LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Stop Bashing Jed York!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Some of you people who call yourselves "fans" make me sick!

• Jiks
I'll save my judgements until after he hires a GM and HC. He was still young, a rookie if you will, when he hired Sing. Hopefully he has learned more about how to be an owner, and hopefully he's serious in getting this team on the right track. Only time will tell.
When he said he was going to consult w/ Eddie D was a welcomed surprise nad that he'd get a GM first. At this point, I'm open to give a little faith here.
When did being a fan of the team mean that you had to be a fan of the owner?

I have nothing against Jed personally, but he is 29 years old. What 29-year old should be running any huge business? How is any 29-year old going to have the wisdom to pick a GM out of the motley collection of candidates? His biggest mistake so far IMHO is not recognizing right from day 1 that he was in way way over his head. He shoulda hired an experienced GM right at the start.

I sincerely hope he does well, but I don't expect it.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

I have nothing against Jed personally, but he is 29 years old. What 29-year old should be running any huge business? How is any 29-year old going to have the wisdom to pick a GM out of the motley collection of candidates? His biggest mistake so far IMHO is not recognizing right from day 1 that he was in way way over his head. He shoulda hired an experienced GM right at the start.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Sandiego, if I remember correctly you predicted the 9ers would go 1-15 this year. You tend to be a bit of a pessimist, but you are right on this time. Amazing that Yorks can still get buy in from some of us.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
When he said he was going to consult w/ Eddie D was a welcomed surprise nad that he'd get a GM first. At this point, I'm open to give a little faith here.

I'm in this boat right now.

So you picked us to be 1-15 wow what a POS you are. You do understand that this is a FAN FORUM.
From what kind of person you are you are going to be upset if Jed does good.
Originally posted by NinerD:

So you picked us to be 1-15 wow what a POS you are. You do understand that this is a FAN FORUM.
From what kind of person you are you are going to be upset if Jed does good.

Yes, I think you are correct. SanDiego always has something terrible to say about the San Francisco 49ers! I think he took a wrong turn somewhere and forgot that he is really a Chargers fan.

[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Dec 28, 2010 at 16:14:10 ]
I'll stop bashing once he puts together a competent front office that will put a winning team on the field. Until then he hasn't done anything worthy of praise. Firing Singletary was a no-brainer. He has now just found out what we haters have been saying all along. The front office is a joke and real football people are needed to make the decisions.

[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Dec 28, 2010 at 16:35:10 ]

• Hopper
  • Veteran
I'll bash him if he promotes Baalke.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hopper:

Same here

If promotes then f**k this fool.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Same here

Imagine the shellacking he would get if he hires Baalke.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by susweel:

Same here

Imagine the shellacking he would get if he hires Baalke.

It would be a typical York move, just keep promoting from within.

Jed York = John York if this happens.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Eddie even picked a loser in Joe Thomas his first time. Eddie used free spending everywhere to succeed. Unless he can help Jed pry open Mommy and Daddy's wallet he might not be a lot of help.
Share 49ersWebzone