There are 220 users in the forums

I hope we ae done with the 3-4 expieriment!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we do okay against the run, so IDK?

We have always done good against the run! Even before the 3-4.

If you remember we couldn't stop the run during mooch we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and long. we couldn't do much of anything. I say we stay 3-4 and get a outside linebacker opposite of Lawson... SOMEONE NOT NAMED HARLSON WHO CAN GET TO A QB... When bradford runs away from you, you just stare and say wow does that guy suck!!!

Passrusher and Secondary. Other then that are 3-4 is one of the better ones at every other spot. Hey we could be dallas great passrusher but no inside lb's. we have 2 and bowman waiting in the wings! and besides dallas has the worst d in history of the cowboys this season.... Maybe we should call about d ware!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Abrayo just seemed out of shape the whole season...wasn't nearly as quick off the ball. I'm not sure he's worth anything near to what he wants in FA. And, I wouldn't franchise him again, either. NT should be a draft priority...along w/CB. It also wouldn't hurt to draft a beast like Da'Quan Bowers or Nick Fairley to beef up the DL.

we should be able to resign Aubrayo for cheap now.

i wouldn't mind giving Ray Mcdonald a little more PT also.
I believe we need to play to our strengths ie see how Patrick Willis will run with it seeing that we have him for 5 more years...

So keep playing to our defensive strengths
Originally posted by alburns:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
3-4 or 4-3...I'm just glad the Manusky experiment is done.

The defense is rated 14th in yards/game this season, 7th in rushing yards/game, 18th in points against.

Last year we were ranked 4th in points against, 15th in total yards/game and 6th best rushing defense.

Our problems are much worse than manusky. Not sure where all this hate is coming from. The issue seems to me to be less about scheme and more about players, guys like clements were typically in position to make a lot of plays and didn't make them.

i.e the 1st TD against SD. Hell even the receiver was suprised he caught the ball
our scheme is f**king garbage. its like we rush 3 and then we play a soft zone. wtf? i know we don't have speedsters at CB so thats why we dont play man, but here are our coaching calls: call a soft zone. even average qb's (sam bradford, matt moore, kevin kolb) pick us apart because there is no pressure and the receivers find an open spot easily.

then you look at the other side. our QB's are always getting pressured all game every game. well why aren't we doing that against the other team?

i don't know that i blame it all on manusky. goldson is a f**king awful FS and NONE of our CB's know how to play the ball. just like yesterday f**king nate just runs into the receiver instead of actually looking at what he's doing. the only possibly decent secondary player we have is reggie smith who has shown signs.
2 pieces away from turning this teams front 7 (3-4) from good to beast mode. soon to be 3 only cause the cowboy cant go forever.
we can only switch back to the 4-3 if we have two badass DE's

[ Edited by WestCoast on Dec 27, 2010 at 22:09:17 ]
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
The reason we don't get any pressure is because we rarely blitz. If you want other 3-4 defenses, they blitz all the time, that's how they get pressure. Manusky believes we get enough pressure with just our 3 rushers, which makes me mad all the time because clearly we don't.

however, usually when we blitz, ahmad brooks will jump offsides so I guess it washes out.

However, when you have Pat Willis and TKO, you need them both on the field. Plus, the way the league is going, 3-4 is the defense you should have. The added speed at linebacker is a must to offset all the speed on offense these days.

How so? Isn't that what going into a Nickle or Dime package is for? More Corners to contain the speedy recievers, TE's ext.? I would rather a 4 man line myself, heck O think we could put Manny Lawson as a DE he would prolly do pretty well if trained. all that speed and athletisism agains a big slow oaf. (IE most tackles) equells
Originally posted by 49ersfan11:
Are you joking?

Nope!

We haven't gotten any heat on the QB since we switched to the 3-4. Our run defense is okay but the pass defense has been terrible

Not only that we cant stop a freaking screen and havent been able too since we switched over. I also think our pass rushing got even worse. Its also harder to find a true 34 NT and consistent OLBs who can rush the passer and cover.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think we should stay in it. We just need to get a pass rusher and a a CB

having Takeo SPikes and WIllis in the middle is awesome

A CB? we need like 3. Shawntae was exposed this year, nate looked worse than a rookie, and tarrell brown is trash.

It comes down the pass rush man. I really think Clements and Spencer are good corners. They look bad because QB's have all day to throw against us.

Teams like NE, Baltimore and Pitt have been showing us the blueprint for years. You don't need all-star corners, but you NEED a pass rush to make the 3-4 work.

I think a stud safety is more important than a stud pass-rusher in the 3-4. throw sluts at them all game in the pass-rush (like we did last year) and as long as the guys up top do their job WELL, sluts get sacks and we are a top-5 pass rush defense if we talk sacks.

not ballsacks, either.

the football statistic, sack.

Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

A CB? we need like 3. Shawntae was exposed this year, nate looked worse than a rookie, and tarrell brown is trash.

It comes down the pass rush man. I really think Clements and Spencer are good corners. They look bad because QB's have all day to throw against us.

Teams like NE, Baltimore and Pitt have been showing us the blueprint for years. You don't need all-star corners, but you NEED a pass rush to make the 3-4 work.

I think a stud safety is more important than a stud pass-rusher in the 3-4. throw sluts at them all game in the pass-rush (like we did last year) and as long as the guys up top do their job WELL, sluts get sacks and we are a top-5 pass rush defense if we talk sacks.

not ballsacks, either.

sooo your saying put a couple cheerleaders out there and we'll put opposing QB's under duress lol

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersfan11:
Are you joking?

Nope!

We haven't gotten any heat on the QB since we switched to the 3-4. Our run defense is okay but the pass defense has been terrible

we need a CB and OLB bad

We keep saying this, even after spending a 1st ound pick on Lawson & $80 million on Clements. So at some point we have to look at the scheme!

Tully Banta Cain couldn't do it here, but he is good with the Pats? It's the scheme.

Ding Ding - Players can't succeed with Mediocre coaching and scheme - And we have had Mediocre coaching for 8 years. Manusky may have been a victim of both HC being borderline scheming tards - but he needs to go and someone who understands how to adjust based on an Offense protection packages and change them up to keep them guessing must be found.
We should go back to the 4-3 defense!

This would Walsh Sing & olan completly out of our system, as well as make it easier for rookies coming in to play right away.

Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

not ballsacks, either.

sooo your saying put a couple cheerleaders out there and we'll put opposing QB's under duress lol

Yeah, if she can get to the QB!
Maybe get one of those Lingerie League players...

Isn't that the beauty of what an ideal 3-4 is? DC schemes should produce sacks even if you blitz with any slutty pass-rusher.

I believe we were 6th in sacks last year, so top-5 is a stretch.
Share 49ersWebzone