There are 268 users in the forums

We should thank Brian Billick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think what happen with the Ravens offense while Billick was there was the same thing that happened here since the nolan era started. Too many mistakes at the QB position. Billick had Dilfer,Grbac and Boller as his main starting QBs (anthony wright,jeff blake and chris redman bridged the gap betweeb Grbac and Boller.) We all know Dilfer was asked to just not make mistakes and then was pushed out after the Superbowl to make room for Grbac who retired after just 1 season with the Ravens after playing good in spot duty for the niners. We all know what happened when Boller started. The problem is when you miss at the QB position it sets your franchise back significantly.

If Billick can get the right QB under center for the 49ers if hired, I believe he has enough creativity from his OC calling days at Minnesota to make the 49er offense a formidable one. The other offensive weapins are in place.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I think what happen with the Ravens offense while Billick was there was the same thing that happened here since the nolan era started. Too many mistakes at the QB position. Billick had Dilfer,Grbac and Boller as his main starting QBs (anthony wright,jeff blake and chris redman bridged the gap betweeb Grbac and Boller.) We all know Dilfer was asked to just not make mistakes and then was pushed out after the Superbowl to make room for Grbac who retired after just 1 season with the Ravens after playing good in spot duty for the niners. We all know what happened when Boller started. The problem is when you miss at the QB position it sets your franchise back significantly.

If Billick can get the right QB under center for the 49ers if hired, I believe he has enough creativity from his OC calling days at Minnesota to make the 49er offense a formidable one. The other offensive weapins are in place.

if Billick were to get hired I think he tries to keep Alex Smith.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Agreed. Regardless of the last 3 games, I wouldn't mind.
Originally posted by gage:

Yeah I think your right and I think Billick would try and implement an offense similar to that of the 1998 Vikings when they had Jake Reed,Randy Moss and Chris Carter. Alex Smith would fit into that type of offense but I think we still draft a QB in round 1-3 and or sign a veteran free agent QB .

Yeah I think your right and I think Billick would try and implement an offense similar to that of the 1998 Vikings when they had Jake Reed,Randy Moss and Chris Carter. Alex Smith would fit into that type of offense but I think we still draft a QB in round 1-3 and or sign a veteran free agent QB .

I wouldn't mind, I think Alex Smith could be a good QB if he had a competent coach.
Billicks' hella funny.

''This music is like my love life;

Drama, anticipation,defeat,tension.....''
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Billicks' hella funny.

The other announcer has a queer laugh.
screw alex smith lets try and get a good quarterback
  • dj43
Billicks' hella funny.

That was some of the best stuff I've heard on a broadcast ever. I'm not sure his wife appreciated it but I've heard he has a very good sense of humor.
Billick is a great speaker and motivator like Singletary, but the difference is he knows Xs and Os. I don't know how I feel about him being the 49ers coach, but I think he'll at least be better than Singletary.

• dj43
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Billick is a great speaker and motivator like Singletary, but the difference is he knows Xs and Os. I don't know how I feel about him being the 49ers coach, but I think he'll at least be better than Singletary.

I heard him being interviewed a couple of weeks ago. He said he has been around every team in the league in his current job and has learned a lot from that experience. He was very honest in saying it has given him a much broader understanding of what good coaching actually is. He didn't really throw his hat back in the ring to be a coach again but said if he did, he would be a much better coach.

He also said he wants no part of a combined job as also the GM.

Actually you missed GrBac's other gig as a Starter for KC. He took over there after Bono was their Starter. KC loved 9er QBs'. lol GrBac played reasonably well for that franchise but they didn't want to pay him $10 mil I believe it was and so he went on to Baltimore. The problem with Baltimore was a lot like it is with us. Their Line at that time was not that good and they really needed better protection for their QBs'.

~Ceadder

Don't forget about Tony Banks and Kordell Stewart!

I wouldn't mind, I think Alex Smith could be a good QB if he had a competent coach.

THIS!!
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Billicks' hella funny.

That was some of the best stuff I've heard on a broadcast ever. I'm not sure his wife appreciated it but I've heard he has a very good sense of humor.

Yeah, despite the music I found myself laughing more than normal during the broadcast. The other guy's voice doesn't match his body. He's about 5'2" and has the voice of a hill giant.
Share 49ersWebzone