LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Arizona Cardinals)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niner4life21:
This is a completely meaningless game. I'd rather lose it, b/c we'd have a possibility of drafting 3rd overall. If we draft 3rd, we have a legit chance of trading with Carolina.

And please don't call me a fake fan. I absolutely love the 49ers. I live, breathe and sleep 49ers football. But this a completely meaningless game and might as well get a higher draft spot.

You hit it spot on. Also, there isn't a doubt in my mind with a semi-competent coach, our talent, and a will to win that we could absolutely mud stomp the Cardinals. What's the point, a win with an interim head coach with a lame-duck QB isn't going to do anything to energize this fanbase. Knowing the wretched state this team is in, we'll win and cost ourselves about 8 draft positions and any plausible chance of drafting Luck.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
This is a completely meaningless game. I'd rather lose it, b/c we'd have a possibility of drafting 3rd overall. If we draft 3rd, we have a legit chance of trading with Carolina.

And please don't call me a fake fan. I absolutely love the 49ers. I live, breathe and sleep 49ers football. But this a completely meaningless game and might as well get a higher draft spot.

You hit it spot on. Also, there isn't a doubt in my mind with a semi-competent coach, our talent, and a will to win that we could absolutely mud stomp the Cardinals. What's the point, a win with an interim head coach with a lame-duck QB isn't going to do anything to energize this fanbase. Knowing the wretched state this team is in, we'll win and cost ourselves about 8 draft positions and any plausible chance of drafting Luck.

Thats why I'm hoping nate Davis starts...
Why is it acceptable for a team that has clinched a playoff spot to rest many of their first stringers during the last game of the season, but is considered poor form to play back-up guys because it might result in a better drafting spot? Either scenario seems ok to me.

By selecting Tomsula as interim HC, he is going to want to impress the Yorks and anyone else watching that he has HC potential. So he will go all-out to win.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Why is it acceptable for a team that has clinched a playoff spot to rest many of their first stringers during the last game of the season, but is considered poor form to play back-up guys because it might result in a better drafting spot? Either scenario seems ok to me.

By selecting Tomsula as interim HC, he is going to want to impress the Yorks and anyone else watching that he has HC potential. So he will go all-out to win.

This. we all will love a higher pick in the draft but regardless of who we have at QB, the Cardinals still have Skelton as their QB Manusky just has their offenses number man and we will completely dominate them as usual. Even if Nate starts, I'm almost certain he will be able to make 2 or 3 plays which will be more than enough to beat Arizona at home.

Sorry guys
Originally posted by Sims84:

This. we all will love a higher pick in the draft but regardless of who we have at QB, the Cardinals still have Skelton as their QB Manusky just has their offenses number man and we will completely dominate them as usual. Even if Nate starts, I'm almost certain he will be able to make 2 or 3 plays which will be more than enough to beat Arizona at home.

Sorry guys

Yea but Clements has been giving up as many plays as he has been making.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Sims84:

Sorry guys

Yea but Clements has been giving up as many plays as he has been making.

But even Nate plays his best ball against the Cardinals

I agree with you. This horrible season is finally mercifully drawing to a close. The higher the Niners pick the better.
so who is our starting qb this week? thought tomsula said it was going to be announced yesterday after he met with the coaches?
If the niners without singletary actually look good, aggressive, and crisp on offense and defense? It would be so depressing to me that it would almost be comical.
I really don't care; I'm looking towards next year.

As long as we look good losing I will be happy.
it won't mean crap. Sometimes interim coaches can make their team play at a higher level for a game or two, see: Singletary.

-9fA
  • Veteran
We got bigger problems than AZ game at the moment.
We'll win and get the 9th or so pick.... i dont care.. Andrew Luck, or Jake Locker both are studs!
Arizona is hardly a worthy opponent to measure success by.
Share 49ersWebzone