LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
Well Baalke was not my #1 choice as a fan but hey... So I wish him the best and will support him till he gives me a reason not to. I did like his draft other than moving up for Davis.

Hope he cleans house still fire almost everyone!

I think our 2010 draft was

Really? How? we got a dominate LG in round 1 with an up and coming RT to solidify our line. The right coach will be able to put 3 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders to good use.

We also drafted our future SS in Taylor Mays who should be starting next year and our future OLB in a 4-3 or inside MLB in a 3-4 in Bowman.

I think we had a very successful draft. Philip Adams looked pretty decent in his minimal playing time as well.
I wonder whats his take on Alex Smith and the qb sititution

That ship has sailed.

I'm assuming the only QB's we will have on this team from last year is Nate Davis and maybe Troy Smith. Need to hit FA hard in that area.
Originally posted by valrod33:

New coaches usually like to bring in their own QB add on top of that the Alex is a free agent and he said that he wont be coming back to the niners. Alex aint coming back bro

Link?

go to NFL talk there is a thread in there about it
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Baalke with Harbaugh - GREAT offseason
Baalke without Harbaugh - FAILED offseason

Even if we get an proven NFL Coach? Isn't that what we all wanted in the first damn place?

Yesterdays post from NinerGM:

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by area49:
So just for the record everyone, Kawakami, Lombardi and LaCanfora have all been WRONG. A GM HAS NOT been hired within the 48 hours everyone stated it would happen.

It's also possible that they where right, but York made them wrong because he didn't want to look like a goof (especially if Baalke really is the choice).

This is probably the case. York wants Baalke and is just waiting because he thinks he can fool us into thinking there was an actual search.

This makes no sense at all. If you're scared of the media you're in the wrong business. To assume Jed is making decisions based on what the media thinks is total BS. It's amazing you guys.

The report was wrong and now you're excusing those who obviously didn't know what they were talking about. Now you're pulling s**t out of your asses to cover.

Really?

On second thought, you are absolutly correct. Public perception through various media outlets probably has zero impact on Yorks decision making process. Who cares if the local and national media has tried to make the Niner FO and ownership look like a circus that will never succeed. I mean, it's not like we are trying to get funding and support for a new stadium. Oh wait....

Funding and support from whom? LOL - hiring a GM will give them respect? I think WINS gives this team respect. If the 49ers were 10 - 6 this year there would be any talk about who the GM might be. You don't get respect by have a great reputed draft or an A grade from Mel Kiper. No one cares on day 1 of the season.

Jed is damn either way because if he listens to fans who only have one narrow perspective and follows their advice? They still blame him for having a bad organization. This is why Eddie told him to follow his gut. Ultimately the York/Debartolo family is going to have to borrow the difference. This will not be a publicly funded stadium - not in Santa Clara and certainly not in San Francisco.

Jed is going to follow his guy - which he should because it's his money.

What this issue is about is the people who predicted an action are wrong. That's a fact. Your supposition/extrapolation/assumption is not. Just sayin.

Just saying.....whatever, talking to you is a waiste of my time.

P.S. I said it was "possible", which it is. That's a fact.

Here's what you said:
Quote:

This is probably the case. York wants Baalke and is just waiting because he thinks he can fool us into thinking there was an actual search.

Here's what's actually going on:

First things first. Team president Jed York has to hire a GM, and though Baalke remains the clear frontrunner (per team and league sources), York hasn't ruled out the chance of being blown away by an outside candidate.

York had phone interviews Monday with several league-employed candidates,
according to a league source, and intends to interview at least one more candidate before finalizing his decision. An announcement is very possible as soon as Wednesday, if not Tuesday night.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80245#ixzz1A2wUb4pz

Way to miss quote me. That was "area49" post, not mine.

Here is what I said:

It's also possible that they where right, but York made them wrong because he didn't want to look like a goof (especially if Baalke really is the choice).

You're the one doing on the speculating. I never was trying to make a dogmatic statement, but you took it and ran with it.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/members/post-edit.php?id=4310099

You'er right, clearly there is no way my original statement could of been true. I will never argue with you again O Great One.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

That ship has sailed.

I'm assuming the only QB's we will have on this team from last year is Nate Davis and maybe Troy Smith. Need to hit FA hard in that area.

Smith is the best free agent, some of the jacklegged haters on this board will be wishing we still had Alex unless we draft a rookie that can play right away.
I hope Baalke doesn't get Harbaugh... all we need is another ex-Bear and teammate of Singletary as a coach... and a first round flop at that. Alex Smith as coach... geesh.

lol j/k

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 4, 2011 at 18:57:01 ]
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by candlestick:
So let's see what we have learned today.

No Luck
No proven GM

Same horse sh*t from the Yorks

No Luck??? The guy hasn't even declared for the draft yet?

And the draft is MONTHS away? How do you know we won't trade up???

We couldn't get Luck if we wanted to. The Panthers' sources have said they will NOT trade away their pick if Luck declares.

Very few people are untradeable (think Manning, Brady, Brees). Luck could be had - but Carolina will probably want the moon...and then some, so it makes it extremely unlikely.

No Luck
No proven GM

We couldn't get Luck if we wanted to. The Panthers' sources have said they will NOT trade away their pick if Luck declares.

Very few people are untradeable (think Manning, Brady, Brees). Luck could be had - but Carolina will probably want the moon...and then some, so it makes it extremely unlikely.

Tell Luck to force himself to the 49ers.

Championship.

-9fA
Harbaugh and Baalke have the same agent. Parage better be on the phone right now!

The thing I like about Baalke is that he is not afraid to pull the trigger on a trade. Perhaps, by the time the combine and senior bowl happen, Luck will not be the consensus first pick. If for some reason he is not drafted by the Panthers, I think Baalke would have the balls to pull off a trade for him.

Now, since the above scenario is a pipe-dream, we at least know that if we land Harbaugh, he can mentor a young QB. Baalke would not be afraid to make a move for a QB that Harbaugh thinks he can work with.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

No Luck
No proven GM

Championship.

-9fA

People compare him to Elway... maybe he could pull an Elway.

No Luck
No proven GM

Championship.

-9fA

Time to pull an Eli Manning!

No Luck
No proven GM

Championship.

-9fA

I got a plan. Tell him if he tanks the combine we'll still pay him number one money.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for olapac.

No Luck
No proven GM

Championship.

-9fA

Don't get me wrong - I would LOVE to have the guy suit up as a 9er. Just trying to talk myself into the belief it unlikely to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone