LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Sims84:
The 49ers are looking at Next Year. This year is over. 2010 means nothing to the Red and Gold at this point. 2011 is here as far as we are concerned. The only concern we have is April 2011. Our upcomming draft.

2005 was your Criteria. Top 10 pick was your criteria. I don't have to fit into your box. I said there have been lots of good and some great QB's picked early. I never stated anything about 2005 or top 10. Even a 1st rounder is a high pick.

I said SINCE 2005 so from 2005 until this day, there have been MORE busts than Franchise QB's. Then you listed QB's way back PAST 2005 so I did the same thing to show you that my point is STILL proven so what is the problem?

Plenty of first round pick QB's are good to pretty good. Just off the top of my head in modern times a few I can list.

~ Matt Stafford - Before injuries looked real good.
~ Sam Bradford - Best QB in NFC West as rookie.
~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.
~ RAPEberger - great QB. Off field trouble.
~ Mark Sanchez - good young QB.
~ Eli Manning - won Super Bowl.
~ Peyton Manning - best in game.
~ Jay Cutler - better than any QB we have. Team doing real well this year.
~ Aaron Rodgers - Excellent player.
~ Phillip Rivers - Top 5 QB in the league.

10 QB's out of how many 1st round selections?

Don't care how many. Lots of top guys were picked early...

once again you ingore critical information. Go away troll.

You can't ignore the fact that a lot of good young QB's were picked high. All those guys are better than anything we have. And all would help this team.

And you can't ignore the fact that more often then not the QB's drafted high do not pan out.

~ They go to the worst team in the league.
~ Have bad O lines.
~ Have no weapons.
~ No defense backing them.
~ Bad coaching staffs developing them.
~ Bad organizations in charge.

This has as much to do with it as anything. It's still worth having a great QB if you can get one. And with our team we actually have talent. We were just coached so far down. We honestly aren't as bad as our record.

A coach like Harbaugh and a good QB. You are are talking about turnaround city here real quick... Not every problem solved. But moving in the right direction quickly.

You just described Alex Smith's career and yet you hate on him like he raped your mother.

I actually liked Alex. It's not going to work out for him here. And yes he had all those problems. I wouldn't call it an Alexcuse. It's honestly the environment he had. One of the worst run organzations over the last 5 - 6 years and even before that too.

Nobody has denied that the York family has screwed us over. But what you fail to realize is that Jed is not his parents.

He screwed up big time with Dingletary. His first move of real big consequence. So far he's the same pattern as his parents. And don't kid yourself his parents are still heavily involved. Especially John. He goes to the facility very often and is hanging out in the offices. What do you think he is doing there?... No influence at all? None? LOL. Jed is more of a Frontman / Faceman to the media.

The Yorks can put anybody out there to face Lowell Cohn questions that they want. It doesn't mean Jed operates with complete autonomy.

Even if you assume he does his decisions thus far have been real bad...

And firing the last wrong guy and giving a speech where you fumble with your water bottle is not as tough as finding the right new guy / guys (GM, HC, OC, DC, QB)...

that was his FIRST move period! The kid is learning on the fly. But the key word is he is LEARNING!

Sounds like we are in great shape with a inexperienced kid who is leaning on the fly.

seems to be doing things the right way now that he is consulting his uncle.

He said to the media for 2 years "he talks often to his uncle." What changed?
The 49ers are looking at Next Year. This year is over. 2010 means nothing to the Red and Gold at this point. 2011 is here as far as we are concerned. The only concern we have is April 2011. Our upcomming draft.

2005 was your Criteria. Top 10 pick was your criteria. I don't have to fit into your box. I said there have been lots of good and some great QB's picked early. I never stated anything about 2005 or top 10. Even a 1st rounder is a high pick.

I said SINCE 2005 so from 2005 until this day, there have been MORE busts than Franchise QB's. Then you listed QB's way back PAST 2005 so I did the same thing to show you that my point is STILL proven so what is the problem?

Plenty of first round pick QB's are good to pretty good. Just off the top of my head in modern times a few I can list.

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

You can't ignore the fact that a lot of good young QB's were picked high. All those guys are better than anything we have. And all would help this team.

And you can't ignore the fact that more often then not the QB's drafted high do not pan out.

~ Have bad O lines.
~ Have no weapons.

This has as much to do with it as anything. It's still worth having a great QB if you can get one. And with our team we actually have talent. We were just coached so far down. We honestly aren't as bad as our record.

A coach like Harbaugh and a good QB. You are are talking about turnaround city here real quick... Not every problem solved. But moving in the right direction quickly.

You just described Alex Smith's career and yet you hate on him like he raped your mother.

I actually liked Alex. It's not going to work out for him here. And yes he had all those problems. I wouldn't call it an Alexcuse. It's honestly the environment he had. One of the worst run organzations over the last 5 - 6 years and even before that too.

Nobody has denied that the York family has screwed us over. But what you fail to realize is that Jed is not his parents.

He screwed up big time with Dingletary. His first move of real big consequence. So far he's the same pattern as his parents. And don't kid yourself his parents are still heavily involved. Especially John. He goes to the facility very often and is hanging out in the offices. What do you think he is doing there?... No influence at all? None? LOL. Jed is more of a Frontman / Faceman to the media.

The Yorks can put anybody out there to face Lowell Cohn questions that they want. It doesn't mean Jed operates with complete autonomy.

And firing the last wrong guy and giving a speech where you fumble with your water bottle is not as tough as finding the right new guy / guys (GM, HC, OC, DC, QB)...

that was his FIRST move period! The kid is learning on the fly. But the key word is he is LEARNING!

Sounds like we are in great shape with a inexperienced kid who is leaning on the fly.

I talk to my uncle all the time. Does it mean I am consulting him? Nope. Now he is actually consulting his uncle. Like I pointed out earlier, the two statements from both of them match up with what is actually happening. But you will just ignore that because it proves that you are a troll.

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

~ Have bad O lines.
~ Have no weapons.

I talk to my uncle all the time. Does it mean I am consulting him? Nope. Now he is actually consulting his uncle. Like I pointed out earlier, the two statements from both of them match up with what is actually happening. But you will just ignore that because it proves that you are a troll.

"Talk to"
"Consult"
"Get advice from"
"Have a good relationship with"
"Speak often"

(About Eddie D.)

You see you are playing a game of Semantics here.

He's indicated he talks to Eddie D. seeks advice and counsel and guidance many, many times in the past. It's not the first time. Not by a long shot.

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

~ Have bad O lines.
~ Have no weapons.

"Talk to"
"Consult"
"Get advice from"
"Have a good relationship with"
"Speak often"

(About Eddie D.)

You see you are playing a game of Semantics here.

He's indicated he talks to Eddie D. seeks advice and counsel and guidance many, many times in the past. It's not the first time. Not by a long shot.

Just like I stated, you would ignore the facts.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by NinerD:
I always want us to win but with the draft where would it move us if we win and lose. I have been looking at the mock drafts and I think we can be as high as 5 with a loss. Does anyone have any ideas on this.

Dallas, Detroit, Zona, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Houston would all need to win. If that were the case:

1) Carolina
2) Buffalo
3) Cincinatti
4) Denver
5) SF

That's within an ear shot of Luck should he come out. We wouldn't have to make a Ricky Williams type trade to get up there.

lol that still makes me laugh. Ditka looks like he's going to b***h slap him.

~ Matt Ryan - Stud QB.

~ Have bad O lines.
~ Have no weapons.

man the insults just dont stop i guess...anyone who's opinion or take on things differs from the BOT gets a big ole "you're a bleep bleep bleep" in retaliation
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by NinerD:
I always want us to win but with the draft where would it move us if we win and lose. I have been looking at the mock drafts and I think we can be as high as 5 with a loss. Does anyone have any ideas on this.

Dallas, Detroit, Zona, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Houston would all need to win. If that were the case:

1) Carolina
2) Buffalo
3) Cincinatti
4) Denver
5) SF

That's within an ear shot of Luck should he come out. We wouldn't have to make a Ricky Williams type trade to get up there.

lol that still makes me laugh. Ditka looks like he's going to b***h slap him.

We need to get ahead of Arizona if we want one of the top 3 quarterbacks.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 28, 2010 at 05:27:49 ]
Originally posted by ace130:
What if A smith threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns

ummm, then we watch him pack and leave.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
Originally posted by ace130:
What if A smith threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns

ummm, then we watch him pack and leave.

^^this
I voted no. Its a absolute meaningless game, and we could really use the draft position. Anything that benefits us for the future is what I'm looking at now. Singletary gone is step one. Lets get rid of Alex and scrub this staff with a new GM and Coach... then lets use a good draft position to get our new arm.

Absolutely...if for no other reason than for Coach Tomsula and the players. They need something positive to take into the off-season. A home loss to the mostly woeful Cards would end things on a pretty negative note. Yes, it will likely mean getting bumped down the draft list a bit, but so be it. They'll still get pretty high quality if they finish at 6-10.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I have to say I want us to lose, as I did last Sunday. We had NO hope of succeeding in the playoffs and didn't belong. I don't to let pride get in the way of us perhaps getting the #2 QB in the draft. We can't afford to keep having garbage at the QB position. We need a high draft pick, and we need to be ahead of the cardinals, who also need a QB.
I always want them to win. to hell with losing to the Cards.
Drafting a rookie QB isn't necessarily the best recipe to fix our QB woes...I'm all for drafting one, but a better option IMHO is to make a deal for a young veteran...someone like Philly's Kolb. I'd say chances are pretty good Vick will re-sign with them...because it was Andy Reid who gave Michael a real 2nd chance. So, Kolb would theoretically be available...it's unlikely they keep him and Vick, due to salary cap limitations (maybe) although it's possible. Jed's new GM would need to make a deal, but he's worth giving up a draft pick and/or another player. They can still draft a QB and develop him, rather than throwing another one to the wolves, a la Alex. I think it's important they win on Sunday to go into the off-season on a positive note...so much about this season's been negative. Now they're rid of Singletary...and so they can rally around Tomsula and finish with a win. The new GM should focus on CB and DL early in the next draft...those areas also need upgrading.
We have had another victories to give us enough momemntum headed into the offseason (see 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009). A win does nothing for us at all. I'd like to see a nice battle, like the 49ers/Cardinals games of 2007-2009 with us going down. Top 10 pick here we come.

I like the options of a top 10 (top 5 if we are lucky) pick as well. We can move up, move back, stay put. It's nice leverage and something that a a good GM will use to their advantage.
Share 49ersWebzone