LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This.

Duhhh, thats obviously what every nfl player should be doing every week, but the question wasnt about whether the players or coaching staff want to win or not. Winning this game is like turning an f- into anf f+ or being the smartest kid on the short bus. It only hurts us in the long run.

yea, u should use both those palms to slap yourself back into reality.

The reality is that getting a higher draft pick doesn't mean you're getting a better player. Look at the Lions. How many busts do they have this past decade? Not to mention most of their picks are top5 picks.

The reality is that the #5 pick is as much of a crap shoot as the #6 pick... or the #12 pick.

You play to win the game. Not to win the draft positioning.

Uhh, I dont know about you but id take calvin johnson or Suh in a heartbeat. Like it or not we need a franchise qb and all the viable candidates will be off the board by pick 12

yeah because the QB's taken in the top 10 since 2005 have really done wonders for their Franchises

Alex Smith (1 overall) 49ers STILL need a QB
Vince Young (3 overall) Titans STILL need a QB
Matt Lienart (10 overall) Cardinals STILL need a QB
Jamarcus Russell (1 overall) Raiders STILL need a QB
Matt Ryan (3 overall) Franchise QB
Matthew Stafford (1 overall) too early to tell but looks to be injury prone
Mark Sanchez (5 overall) too early to tell but hasn't looked too great on a team with a TON of talent
Sam Bradford (1 overall) too early to tell but so far so good

Those are all the QB's that were taken in the top 10 since 2005 and its not looking so promising as 4 of the 8 STILL need to find their QB's

If you look at history you also have...

~ Peyton Manning.
~ Troy Aikman.
~ John Elway.

Who were taken real high.

ok well if I go back EVEN FURTHER, I will find alot more QB's who were taken real high that didn't pan out so what's your point? My point is, just because we pick in the top 10 don't mean squat. It's not where you draft, it's how you draft.

Peyton (1 overall) 1 SB Tom Brady (6th round) 2 SB's

Troy Aikman (1 Overall) 3 SB's Joe Montana (3rd round) 4 SB's

John Elway (1 overall) 2 SB's Ben Rothlisberger (11th overall) 2 SB's

So there are plenty more successful QB's that have not been drafted high

LOL. #11 overall is real high with RapeBerger. That's a top 15 pick and just outside the top 10 barely. How is that not a real high pick?...

the argument was the QB's drafted in the top 10 (where we will be picking if we lose to the Cardinals) and how the majority of them have been BUST. If we win, we will be drafting outside the top 10 (where Rothlisberger was drafted) and we still have could land a Franchise QB

It's unusual to get a QB of the talent level and skill level of RAPEberger at #11 overall. He came from a smaller conference. So he wasn't as hyped. If he was in a major conference you would be talking about the #1 pick. He's the exception. Not the rule.

Ok, so what? he still was not drafted in the TOP 10 no matter how you look at it. Add Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch and Akili Smith to the ones who were drafted in the top 10..................... History shows more QB BUSTS in the top 10 than Franchise QB's so losing to the Cardinals on sunday doesn't guarantee squat

Look at Sam Bradford from last year. He's pretty much owning the division with what was the absolute worst talent in the league last year...
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Hey MODS!

These threads end up with quotes within quotes that are so long that it takes forever to load the pages.

Is there anything you can do about that?

get a faster modem jk

This.

Duhhh, thats obviously what every nfl player should be doing every week, but the question wasnt about whether the players or coaching staff want to win or not. Winning this game is like turning an f- into anf f+ or being the smartest kid on the short bus. It only hurts us in the long run.

The reality is that getting a higher draft pick doesn't mean you're getting a better player. Look at the Lions. How many busts do they have this past decade? Not to mention most of their picks are top5 picks.

The reality is that the #5 pick is as much of a crap shoot as the #6 pick... or the #12 pick.

Uhh, I dont know about you but id take calvin johnson or Suh in a heartbeat. Like it or not we need a franchise qb and all the viable candidates will be off the board by pick 12

yeah because the QB's taken in the top 10 since 2005 have really done wonders for their Franchises

Mark Sanchez (5 overall) too early to tell but hasn't looked too great on a team with a TON of talent

Those are all the QB's that were taken in the top 10 since 2005 and its not looking so promising as 4 of the 8 STILL need to find their QB's

~ Peyton Manning.
~ Troy Aikman.
~ John Elway.

ok well if I go back EVEN FURTHER, I will find alot more QB's who were taken real high that didn't pan out so what's your point? My point is, just because we pick in the top 10 don't mean squat. It's not where you draft, it's how you draft.

LOL. #11 overall is real high with RapeBerger. That's a top 15 pick and just outside the top 10 barely. How is that not a real high pick?...

the argument was the QB's drafted in the top 10 (where we will be picking if we lose to the Cardinals) and how the majority of them have been BUST. If we win, we will be drafting outside the top 10 (where Rothlisberger was drafted) and we still have could land a Franchise QB

It's unusual to get a QB of the talent level and skill level of RAPEberger at #11 overall. He came from a smaller conference. So he wasn't as hyped. If he was in a major conference you would be talking about the #1 pick. He's the exception. Not the rule.

Ok, so what? he still was not drafted in the TOP 10 no matter how you look at it. Add Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch and Akili Smith to the ones who were drafted in the top 10..................... History shows more QB BUSTS in the top 10 than Franchise QB's so losing to the Cardinals on sunday doesn't guarantee squat

Look at Sam Bradford from last year. He's pretty much owning the division with what was the absolute worst talent in the league last year...

Sam Bradford LAST YEAR was at Oklahoma and yeah he is having a good year THIS YEAR but you have named 4 guys drafted in the top 10 that have turned out to be good (Manning, Elway, Aikman) are proven. Bradford has not proven anything as of yet. He hasn't even completed a season yet but he is showing good signs in that conservative offense they have. I named Alex, Russell, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Matt Lienart, Vince Young with Sanchez and Stafford being up for debate. Looks like there are more BUSTS in the top 10 than there are Franchise QB's........... like I have been saying

This.

~ Peyton Manning.
~ Troy Aikman.
~ John Elway.

Sam Bradford LAST YEAR was at Oklahoma and yeah he is having a good year THIS YEAR but you have named 4 guys drafted in the top 10 that have turned out to be good (Manning, Elway, Aikman) are proven. Bradford has not proven anything as of yet. He hasn't even completed a season yet but he is showing good signs in that conservative offense they have. I named Alex, Russell, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Matt Lienart, Vince Young with Sanchez and Stafford being up for debate. Looks like there are more BUSTS in the top 10 than there are Franchise QB's........... like I have been saying

Are you that dense? He was drafted in the "Last Draft." Last years draft. Not this years draft which will be the 2011 draft. Of course he is playing This Year. And in case you haven't noticed he's already the best QB in the NFC WEST as a rookie.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 28, 2010 at 01:59:12 ]

This.

~ Peyton Manning.
~ Troy Aikman.
~ John Elway.

Are you that dense? He was drafted in the "Last Draft." Last years draft. Not this years draft which will be the 2011 draft. Of course he is playing This Year. And in case you haven't noticed he's already the best QB in the NFC WEST as a rookie.

Look dude, you responded to my post of the QB's taken in the top 10 since 2005 with "well look at peyton, aikman and elway". So I gave you a list of 3 more QB's who have done just as much (Rothlisberger) and MORE (Brady and Montana) than the names you listed and they were taken OUTSIDE THE TOP 10. Then you say well Rothlisberger was taken at 11, thats BARELY outside the top 10.....ok, so I guess he was taken OUTSIDE THE TOP 10 THEN RIGHT???

Then you give me Bradford who hasn't even completed a full season yet? Just because he is the best QB in the division doesn't mean he is a Franchise QB. Now I do think he will be successful but there is no telling what may happen. He might get injured like Stafford and not being able to fully recover so RIGHT NOW, after 15 games, NO he is not a Franchise QB from THIS YEARS (2010) draft. NEXT years draft will be in 2011 and LAST YEARS (2009) draft was exactly that, LAST YEAR....but you ask if I'm DENSE??? LMAO
The 49ers are looking at Next Year. This year is over. 2010 means nothing to the Red and Gold at this point. 2011 is here as far as we are concerned. The only concern we have is April 2011. Our upcomming draft.

2005 was your Criteria. Top 10 pick was your criteria. I don't have to fit into your box. I said there have been lots of good and some great QB's picked early. I never stated anything about 2005 or top 10. Even a 1st rounder is a high pick.
The 49ers are looking at Next Year. This year is over. 2010 means nothing to the Red and Gold at this point. 2011 is here as far as we are concerned. The only concern we have is April 2011. Our upcomming draft.

2005 was your Criteria. Top 10 pick was your criteria. I don't have to fit into your box. I said there have been lots of good and some great QB's picked early. I never stated anything about 2005 or top 10. Even a 1st rounder is a high pick.

I said SINCE 2005 so from 2005 until this day, there have been MORE busts than Franchise QB's. Then you listed QB's way back PAST 2005 so I did the same thing to show you that my point is STILL proven so what is the problem?

You went on to list Manning, Aikman and Elway who were ALL 3 #1 overall picks which means they were top 10 so you did "fit into my box"

And not once did you say "there have been lots of good and some great QB's picked early". you listed 3 and Sam Bradford...thats not "lots"

I said SINCE 2005 so from 2005 until this day, there have been MORE busts than Franchise QB's. Then you listed QB's way back PAST 2005 so I did the same thing to show you that my point is STILL proven so what is the problem?

Plenty of first round pick QB's are good to pretty good. Just off the top of my head in modern times a few I can list.

~ Matt Stafford - Before injuries looked real good.
~ Sam Bradford - Best QB in NFC West as rookie.
~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.
~ RAPEberger - great QB. Off field trouble.
~ Mark Sanchez - good young QB.
~ Eli Manning - won Super Bowl.
~ Peyton Manning - best in game.
~ Jay Cutler - better than any QB we have. Team doing real well this year.
~ Aaron Rodgers - Excellent player.
~ Phillip Rivers - Top 5 QB in the league.

Plenty of first round pick QB's are good to pretty good. Just off the top of my head in modern times a few I can list.

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

10 QB's out of how many 1st round selections?

Originally posted by backontop:

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

Don't care how many. Lots of top guys were picked early...

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

I'm not disagreeing with the 1st ROUND talent. The whole argument started when I said we should still try to win vs the Cardinals because trying lose and getting a top 10 pick doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. Are there 1st round QB's that have done great? Absolutely and we will still be picking in the Top 15 even with a win vs the Cardinals so I'm saying we shouldnt try to TANK just to get a top 10 pick because they haven't panned out more often than they have turned out to be bust

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

I'm not disagreeing with the 1st ROUND talent. The whole argument started when I said we should still try to win vs the Cardinals because trying lose and getting a top 10 pick doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. Are there 1st round QB's that have done great? Absolutely and we will still be picking in the Top 15 even with a win vs the Cardinals so I'm saying we shouldnt try to TANK just to get a top 10 pick because they haven't panned out more often than they have turned out to be bust

~ Yes it's no guarantee.
~ But a lot of top guys are picked there (1st round).

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

~ Yes it's no guarantee.
~ But a lot of top guys are picked there (1st round).

A lot of guys that are out of the league in 3 years are picked there too (1st round).
Originally posted by backontop:

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

Don't care how many. Lots of top guys were picked early...

once again you ingore critical information. Go away troll.
Share 49ersWebzone