LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
f**k no!!! tank. we have nothing to play for but a better draft spot. one loss is the difference between 4 or 5 draft slots the way this year played out. lose and hopefully a few of the others were tied with can win the last game. a loss this weekend is worth finding our QB of the future.

I agree. I was on board for winning out, but that was only cause our playoff hopes were still alive. Now;

same here. i wanted a playoff spot so bad but now that were not getting in theres no point to winning. like the guy above me said theres no one whos gonna look at this game in training camp for motivation if we win. i hope we get beat so this team can really get focused on getting better and never letting this happen again.

What makes any of you think the 49ers will tank? They win meaningless games and lose meaningful games. That's just the way it is. This is a meaningless game against a division rival, who is also trying to tank because they need a QB just like us, who hasn't won a road game since week 1. If the 49ers don't blow them out, I would honestly be surprised. Especially if they start Alex or Troy who have nothing meaningful to play for, they will be attempting to sling it all over the field. Mike Johnson will be opening the playbook because with Singletary out of the picture, I'm almost certain it will 100% his game plan and he wants to show the NFL what he is capable of doing.

Yall are crazy if you think the 49ers will tank this game. They will dominate Arizona because they are still competitors (although it doesn't look like it alot of the time) and we will end up in 2nd place with about the 10th to 14th pick in the draft which is still fine for a new coach. Then we won't have to reach for Newton, Locker Mallet since one if not all three will be there when we pick.

As bad as we are, the Cardinals are THAT MUCH worse. Skelton is horrible. he made A COUPLE good plays in that cowboys game but still finished 11/25 in his 3 starts he is 46-101 45.5 completion % with 1 TD and 1 INT. If you thought Troy was bad, Skelton is HORRENDOUS. 49ers win this game easily people
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This.

Duhhh, thats obviously what every nfl player should be doing every week, but the question wasnt about whether the players or coaching staff want to win or not. Winning this game is like turning an f- into anf f+ or being the smartest kid on the short bus. It only hurts us in the long run.

yea, u should use both those palms to slap yourself back into reality.

The reality is that getting a higher draft pick doesn't mean you're getting a better player. Look at the Lions. How many busts do they have this past decade? Not to mention most of their picks are top5 picks.

The reality is that the #5 pick is as much of a crap shoot as the #6 pick... or the #12 pick.

You play to win the game. Not to win the draft positioning.

Word. How is it that grown men that have competed in sports do not get this? Have they never competed? Is that what the separation is on this?

This.

Duhhh, thats obviously what every nfl player should be doing every week, but the question wasnt about whether the players or coaching staff want to win or not. Winning this game is like turning an f- into anf f+ or being the smartest kid on the short bus. It only hurts us in the long run.

The reality is that getting a higher draft pick doesn't mean you're getting a better player. Look at the Lions. How many busts do they have this past decade? Not to mention most of their picks are top5 picks.

The reality is that the #5 pick is as much of a crap shoot as the #6 pick... or the #12 pick.

Word. How is it that grown men that have competed in sports do not get this? Have they never competed? Is that what the separation is on this?

sounds like it if you are a competitor, you will be competeting everytime someone lines up across from you. nobody WANTS to get beat like a drum but someone has to lose everytime you go to battle (every play) so as a competitor, you are going to make sure you win the majority of your battles . I don't see why people don't understand this unless of course, they just have never competed like you said

This.

Uhh, I dont know about you but id take calvin johnson or Suh in a heartbeat. Like it or not we need a franchise qb and all the viable candidates will be off the board by pick 12

This.

Uhh, I dont know about you but id take calvin johnson or Suh in a heartbeat. Like it or not we need a franchise qb and all the viable candidates will be off the board by pick 12

So we're guaranteed to get a franchise QB if we pick lower than 12th? Sweet!
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
f**k no!!! tank. we have nothing to play for but a better draft spot. one loss is the difference between 4 or 5 draft slots the way this year played out. lose and hopefully a few of the others were tied with can win the last game. a loss this weekend is worth finding our QB of the future.

I agree. I was on board for winning out, but that was only cause our playoff hopes were still alive. Now;

same here. i wanted a playoff spot so bad but now that were not getting in theres no point to winning. like the guy above me said theres no one whos gonna look at this game in training camp for motivation if we win. i hope we get beat so this team can really get focused on getting better and never letting this happen again.

What makes any of you think the 49ers will tank? They win meaningless games and lose meaningful games. That's just the way it is. This is a meaningless game against a division rival, who is also trying to tank because they need a QB just like us, who hasn't won a road game since week 1. If the 49ers don't blow them out, I would honestly be surprised. Especially if they start Alex or Troy who have nothing meaningful to play for, they will be attempting to sling it all over the field. Mike Johnson will be opening the playbook because with Singletary out of the picture, I'm almost certain it will 100% his game plan and he wants to show the NFL what he is capable of doing.

Yall are crazy if you think the 49ers will tank this game. They will dominate Arizona because they are still competitors (although it doesn't look like it alot of the time) and we will end up in 2nd place with about the 10th to 14th pick in the draft which is still fine for a new coach. Then we won't have to reach for Newton, Locker Mallet since one if not all three will be there when we pick.

As bad as we are, the Cardinals are THAT MUCH worse. Skelton is horrible. he made A COUPLE good plays in that cowboys game but still finished 11/25 in his 3 starts he is 46-101 45.5 completion % with 1 TD and 1 INT. If you thought Troy was bad, Skelton is HORRENDOUS. 49ers win this game easily people

the question was what we want, not whats going to happen. they should beat the cardinals. they should have beaten the panthers tho too so we'll see how it goes.

This.

sounds like it if you are a competitor, you will be competeting everytime someone lines up across from you. nobody WANTS to get beat like a drum but someone has to lose everytime you go to battle (every play) so as a competitor, you are going to make sure you win the majority of your battles . I don't see why people don't understand this unless of course, they just have never competed like you said

Yes I agree, Im a competitor, but on sundays Im a fan just like the rest of you, fans dont win games, players do. And this is coming from someone who has played high school and college football unlike most of you. Every player on the squad should be trying like hell to win this game, but im not suiting up sunday and neither are ANY of you, so speaking from the standpoint of a fan id say that this is a meaningless game . If we win, nobodies gonna say "damn that was a terrible season until we beat the cardinals that last game, now we're legit." Gimme a break. I want us to get better so we dont have to go thru this again in the future. Imagine cam newton or ryan mallet in a cardinal uniform torching us in a few years, especially if they pick one of them right before us because we won a meaningless game, it would give the people who whine about not getting aaron rodgers amunition for the next decade, no thanks.

[ Edited by qwestlove94 on Dec 28, 2010 at 00:52:27 ]

This.

Yeah and we re garanteed pride and glory and a losers bracket tickertape parade if we beat the cardinals sundayawesome!!!!!!

[ Edited by qwestlove94 on Dec 28, 2010 at 00:50:31 ]

This.

How about Ernie Sims (#9 overall)? What about Mike Williams (#10)? Charles Rogers (#2)? Joey Harrington (#3)? Drew Stanton (#43)? Gosder Cherilus (#17)?

And how about the injury plagued Matthew Stafford (#1)?

Sure, I'd love Suh or Johnson on my team. But with all these other high number draft picks (and a second rounder who is horrendous), it's a crap shoot.

With the depth of this draft at QB, I think Stanzi could be groomed and be a Franchise QB in a few seasons. And he's only worth a 2nd or 3rd round choice.

This.

Yeah and we re garanteed pride and glory and a losers bracket tickertape parade if we beat the cardinals sundayawesome!!!!!!

I'd rather sweep the Cardinals again for the second year in a row. Bragging rights, anyone?

This.

yeah because the QB's taken in the top 10 since 2005 have really done wonders for their Franchises

Alex Smith (1 overall) 49ers STILL need a QB
Vince Young (3 overall) Titans STILL need a QB
Matt Lienart (10 overall) Cardinals STILL need a QB
Jamarcus Russell (1 overall) Raiders STILL need a QB
Matt Ryan (3 overall) Franchise QB
Matthew Stafford (1 overall) too early to tell but looks to be injury prone
Mark Sanchez (5 overall) too early to tell but hasn't looked too great on a team with a TON of talent
Sam Bradford (1 overall) too early to tell but so far so good

Those are all the QB's that were taken in the top 10 since 2005 and its not looking so promising as 4 of the 8 STILL need to find their QB's

This.

How about Ernie Sims (#9 overall)? What about Mike Williams (#10)? Charles Rogers (#2)? Joey Harrington (#3)? Drew Stanton (#43)? Gosder Cherilus (#17)?

And how about the injury plagued Matthew Stafford (#1)?

Sure, I'd love Suh or Johnson on my team. But with all these other high number draft picks (and a second rounder who is horrendous), it's a crap shoot.

With the depth of this draft at QB, I think Stanzi could be groomed and be a Franchise QB in a few seasons. And he's only worth a 2nd or 3rd round choice.

The Lions look like a different team when Matt stafford is in the lineup, injury plauged or not, this a qb driven league where a good quarterback can take a mediocre team to the playoffs and even the superbowl, nobody cares that the saints have a mediocre defense, why, because drew brees is capable of putting up 30 points and erasing their mistakes.

This.

yeah because the QB's taken in the top 10 since 2005 have really done wonders for their Franchises

Mark Sanchez (5 overall) too early to tell but hasn't looked too great on a team with a TON of talent

Those are all the QB's that were taken in the top 10 since 2005 and its not looking so promising as 4 of the 8 STILL need to find their QB's

If you look at history you also have...

~ Peyton Manning.
~ Troy Aikman.
~ John Elway.

Who were taken real high.

This.

4 out of 8 huh, thats 50% whuch is saying a lot for any draft pick at any number let alone a qb, I'll take those odds, so far we're 0 for 1 with alex smith, by your odds we're due. its funny that all of those teams save the raiders or the lions have made the playoffs at some point over the last 8 years,and the rams are about to make it this year......unlike us.

This.

4 out of 8 huh, thats 50% whuch is saying a lot for any draft pick at any number let alone a qb, I'll take those odds, so far we're 0 for 1 with alex smith, by your odds we're due. its funny that all of those teams save the raiders or the lions have made the playoffs at some point over the last 8 years,and the rams are about to make it this year......unlike us.
Share 49ersWebzone