LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.
Finally someone sane speaks up. I don't understand how the "true" fans don't understand long term success for us means getting rid of Sing.

because the "true fans" and the "real fans" are smart enough to figure out that Singeltary is gone this season no matter what(unless we win the superbowl at which at that point would mean that Singletary isn't as bad as we thought). What the "true fans" and the "real fans" can't understand is how you actually call yourself a fan when you are rooting for the team to lose? Isn't that the exact opposite of being a fan? I'm not a fan of the Cowboys and guess what, I root for them to lose. I am not a fan of the Packers, Jets, Raiders, and a lot of other teams. Guess what I root for those teams to lose every single week.

I AM
a fan of the San Fransisco 49ers and I have been since the day I was born. Guess what? I ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN EVERY SINGLE f**kING WEEK!!!!!! NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS, WHO THE QB IS, NO MATTER WHO THE GOD DAMN WATER BOY IS. This team does not need "FANS" that are rooting against them. So if this is your definition of being a fan, please do the rest of us a favor by leaving the forum and finding another team to be a "FAN" of. Preferably the Cowboys, Packers, Jets or any other team I do not like because personally I feel they could use as many people rooting for them to lose as possible. [/b]

[ Edited by backontop on Dec 2, 2010 at 02:02:23 ]
Originally posted by backontop:
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.
Finally someone sane speaks up. I don't understand how the "true" fans don't understand long term success for us means getting rid of Sing.

because the "true fans" and the "real fans" are smart enough to figure out that Singeltary is gone this season no matter what(unless we win the superbowl at which at that point would mean that Singletary isn't as bad as we thought). What the "true fans" and the "real fans" can't understand is how you actually call yourself a fan when you are rooting for the team to lose? Isn't that the exact opposite of being a fan? I'm not a fan of the Cowboys and guess what, I root for them to lose. I am not a fan of the Packers, Jets, Raiders, and a lot of other teams. Guess what I root for those teams to lose every single week.

I AM
a fan of the San Fransisco 49ers and I have been since the day I was born. Guess what? I ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN EVERY SINGLE f**kING WEEK!!!!!! NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS, WHO THE QB IS, NO MATTER WHO THE GOD DAMN WATER BOY IS. This team does not need "FANS" that are rooting against them. So if this is your definition of being a fan, please do the rest of us a favor by leaving the forum and finding another team to be a "FAN" of. Preferably the Cowboys, Packers, Jets or any other team I do not like because personally I feel they could use as many people rooting for them to lose as possible. [/b]

Ya right. If you watch baseball you are probably a Yankees fan too right. You are no fan. Whether it is future or present you should ALWAYS want the Niners to win you idiot. (to MADDOG)

[ Edited by NastyNinerFan on Dec 2, 2010 at 03:33:27 ]
really! 41% of so called fans want the 49ers to lose? WTF kind of fans are you if you are rooting for your team to lose?
We are the smart fans. What are you?
really! 41% of so called fans want the 49ers to lose? WTF kind of fans are you if you are rooting for your team to lose?

the smart fans? How does rooting for your so called favorite team to lose make you smart? Please enlighten me on this. Let me take a guess at it first. You want us to lose so Singletary gets fired right? You call yourself the smart fans but yet you can't even recognize the fact that Singeltary is out of here despite if we win or lose. But yeaa you're the "smart fans" You keep on telling yourself that and maybe one day your IQ will have more than 1 digit.
I see this post has alot of Zoners uptight. Many folks on here are very sensitive over this topic. People know deep down if there FANS or not for our team. I think this poll was really about your intial feeling. Of course you don't want to see our guys loose. Some people here need to relax.

the smart fans? How does rooting for your so called favorite team to lose make you smart? Please enlighten me on this. Let me take a guess at it first. You want us to lose so Singletary gets fired right? You call yourself the smart fans but yet you can't even recognize the fact that Singeltary is out of here despite if we win or lose. But yeaa you're the "smart fans" You keep on telling yourself that and maybe one day your IQ will have more than 1 digit.
Well, ok. If your the smart fan then I know you can have documented proof that Singletary's going to be fired even if we win out. Can you please provide a link?

If you can't provide documentation then you have proven my point.

The only GUARANTEED way to get Sing fired is to lose games. That is the only thing that ensures we are freed from Sing's chains. The only way.

Now please provide me with your absolute and verifiable proof that Sing gets fired even if they win out.
Where is your proof that he's gone if we lose? I want written documentation signed by Jed. If you don't have that then you're speculating as much as us that think he's gone either way. Cheer for your team or your not a fan. period.
Originally posted by NastyNinerFan:

I AM

Ya right. If you watch baseball you are probably a Yankees fan too right. You are no fan. Whether it is future or present you should ALWAYS want the Niners to win you idiot. (to MADDOG)

I am confused. Are you calling me an idiot or someone else? Just checking.

I AM

Until Singletary is officially gone, he is not. And, the only way to push the team so far that it has zero option of retaining him is complete and utter failure.

When the team decides to fire him, and move in a new direction, then the team has hope. Until then, I hope it gets so ugly that a Nolan-like survival run (win 4 of the last 6) is not going to happen.

Lose, lose ugly, lose often, lose in humiliating fashion....then we can begin to win, win big, win often, win in glorious fashion. Not a complicated equation.

I guess some people enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. This franchise has been embarrassed enough with Pants-Gate, the quitting of three players, the banning of a TV reporter, the flip-flop of Singletary's statement/decision on Raye, Singletary's flip/flop on his statements on Alex Smith, Singletary's poor on-field decision making, the regression of the defense, the insistance to put players on the field who are not ready, then pull them, shocked they didn't perform at a high level (Mays), while keeping others on the field who have no business (Rachal). And, I am probably leaving off a host of other things that have been a colossal disaster in 2010.

Aren't you embarrassed enough by this coach? Don't you want it to be so bad the team fires him today, rather than hope he gets fired down the road? I do. End this pathetic game, fire this guy, and move on. Until then, tank in glorious, humiliating fashion.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 2, 2010 at 08:22:44 ]
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Of course I want the team to win, what a ridiculous question.

They're not going to get rid of Singletary before the season ends, there is no one to replace him right now. Even if Singletary wins out (which he won't), they're going to get rid of him and go in a different direction.

The fact that if the team wins, it'll be in spite of Singletary and not because of him.

That fact would be more encouraging to a potential head coach than if they had no talent at all (like just before Mike Nolan got here). There is some talent here, it's just being misused and underutilized.

You're setting yourself for a major letdown. If we make it to the playoffs, and win at least one game, Singletary is going to be retained. Fans that blame the head coach on everything aren't really taken serious by organizations, and results are all that matters. Eagles Fans have been calling for Andy Reid's head for years, and he keeps his job because he produces wins, simple as that.

You should read more... win or lose, they definitely are not going to keep him.

Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Of course I want the team to win, what a ridiculous question.

They're not going to get rid of Singletary before the season ends, there is no one to replace him right now. Even if Singletary wins out (which he won't), they're going to get rid of him and go in a different direction.

The fact that if the team wins, it'll be in spite of Singletary and not because of him.

That fact would be more encouraging to a potential head coach than if they had no talent at all (like just before Mike Nolan got here). There is some talent here, it's just being misused and underutilized.

You're setting yourself for a major letdown. If we make it to the playoffs, and win at least one game, Singletary is going to be retained. Fans that blame the head coach on everything aren't really taken serious by organizations, and results are all that matters. Eagles Fans have been calling for Andy Reid's head for years, and he keeps his job because he produces wins, simple as that.

You should read more... win or lose, they definitely are not going to keep him.

You can't really be serious can you? I dont care what you think you read, using your ability to reason, you will come to the same conclusion I did in my previous post if the above scenario happens.
Originally posted by Rivers77:
True fan? Wow. Really?

The great thing about America is that we are all entitled to opinions. I've been a 49er fan since 1987. I haven't gone anywhere during the bad years and I don't plan on it either.

I didn't want Singletary to be our coach when the team performed well during his interim days and he's done nothing to change my mind on the matter. I hoped he would do well, but I thought realistically he wouldn't in the grand scheme of things. I also wanted Alex Smith to do well, but he failed to live up to expectations as well.

Sometimes when you change jobs, you have to take a pay cut in order to gain valuable skills in order to garner greater promotions in the long run. What I'm saying by this is that I feel the 49ers would be a better ball club in the long run with Andrew Luck. Mind you, it's just my opinion and it could be wrong. No one is perfect at pinpointing these things, not even the "experts". I believe that Luck is going to be a superstar and the thought of facing Bradford and Luck twice a year doesn't sit well with me, especially when he could be playing for this team.

That being said I couldn't ask the 49ers to tank. You can't do that. Fifty-three men are playing for their very livelihoods. They want to keep their jobs and succeed. As a fan do I want them to lose? Well, I did, but the chances of landing Luck now are pretty slim. I wasn't hoping they would lose, because I want them to be bad. I wanted it because I felt they'd be better in the long run. I want my team to be a consistent winner. Which would you rather have, a string of meaningless victories in 2010 or a decade plus of winning?

At the end of the day we both want what's best for our team. We just had two different views on how to get there.

Waffle much?

~Ceadder
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
if you want the 9ers to lose you are not a 49er fan.
Originally posted by mike49ersgo:
Yes, after the 5th straight loss, and after hearing from the national media, local media, the team yep we are going to be a playoff contender, and I was drinking gallons of this Kool-Aide, that was it. I have seen the same show for the last 4 years plus. ENOUGH!!

I have been a niner fan for 40 plus years, Scott Bull, John Brodie, Steve Spurier, Joe Montana....

~Ceadder
Originally posted by jrg:
Anybody that voted "Yes" for this needs to be banned, IMO.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone