There are 213 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Green Bay Packers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by 190836:
So coach, why did you opt to run the ball three times before the half with 56 seconds on the clock?

Coach: I don't know, I'll have to look at the film.

man this joke is getting old

-9fA

You know whats getting old is eight freaking losing seasons.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
The idiot Jed York spoke again, per Matt maiocco's twitt,
49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.

This is a good thing. I know everyone hates Sing and wants his ass out the door (me included), but can you imagine if MJ came in........decided to give Alex Smith another shot, and the team ended up winning 3 of its last 4 to end the season (sound familiar ?).....

Jed and Co. would be convinced (as usual) that the Niners have turned a page, would likely give MJ an extension (he's cheap).....sign Alex Smith to another contract, and we go back to square one for another 3 seasons.

This team needs to go down in flames, and Sing's incompetence assures that......and guarantees that he and Alex Smith will get the boot at season's end.

For sure! Please don't throw Alex back in there to muddle up the decision choices.

Exactly. Not a knock on Alex, but he serves no purpose in coming back to play. We could sit here and argue which Smith gives us a better opportunity to win, but no one can debate that both are C grades at best. We're not looking to make a Superbowl run, but rather the rest of the season is an evaluation tool on who should/could stay for next season. Alex Smith does not deserve to stay in a Niner uniform. The guy will play under pressure just based on his past. He'll be booed everytime he takes a snap, and fans will be quick to blame him everytime he miscues. He needs a fresh start, and so do we. Giving him another shot does nothing but confuse the Yorks into possible extending him, and that is a mistake.
total yards SF: 269yds

total yards GB: 410yds (274yds passing, 136 yards rushing)

sf: 3/12(25%) on 3rd down GB: 9-15(60%)

T.O.P: sf 22:49 GB: 37:11

we suck in all phases. from the front office to the coaches to much of the personnel...we just dont do very many things right...ever
DBs suck, especially the safeties.

O-line played great today, but their run blocking was iffy, thats probably cuz they kept stacking the box when we ran.

Troy has the ability to make great plays at times, but he misses waaaay too many targets and holds onto the ball for too long.

Davis was great, but he had that crucial drop. Crabtree played well when he got chances, then we stopped passing it to him.

Coaching is terrible
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
So coach, why did you opt to run the ball three times before the half with 56 seconds on the clock?

Coach: I don't know, I'll have to look at the film.

man this joke is getting old

-9fA

Until he stops saying it, people will keep quoting..
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I just saw this, and it sounds EXACTLY like how our team plays. I wish Singletary were this open about the team sucking.

Singletary for all his holy BS and the cross around his neck wouldn't have the balls to be that honest.

Has he ever taken even a smidgen of the blame?
49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.

This is a good thing. I know everyone hates Sing and wants his ass out the door (me included), but can you imagine if MJ came in........decided to give Alex Smith another shot, and the team ended up winning 3 of its last 4 to end the season (sound familiar ?).....

Jed and Co. would be convinced (as usual) that the Niners have turned a page, would likely give MJ an extension (he's cheap).....sign Alex Smith to another contract, and we go back to square one for another 3 seasons.

This team needs to go down in flames, and Sing's incompetence assures that......and guarantees that he and Alex Smith will get the boot at season's end.

For sure! Please don't throw Alex back in there to muddle up the decision choices.

Exactly. Not a knock on Alex, but he serves no purpose in coming back to play. We could sit here and argue which Smith gives us a better opportunity to win, but no one can debate that both are C grades at best. We're not looking to make a Superbowl run, but rather the rest of the season is an evaluation tool on who should/could stay for next season. Alex Smith does not deserve to stay in a Niner uniform. The guy will play under pressure just based on his past. He'll be booed everytime he takes a snap, and fans will be quick to blame him everytime he miscues. He needs a fresh start, and so do we. Giving him another shot does nothing but confuse the Yorks into possible extending him, and that is a mistake.

Maybe that makes him the better back QB?
Originally posted by jreff22:
I think front management needs to WITNESS just how bad this team really is. For the past 5 years, the s**t we've put forth on the field has given hope by playing good at season's end. That gives the front office the impression that we are ready to take it to the next level, and they let things be.

It's about time this ship sank, along with Sing, Manusky, Alex Smith, and everyone else thats been holding this team back for the past 7 years. If anything good cam,e from the Nolan era, it was that he put some pieces in place for the long haul. Hopefully, we keep our 3 headed monster (running backs) in check, and keep our LB core intact.

What we need is a coach that can put all the pieces together and make it work. I know some people feel that Harbaugh is the right choice, but how different is he from any other inexperienced head coach ? We'll be taking a shot in the dark, as we have been since 2005..........and this is NOT what this team needs.

Gruden has proven he can take a mess, and transform it into an acceptable unit. He did it in Oakland with a washed up Gannon, Tim Brown, Bruce Garner, and Jerry Rice. He took TB to its first Superbowl win after Dungy failed at it in years prior.

He is the right fit for this team. He knows offense.......he will draft a good young QB to develop.....sign a vet (possibly Kolb or McNabb) to buy us time to develop that young QB, and utilize all our pieces in the form of the WCO (thus promoting our "legacy" as Steve Young alluded to earlier this week).

No more tradeoffs, guessing games, shots in the dark. Its time to win, and we due it by purging the garbage on this roster. Out with Sing, MJ, Manusky. Out with Alex Smith, Goldson, Rachal, and every other POS on this roster that has not contributed accordingly.

The West is still young and naive, and can still be won quite easily for the next 2-3 years. We dont need to build from the bottom up. We need to rebuild from top down. And that is a lot easier to do than the s**t Bill Walsh had to work with back when he joined the team.

Kolb would cost way to much to trade for and McNabb was extended. Looking for good vets may no be a possibility. I would argue that he took Tony's team to the Superbowl, he didn't build them from scratch.

In many coaches/analysts/players/fans point of view, Tony Dungy is considered to be a better coach than Jon Gruden. The difference in TB was that Dungy could not get his team over the top. Gruden didnt change much from when he took over, and although you could argue that Gruden took Dungy's team to the SB, we could also interpret it as Gruden finishing what Dungy couldnt. The reason I feel comfortable saying that is because Gruden did a similar job in Oakland. He took a team of has-beens and made them into contenders. He has the fire and the knowledge to be a great NFL coach. Even when the Miami rumors were swirling earlier this week, the majority of analysts had a laugh......everyone knew that it would be a waste of Gruden's talents for him to "downgrade" himself to college level ball.

As for a vet pickup, another reason why I like Gruden's system. He took 2 guys with average skills (Gannon and Johnson), and made them probowlers. He doesnt require the best arm or leg(s) in his QB position. His scheme is simple enough that teams can execute it within one year of implementation. Yeah, having a McNabb or a Kolb would be a pipedream (and Gruden might be the job to pull off those trades, as McNabb's situation is precarious in Was, and Kolb seems to be playing second fiddle to Vick in Phi), but Gruden is more than capable of finding the right guy to cover the bases until a future prospectis developed.

Would YOU respect the Gruden decision to retain Alex for another year?
Originally posted by mayo49:
St. Louis and Seattle are losing right now. If both lose we'll still be one back.

Carolina just scored again
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Godsleftsock.
I think front management needs to WITNESS just how bad this team really is. For the past 5 years, the s**t we've put forth on the field has given hope by playing good at season's end. That gives the front office the impression that we are ready to take it to the next level, and they let things be.

It's about time this ship sank, along with Sing, Manusky, Alex Smith, and everyone else thats been holding this team back for the past 7 years. If anything good cam,e from the Nolan era, it was that he put some pieces in place for the long haul. Hopefully, we keep our 3 headed monster (running backs) in check, and keep our LB core intact.

What we need is a coach that can put all the pieces together and make it work. I know some people feel that Harbaugh is the right choice, but how different is he from any other inexperienced head coach ? We'll be taking a shot in the dark, as we have been since 2005..........and this is NOT what this team needs.

Gruden has proven he can take a mess, and transform it into an acceptable unit. He did it in Oakland with a washed up Gannon, Tim Brown, Bruce Garner, and Jerry Rice. He took TB to its first Superbowl win after Dungy failed at it in years prior.

He is the right fit for this team. He knows offense.......he will draft a good young QB to develop.....sign a vet (possibly Kolb or McNabb) to buy us time to develop that young QB, and utilize all our pieces in the form of the WCO (thus promoting our "legacy" as Steve Young alluded to earlier this week).

No more tradeoffs, guessing games, shots in the dark. Its time to win, and we due it by purging the garbage on this roster. Out with Sing, MJ, Manusky. Out with Alex Smith, Goldson, Rachal, and every other POS on this roster that has not contributed accordingly.

The West is still young and naive, and can still be won quite easily for the next 2-3 years. We dont need to build from the bottom up. We need to rebuild from top down. And that is a lot easier to do than the s**t Bill Walsh had to work with back when he joined the team.

Kolb would cost way to much to trade for and McNabb was extended. Looking for good vets may no be a possibility. I would argue that he took Tony's team to the Superbowl, he didn't build them from scratch.

In many coaches/analysts/players/fans point of view, Tony Dungy is considered to be a better coach than Jon Gruden. The difference in TB was that Dungy could not get his team over the top. Gruden didnt change much from when he took over, and although you could argue that Gruden took Dungy's team to the SB, we could also interpret it as Gruden finishing what Dungy couldnt. The reason I feel comfortable saying that is because Gruden did a similar job in Oakland. He took a team of has-beens and made them into contenders. He has the fire and the knowledge to be a great NFL coach. Even when the Miami rumors were swirling earlier this week, the majority of analysts had a laugh......everyone knew that it would be a waste of Gruden's talents for him to "downgrade" himself to college level ball.

As for a vet pickup, another reason why I like Gruden's system. He took 2 guys with average skills (Gannon and Johnson), and made them probowlers. He doesnt require the best arm or leg(s) in his QB position. His scheme is simple enough that teams can execute it within one year of implementation. Yeah, having a McNabb or a Kolb would be a pipedream (and Gruden might be the job to pull off those trades, as McNabb's situation is precarious in Was, and Kolb seems to be playing second fiddle to Vick in Phi), but Gruden is more than capable of finding the right guy to cover the bases until a future prospectis developed.

like one Alex Smith?

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by mayo49:
St. Louis and Seattle are losing right now. If both lose we'll still be one back.

Carolina just scored again

Stop.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Is anyone even upset with this loss?

I'm not. I fully expected it. Knew they didn't have a chance in hell of winning today.

Niner losses don't even hurt me anymore, I am numb to them and the utter fail they are. There's all kinds of blame to go around, but it's hard to deny that the blame starts at the top, and rests almost fully on ownership, the front office, and then that utter failtard we have as a coach.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Maybe that makes him the better back QB?

It's too late for A. Smith to remain a QB with the 49ers after season, even as a backup. He needs a fresh start some place else, where the fanbase does not have a problem with him competing for a QB job.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Would YOU respect the Gruden decision to retain Alex for another year?

Gruden is smarter thatn that
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I just saw this, and it sounds EXACTLY like how our team plays. I wish Singletary were this open about the team sucking.

And now he has a successful career as an commentator. Go figure. Win one Superbowl as a coach and you have a career for life. Ditka never impressed me as a coach. His Bears teams always played in what was then a weak division. Remember when he traded his entire draft for Ricky Williams while coaching the Saints. What a tool.
Share 49ersWebzone