LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Jed is an empty suit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by GoldRushGirl:
He is smarter then what most of the people on here think.
He also graduated from the University of Notre Dame earning a Bachelor of Arts in Finance and History

Alex Smith is smarter than Philip Rivers and still had his ass handed to him. What is your point?

And who cares if he graduated from Notre Dame, all you have to do is get in and pay your bills and you will graduate.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that makes some sense now.. The York's are all Notre Dame guys.....
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Jed York
I won't complain about the hire of Baalke, just the way it was orchestrated.

Jed had me going. Now let's see how he surprises us with his head coaching hire.
Try to imagine Jed York interviewing and sitting across a desk from someone with 20/30 years NFL experience who might be the next GM or HC. Really? Good luck Jed but it looks like you went for the in-house promotion (Baalke) and the fan favorite HC (Harbaugh) and I really hope it works out because I'm tired of Yorks and losing.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by Digger:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree with you 100%, I dont like to be lied to as a fan. To sit up their on a press conference and tell us "we looking for a best GM" when all along he was gonna promote Baalke to begin with. It angers me that we are being lied to.

You didn't really believe that pathetic press conference did you?... I've never seen a more pathetic, scared, overmatched kid. He can't even speak well from the podium. He fumbles with his water bottle and gets mad at reporters who ask tough questions. That's the same guy people have faith in to make the right decision on a GM...

Regarding his speaking...For some reason I always had this image in my head of both he and John York being well-spoken an intelligent. This image was shredded in London when I watched John Sr. speak at the Trafalgar Square fan rally. It was staggering how poorly he came off, like a senile old man. His pants were even belted up to his armpits, and he spoke to a crowd of mostly drunk adults like they were 3 year olds.

The Brits around me absolutely had a field day at his expense, and it definitely did no help to image of dumb Americans abroad.

Ladies and gentlemen...

John York!

Thats awesome.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:

John York!

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 30, 2010 at 00:04:25 ]
"Jed is an empty slut"
oops, wrong thread

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 30, 2010 at 00:08:18 ]
Look Baalke has had a 9 month interview process.....If he is promoted it is because York has liked what he has seen from him and if he is going to hire a different candidate it is because he was "blown away" by them during an interview. I am sure he discussed Baalke with outsiders also ie...Krafts and Parcells ( whi hired him in 1998) to gauge their opinion of him. Shortly after doing so there was talk of him being a hot name by other clubs...
I hate being lied to...
and for that i am mad at Jed but the process isnt over yet and even though it looks/sounds like its in a lock for Baalke maybe a better GM that he (might) interview will win him over. maybe.. i can believe that right?....

God i hope that Baalke somehow lands a competent coach, i doubt if he gets hired that we'll get Harbaugh, so i doubt it'll happen.

However until every thing that CAN go wrong DOES go wrong i'll continue to believe we can get better this offseason.

• Silky
  • Veteran
He should hire Singletary as GM.
~ Jed an empty suit - YUP.
~ Yorks blowing smoke up our a** - YUP. agreed
~ GM search a farce - YUP (already decided - just media ploy). very much looks that way...
~ Same old Yorks - YUP. f**k .. cant argue that
~ Another Jed YES MAN as GM - YUP. if/when hes hired i hope he proves us all wrong in that regard at the very least.
~ Expect to lose for years to come - YUP.
NEVER!! I'LL NEVER DO THAT!! [b]i'll always root for the niners to succeed. during the offseason, pre-season, and regular season hoping they win every week and never expect going into a game that they'll lose. its just the way i am as a fan. i cant allow myself expect mediocrety out of this frachise i love so much.

also,
not attacking you personally on this but usually i disagree with the arguments you make. and i didnt believe you when you posted after the interview that you werent buying anything York was saying and claimed he was full of it. (well you said something along those lines) sadly it looks like you were right, although i still have hope for this offseason.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
He should hire Singletary as GM.

Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
~ GM search a farce - YUP (already decided - just media ploy). very much looks that way...
~ Another Jed YES MAN as GM - YUP. if/when hes hired i hope he proves us all wrong in that regard at the very least.
NEVER!! I'LL NEVER DO THAT!! [b]i'll always root for the niners to succeed. during the offseason, pre-season, and regular season hoping they win every week and never expect going into a game that they'll lose. its just the way i am as a fan. i cant allow myself expect mediocrety out of this frachise i love so much.

also,
not attacking you personally on this but usually i disagree with the arguments you make. and i didnt believe you when you posted after the interview that you werent buying anything York was saying and claimed he was full of it. (well you said something along those lines) sadly it looks like you were right, although i still have hope for this offseason.

Originally posted by WillisToHOF:

also,

You know how the saying goes. Throw enough crap at the wall and eventually something will stick.
Share 49ersWebzone