Confirmed - Alex Smith to start against Seahawks on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Alex Smith's lack of ability to make plays when it matters was a major factor in this team starting the season 0-5.

Btw: Whats his career passer rating on 3rd down? How often does he convert those 3rd downs vs taking the safe checkdown pass that results in a punt.

or the fact that our schedule was extremely front loaded had something to do with that 0-5 start

Alex making costly last minute turnovers are why we were 0-5

The defense allowing the opposing teams to score an average over 30pts wasn't a factor?

Defense gave up 26 points per game, not 30 but that is still ridiculous. The problem with Alex Smith isn't that he makes mistakes, it's that he makes COSTLY mistakes. He had 9 INT's in the first 5 games and no they were not ALL his fault but he is the QB and that is the way it goes with ANY team.

If i recall correctly, in those first 5 games, 2 picks went off Crabtree's hands, 1 that got returned for a TD vs the seahaks was just a HORRIBLE pass. yeah Crabtree might of ran a lazy or wrong route but unless that route was a deep corner (which i highly doubt), that pass was extremely high and off target (like a lot of his passes are for some reason).

1 pick was well off target vs the Saints that Gore had to basically COMPLETELY stretch out for ( a simply swing pass) and that got tipped in the air.

Then 1 pick game off a great and unfortunate play by the saints d-lineman (not his fault although for some reason, he gets a TON of balls batted down for being 6'4).

1 pick came from a HORRIBLE pass right before half against the Falcons that could of put us in position to tack on more points but instead allowed ATL to get some points going into half.

2 Picks vs Philly (the last one he was hit and didn't stand much of a chance but hindsight being 20/20, a SIMPLE pump fake to extend a play (something Alex knows nothing about) could of helped. Then that fumble that they scooped up and ran back was just HORRENDOUS.

All this happened in the first 5 games of the season. Alex Smith is NOT the answer and that is a fact but niether of these QB's can succeed with this playcalling, PERIOD. All these arguments about Troy vs Alex vs Nate vs David vs whoever else you want to talk about are just pointless. Until we get a new QB and some better coachES, we will not be successful. I will still be rooting my a$$ off from Iraq on Sunday in hopes that Alex and the 49ers can put together a solid win!

A pump fake wouldn't have done a thing as the defense was in his face ass soon as the ball was snapped. 5 of Alex Smith's INT's are off of tipped passes from Crabtree. A lot of people are not taking into consideration the horrible OLine performance this year. There are 2 rookie lineman so they are going to struggle. They seem to be gelling and maybe beginning to mature. If this is indeed the casa look for Alex to have some great games.

what 5 TIPPED passes off of Crabtree's hands are you referring to? I remember the one vs the Seahawks and the one vs the Chiefs. This last one vs Arizona was with Troy Smith under center so what are the other 3 you are talking about?
Alex Smith's lack of ability to make plays when it matters was a major factor in this team starting the season 0-5.

Btw: Whats his career passer rating on 3rd down? How often does he convert those 3rd downs vs taking the safe checkdown pass that results in a punt.

or the fact that our schedule was extremely front loaded had something to do with that 0-5 start

The defense allowing the opposing teams to score an average over 30pts wasn't a factor?

Defense gave up 26 points per game, not 30 but that is still ridiculous. The problem with Alex Smith isn't that he makes mistakes, it's that he makes COSTLY mistakes. He had 9 INT's in the first 5 games and no they were not ALL his fault but he is the QB and that is the way it goes with ANY team.

If i recall correctly, in those first 5 games, 2 picks went off Crabtree's hands, 1 that got returned for a TD vs the seahaks was just a HORRIBLE pass. yeah Crabtree might of ran a lazy or wrong route but unless that route was a deep corner (which i highly doubt), that pass was extremely high and off target (like a lot of his passes are for some reason).

1 pick was well off target vs the Saints that Gore had to basically COMPLETELY stretch out for ( a simply swing pass) and that got tipped in the air.

Then 1 pick game off a great and unfortunate play by the saints d-lineman (not his fault although for some reason, he gets a TON of balls batted down for being 6'4).

1 pick came from a HORRIBLE pass right before half against the Falcons that could of put us in position to tack on more points but instead allowed ATL to get some points going into half.

2 Picks vs Philly (the last one he was hit and didn't stand much of a chance but hindsight being 20/20, a SIMPLE pump fake to extend a play (something Alex knows nothing about) could of helped. Then that fumble that they scooped up and ran back was just HORRENDOUS.

All this happened in the first 5 games of the season. Alex Smith is NOT the answer and that is a fact but niether of these QB's can succeed with this playcalling, PERIOD. All these arguments about Troy vs Alex vs Nate vs David vs whoever else you want to talk about are just pointless. Until we get a new QB and some better coachES, we will not be successful. I will still be rooting my a$$ off from Iraq on Sunday in hopes that Alex and the 49ers can put together a solid win!

A pump fake wouldn't have done a thing as the defense was in his face ass soon as the ball was snapped. 5 of Alex Smith's INT's are off of tipped passes from Crabtree. A lot of people are not taking into consideration the horrible OLine performance this year. There are 2 rookie lineman so they are going to struggle. They seem to be gelling and maybe beginning to mature. If this is indeed the casa look for Alex to have some great games.

what 5 TIPPED passes off of Crabtree's hands are you referring to? I remember the one vs the Seahawks and the one vs the Chiefs. This last one vs Arizona was with Troy Smith under center so what are the other 3 you are talking about?

Maiocco did an article that even pointed out that 5 out of the first 6 INT's Alex threw were off of tipped passes from Crabtree.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

you act like having a good o-line matters?

lol silly me, I always forget having an OLine is overrated. Just ask Peyton Manning the last few weeks.

Manningexcuses

Maiocco did an article that even pointed out that 5 out of the first 6 INT's Alex threw were off of tipped passes from Crabtree.

Read the article again or better yet, just WATCH THE GAMES. They might of been INTENDED for Crabtree but 5 passes have not tipped off his hands. 1 was a bad pass to Gore in the flat which was tipped vs the Saints, 1 was tipped at the line of scrimmage vs the Saints, 1 he was hit vs the Eagles and that pass was intended for Ziegler, 1 was just a HORRIBLE pass vs the Falcons right before half, 1 was a high and off target pass that got returned for a TD vs the Seahawks.. so there is 5 right there out of 9 so which ones are you referring to or are you just blowing smoke and quoting something you think you remember reading??

Read the article again or better yet, just WATCH THE GAMES. They might of been INTENDED for Crabtree but 5 passes have not tipped off his hands. 1 was a bad pass to Gore in the flat which was tipped vs the Saints, 1 was tipped at the line of scrimmage vs the Saints, 1 he was hit vs the Eagles and that pass was intended for Ziegler, 1 was just a HORRIBLE pass vs the Falcons right before half, 1 was a high and off target pass that got returned for a TD vs the Seahawks.. so there is 5 right there out of 9 so which ones are you referring to or are you just blowing smoke and quoting something you think you remember reading??

I have watched every game and I agree with the article. Majority of Alex Smith's INT's have come off of tipped passes from Crabtree early in the season. Maybe you should be the one to read the article or watch the games (for the first time seems how it is pretty clear that you haven't watched it yet)

I have watched every game and I agree with the article. Majority of Alex Smith's INT's have come off of tipped passes from Crabtree early in the season. Maybe you should be the one to read the article or watch the games (for the first time seems how it is pretty clear that you haven't watched it yet)

LOL!! I just gave you 5 instances of his interceptions and not ONE of them were tipped off of Crabtree's hands and he has 9 INT's on the year so how about you give your instances OTHER THAN the 1 pass vs the Seahawks and the 1 pass vs the Chiefs instead of just telling me you read an article?? C'mon man

LOL!! I just gave you 5 instances of his interceptions and not ONE of them were tipped off of Crabtree's hands and he has 9 INT's on the year so how about you give your instances OTHER THAN the 1 pass vs the Seahawks and the 1 pass vs the Chiefs instead of just telling me you read an article?? C'mon man

Quote:
Four of Smith's five interceptions this season have come on passes to Crabtree, who missed the exhibition season because of a sore neck.

This is from after the KC game. We already know that Alex threw more INT's so to say that 5 of them came from Crabtree isn't that hard to beleive seems how 4 of 5 were from crabtree after we played KC.

linkus maximus

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/27/3058593/49ers-notes-smith-crabtree-not.html#ixzz17VPQXo84

Quote:
Four of Smith's five interceptions this season have come on passes to Crabtree, who missed the exhibition season because of a sore neck.

This is from after the KC game. We already know that Alex threw more INT's so to say that 5 of them came from Crabtree isn't that hard to beleive seems how 4 of 5 were from crabtree after we played KC.

linkus maximus

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/27/3058593/49ers-notes-smith-crabtree-not.html#ixzz17VPQXo84

ok so 4, NOT 5 out of 6 like you stated earlier came off of Crabtree's hands which makes a little more sense since I just named the other 5 interceptions he has thrown. There for, less than half of his picks were because of Crabtree and 1 was because he was hit, the other 4 were just horrible throws. Throw that fumble in there vs Philly and that is 5 inexcusable turnovers he has. Now how about that Great catch from Crabtree in the endzone against philly or that great catch and run by gore when he was stretched out and then outran Vilma for a TD vs the Saints or that great catch by Morgan in garbage time against the Chiefs.

Everything bad is not because of Alex and everything good is damn sure not because of him either. They go hand in hand but one thing for certain is he has more INT's than TD's and ALOT more losses than Wins and that is all that matters. He is not the answer and you know it.

Quote:

linkus maximus

ok so 4, NOT 5 out of 6 like you stated earlier came off of Crabtree's hands which makes a little more sense since I just named the other 5 interceptions he has thrown. There for, less than half of his picks were because of Crabtree and 1 was because he was hit, the other 4 were just horrible throws. Throw that fumble in there vs Philly and that is 5 inexcusable turnovers he has. Now how about that Great catch from Crabtree in the endzone against philly or that great catch and run by gore when he was stretched out and then outran Vilma for a TD vs the Saints or that great catch by Morgan in garbage time against the Chiefs.

Everything bad is not because of Alex and everything good is damn sure not because of him either. They go hand in hand but one thing for certain is he has more INT's than TD's and ALOT more losses than Wins and that is all that matters. He is not the answer and you know it.
can you not read? This is an article from after the KC game. I am still looking for the article by Maiocco where he talks about 5 of the first 6.

Quote:

linkus maximus

can you not read? This is an article from after the KC game. I am still looking for the article by Maiocco where he talks about 5 of the first 6.
What do you keep looking for? I have already given you 5 (FIVE) instances where he threw an interception!!! He only (not really only but you know) has 9 INT's on the year so what else is there to read? I watch the games and that is why I was just able to give you 5 instances of his picks..Can you not read??? Can you not add or subtract? 5 out of 9 leaves 4 left. Those 4 were probably off of Crabtree's hands. I know two for a FACT were. The other two I honestly cannot remember but what I do remember very clearly is 5 that were NOT tipped off of his hands.

Quote:

linkus maximus

"Four of Smith's five interceptions this season have come on passes to Crabtree, who missed the exhibition season because of a sore neck"

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/27/3058593/49ers-notes-smith-crabtree-not.html#ixzz17VTnQNDr

So, can YOU not read? it says 4 inteceptions were passes GOING TO Crabtree, NOT tipped off of his hands. He was the intended target, it does not mean they hit off his hands and got intercepted. Watch the games, you may know what your talking about instead of just reading something, taking what you want from it and then quoting it.

Quote:

linkus maximus

What do you keep looking for? I have already given you 5 (FIVE) instances where he threw an interception!!! He only (not really only but you know) has 9 INT's on the year so what else is there to read? I watch the games and that is why I was just able to give you 5 instances of his picks..Can you not read??? Can you not add or subtract? 5 out of 9 leaves 4 left. Those 4 were probably off of Crabtree's hands. I know two for a FACT were. The other two I honestly cannot remember but what I do remember very clearly is 5 that were NOT tipped off of his hands.
even if the article said 4 of 5. That still says that Crabtree has accounted for almost 50% of all INT's from Alex Smith, 50% of all INT's from Troy Smith and well David Carr just sucks.

Quote:

linkus maximus

even if the article said 4 of 5. That still says that Crabtree has accounted for almost 50% of all INT's from Alex Smith, 50% of all INT's from Troy Smith and well David Carr just sucks.

The Article says 4 passes GOING TO Crabtree. NOT 4 passes tipped off of his hands. He was just the Intended target, THAT IS ALL. 2 passes were tipped off his hands and 1 was tipped by a D-lineman of the saints and the other was just a HORRIBLY thrown ball to crabtree that sailed high and off target vs the seahawks which got ran back for a TD. I know what I'm talking about

Quote:

linkus maximus

The Article says 4 passes GOING TO Crabtree. NOT 4 passes tipped off of his hands. He was just the Intended target, THAT IS ALL. 2 passes were tipped off his hands and 1 was tipped by a D-lineman of the saints and the other was just a HORRIBLY thrown ball to crabtree that sailed high and off target vs the seahawks which got ran back for a TD. I know what I'm talking about
I'm pretty sure that they were off of tipped passes. I know what I'm talking about.

Quote:

linkus maximus

I'm pretty sure that they were off of tipped passes. I know what I'm talking about.
LOL you are something else. I just told you what each of those 4 passes intended for Crabtree were. The 1st one was tipped off his hands. The 2nd pick (SAME GAME) was thrown HIGH AND OFF TARGET and was picked off and ran back for a TD (Crabtree never touched the ball), the 3rd pick intended for him was on that slant route vs the Saints that the D-Lineman tipped in the air (Crabtree AGAIN never touched it) and the 4th pick WAS off of his hands when Flowers picked it off when we played the Chiefs all though the throw was well behind Crabtree, it still hit off his hands.. Therefore, he has 2 off of his hands out of the 4 that were going to him that got intercepted. What else do you need to know since you obviously are not watching the games??
Share 49ersWebzone