic, they played their cards right and got the guy they wanted, and the team needed.

you dont have to like our front office and ownership, but at least admit they did a good job this time. Harbaugh wasnt just going to sign here because he liked the location. they had to convince him this was a place he wanted to be. and was the right place to start his NFL career. the 49ers have been painted as a dysfunctional franchise by most the league, but they presented a desirable job opportunity.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 8, 2011 at 03:57:45 ]

Eat your crow fool! I know I am!

I told everyone, "OH NOEZZ he gonna take his talent to South Beach"

Then I told everyone, "no way he passes up on Stanford now... we lose again".

Now I'm enjoying the all you can eat crow buffet! Tastes like chicken.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Same here. I didn't think he'd choose us but the fact that he did is very promising. This is a great time to be a 49er fan. Hopefully it's the beginning of good timeS for us 49er fans.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Same here. I didn't think he'd choose us but the fact that he did is very promising. This is a great time to be a 49er fan. Hopefully it's the beginning of good timeS for us 49er fans.

Most excited I've been as a 49er fan in a LONG, LONG, LONG, time...
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Most excited I've been as a 49er fan in a LONG, LONG, LONG, time...

Same here
  • evil
  • Veteran
Lots of duplicate threads....
Share 49ersWebzone