LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

We should thank Brian Billick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The tips/game plan he gave MS was awesome.
yep Westbrook, Morgan, and Davis all had 70+ yard receiving.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Too bad he couldn't stay around to help out MS.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

take his job is what he should do...the way he talks about our playmakers and D and all our talent I think he wants the job
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

take his job is what he should do...the way he talks about our playmakers and D and all our talent I think he wants the job

ya he is definitely a strong dark horse candidate with SF ties.
He loved Bill Walsh, he wants to right the ship.
With Gruden saying he will not return to coaching, the Niners top three coaching targets likely will include Billick, Harbaugh, and Jeff Fisher if he leaves Tennessee.
I don't want him to bring his low scoring style from baltimore here, we had enough of the baltimore nolanterry era.

edit: don't want jeff fisher either.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Dec 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM ]
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't want him to bring his low scoring style from baltimore here, we had enough of the baltimore nolanterry era.

Billick seems like the type of hire the Yorks would make: dry and uninspiring.

Billick gave Singletary a game plan???
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Hey unst4bl, don't pop off without knowing the facts. Here is Billick's track record when he was an assistant coach with the Vikings:

Assistant Coach

The Vikings made the playoffs during six of the seven seasons (1992–1998) that Billick spent with the team, and set several offensive records in the process. In 1998, Minnesota set a then-NFL record for most points scored in a season (556) (which has since been broken by the 2007 Patriots), and set a team record with 41 touchdown passes. His work under Minnesota head coach Dennis Green put Billick in the Sid Gillman coaching tree.

When he was a head coach, he played to his teams strengths and ended up with a Super Bowl ring. He wasn't the offensive coordinator for those Ravens teams, and they won according to the talent they had on the squad.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

you are going to rate the hiring now? Billick is a Super Bowl coach and he is outspoken, the beat reporters would be drooling if he got hired, you will have to watch the film just to hear what he says, instead of that being the same answer murmured over and over again.
Yes, your tongue in cheek comment is funny.

But those with no sense of humor, the reality is that Brian Billick found out while interviewing they were going to be more aggressive.

I hope this post has helped those of you apparently confused by subtle humor.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

you are going to rate the hiring now? Billick is a Super Bowl coach and he is outspoken, the beat reporters would be drooling if he got hired, you will have to watch the film just to hear what he says, instead of that being the same answer murmured over and over again.

Yeah, yeah, I know he was good with the vikings and had a Super Bowl 10 years ago. Then what happened? His loud mouth could never figure out how to produce a half decent offense, and wasted the ravens' D. So yes, I think he's a boring hire, and would probably be the cheapest big name.
Share 49ersWebzone