LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

WE NEED TO DRAFT A QB!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
nowai
I think the key to our success and we have had lots of it here recently is: We go out and punch them in the mouth!!!!

I think we should just draft a RB in the first and the 2nd round! Lets continue to do this thing where we run the ball every down right up the gut, Up the middle for 1 yard or 2 that way on 3rd down we only need 6-7 yards for a 1st down.... We dominate the line of scrimmage with our superior O-Line and punch them in the mouth! Keep Sing, keep all the other coaches and continue on with this same offensive gameplan we have had since Sing became the coach.

This is the key to our success. We surely will win the west next year with this same game plan because we need at least another year under Sing to get this punch em in the mouth thing really going!

Besides, other teams won't know what hit them!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by alexisback:
If they go out and get Harbaugh and Luck, Niners win the division next year.

I wish it was going to be that easy.

This team is a MINIMUM of 5 starters from being a playoff team.

I'm going to disagree with you here. This team is maybe 2 or 3 players (mostly line and some of those may develop) and a good coaching crew away from being a play-off team.

In our division, we're a good head coach away.
In this division, I think they are only a qb away. Seattle is done after this year, Arizona is going to be rebuilding and irrelevant for a while. St louis is on its way up as bradford is better than most expect. The niners only two glaring needs are secondary and a qb. And to win this division, only a qb away.

To win a playoff game, I would agree they need at least 5 starters
Originally posted by dj43:
If they go out and get Harbaugh and Luck, Niners win the division next year.

I wish it was going to be that easy.

This team is a MINIMUM of 5 starters from being a playoff team.

Possibly more if our OL draft picks don't improve next year. Assuming they do.... we still need a QB (1st round quality), a CB (1st round quality), a DE/OLB (2nd round quality), and some FA guys at DT and S.

More bad news... a rookie QB will not get us to the playoffs. In fact, I would be furious if we draft a QB and allow him to start any earlier than late in the season. We will need to aquire a veteran QB in FA to start (or live with a Smith for another year).

Still more bad news... a head coaching change is absolutely needed. This means we will likely be installing new offensive and defensive systems. And most likely, the new coach will not make drastic changes to his system to fit out personell. That means, more players will be needed to get us on the right track.

Fortunatly, I think we do have some good young players. It won't be a total rebuild. We have some talented young guys on the OL, at WR, and on defense that with proper coaching will form a solid core.

Best case, playoffs in 2012.
Really?

Maybe thats why I've been downloading every Stanford, Washington, Auburn, and Arkansas game I could find for the LAST TWO MONTHS.
Mallet will be a bust.
In this division, I think they are only a qb away. Seattle is done after this year, Arizona is going to be rebuilding and irrelevant for a while. St louis is on its way up as bradford is better than most expect. The niners only two glaring needs are secondary and a qb. And to win this division, only a qb away.

To win a playoff game, I would agree they need at least 5 starters

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING BOUT
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why you don't say
This will be our QB next year

Share 49ersWebzone