LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

One QB and Coach away

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its frustrating. The 49ers are just as talented as those teams that made the playoffs. 49ers have enough talent on offense, defense and special teams to be one of the elite teams. Just need a veteran QB like McNabb or Kolb and a offensive minded coach to make it all come together.
yup, pretty much
If 49ers had a decent QB and Coach, they could have beaten Falcons, Saints, Panthers, swept Seahawks and Rams. They had those games but the QB and coach let it slipped away. aarrgggg!!!
I don't know about elite.
Put Brees, Manning, Brady, McNabb or Rivers here now and the 49ers will win at least 2 super bowls. I really believe the talent is here now, except QB and coach.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

________

If "elite" is 14-2, then no. But 10-12 wins would've been possible. Assuming we get a veteran QB, a first round QB and better coaching...we have many of the pieces in place to win games in the playoffs.
Originally posted by okdkid:

________

If "elite" is 14-2, then no. But 10-12 wins would've been possible. Assuming we get a veteran QB, a first round QB and better coaching...we have many of the pieces in place to win games in the playoffs.

If we had a good coaching staff and QB we beat both NO and ATL and PHI. Thats 9-7 and we're in the playoffs.
And if our secondary could cover a double-move. And if our offensive line was more consistent.. And if we could get a consistent pass-rush...

Kawakami wrote a great article about this today : Here's his page.

We need more than just a QB and a coach. Winning the NFC West would not make us a good team imo, it would make us the best team in the worst division.

Don't be fooled by the fact that we have 6 wins. They all came against teams with losing records and 4 of them came against teams in the NFC West (the other two being the Broncos and the Raiders).
Originally posted by niner4life21:

________

If we had a good coaching staff and QB we beat both NO and ATL and PHI and CAR. Thats 10-6 and we're in the playoffs.

________

If we had a good coaching staff and QB we beat both NO and ATL and PHI. Thats 9-7 and we're in the playoffs.

________

None of those games were guaranteed wins with a different coach. The coach didn't fumble the ball away or throw an interception at the end of those games.

________

________

None of those games were guaranteed wins with a different coach. The coach didn't fumble the ball away or throw an interception at the end of those games.

Well I did say QB..
Originally posted by foreign49er:
And if our secondary could cover a double-move. And if our offensive line was more consistent.. And if we could get a consistent pass-rush...

Kawakami wrote a great article about this today : Here's his page.

We need more than just a QB and a coach. Winning the NFC West would not make us a good team imo, it would make us the best team in the worst division.

Don't be fooled by the fact that we have 6 wins. They all came against teams with losing records and 4 of them came against teams in the NFC West (the other two being the Broncos and the Raiders).

Its all about the QB and coach. Our DBs were just pressing too much to make plays. If we had decent QB, 49ers beat Atl, NO and Phily. Their DBs are not that great.
Funny, but since we got rid of Mooch and Garcia this has been the same song for 8 years.
Originally posted by socal81:
Funny, but since we got rid of Mooch and Garcia this has been the same song for 8 years.

I never did like those moves. Its Donohue, aaarrrggg!!
1 qb and coach ON IT'S WAY!! really anxious to see who they end up being. but yeah watching today's games and looking at the playoff standings... for some reason I felt like the niners can beat them all. IF they had the one coach and qb in place like the thread mentions. a lot has been exposed this season hope this offseason fixes all spots.
Share 49ersWebzone