LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Green Bay Packers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
from twitter (after game):

MaioccoCSN 49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.

As if that's sayin somthing! Who cares if we win this crappy divison... What does winning this divison possibly prove!

This why our organization sucks!... the organization is satisfied with mediocracy!
  • Veteran
Jed will never be like his uncle if he is going to run his mouth like this.
Originally posted by suso365:
I'm sick of all these blame the coach posts. What would you have the coach do differently? It's easy to say it's all sings fault, but where are the examples? The defense gives up too many big plays simple, end of discussion.

Are you saying we don't need a new coaching staff?
I was very happy with the oline play today. I thought they would dominate us but we gave Troy plenty of time throughout most of the game.

Still too much running up the gut on 1st and 2nd downs.

Troy hangs onto the ball way to long and stares down wr's.

Defense is just average and I've been saying it all year long.

Terrible tackling today! it was embarassing at times and almost seemed as though we had given up.

Just another game where we got outcoached and was explained by the tv crew stating how we get owned in the 3rd quarter this year.

I think its clear that Alex should finish the season. If Alex had that much time today, I really think we could have hung in there and made it more of a game. We are playing with a reduced playbook and its gonna hurt us going foward.
I think on offense, the oline had a really solid game. What really was obvious is, that Troy can't throw an accurate pass on 4 out of 5 tries. Not that Alex has lightened anything up, i think he would look much worse. The plus on Troy is, that he takes more chances. But there are some really bad throws out there and you can smell an int almost all the time. Only keeping Troy out for his gunslinger mentality can't be right. But coaching is another thing i talk about later :)

On defense, we saw once again, that our dbs are getting grilled by better qbs and wrs. They play ok on the short and intermediate stuff most of the time but give away way too many big plays.
The pass rush was ok and so was the linebacker play (With opponents concentrating on Patrick, Spikes gets the numbers), but the dbs (especially Goldson, who just can't tackle and is out of place on so many plays) are not able to play a constant game. Even Spencer, who is our best db imo played bad today.

On special teams, Reed was good (i did not understand the short kickoff stuff though), but all the other guys played bad.
Lee had his worst punting day i have seen. And the coverage unit was crap. All the return ended around the 50 yd line.Ok, i forgot Ginn, who had some good return too.

Now the worst part : Coaching . We are absolutely not able to make changes at halftime. We are in the game and after the half, we get outscored big time. Why do we punt down 15 points in the green bay half ? We weren't able to stop the packers, so why don't we try to get the momentum back ? Why don't we stay with the run on 1st and goal ? .... I can't write down all the wtf's i had today.

Summary : This game showed, that we are a mile away from real playoff teams ( i dont count the nfc west teams here). The sad thing is, that we will stay in the hunt with a win next week. This is disgusting

[ Edited by stever on Dec 5, 2010 at 13:57:23 ]
Originally posted by 190836:
Jed will never be like his uncle if he is going to run his mouth like this.
Originally posted by kidash:
Post all post-game analysis on this thread.

heres an analysis for you mr moderator. This team suck. No qb in this league and you are toast. No good dbs in this league you are toast. No dominant passrusher you are toast. Its very easy. Oh and an oc that actually can call to your strenghts yet has an innovative mind to change it up to confuse defenses. Hopefully we dont win too many more games which will increase our draft position. This team will win 2 more games max this year. 6-10. Eveybody needs to get off the good ship lollipop and know we stink and will lose to st louis in stlouis. We can only hope.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I just saw this, and it sounds EXACTLY like how our team plays. I wish Singletary were this open about the team sucking.

Mike Ditka doesn't wear a large wooden cross on the sideline.

Mike Singletary still thinks he has the "it" that Mike Ditka admitted he didn't have anymore....
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Only down 14-13 at half and then get blown out in the second half. How many times has that happened this year?
during the Donald Driver TD, I kept playing the theme song from Benny Hill in my head: http://cosbysweaters.com/2010/12/05/donald-driver-turns-sf-49ers-into-a-bunch-of-tackling-dummies/

• ZRF80
I think front management needs to WITNESS just how bad this team really is. For the past 5 years, the s**t we've put forth on the field has given hope by playing good at season's end. That gives the front office the impression that we are ready to take it to the next level, and they let things be.

It's about time this ship sank, along with Sing, Manusky, Alex Smith, and everyone else thats been holding this team back for the past 7 years. If anything good cam,e from the Nolan era, it was that he put some pieces in place for the long haul. Hopefully, we keep our 3 headed monster (running backs) in check, and keep our LB core intact.

What we need is a coach that can put all the pieces together and make it work. I know some people feel that Harbaugh is the right choice, but how different is he from any other inexperienced head coach ? We'll be taking a shot in the dark, as we have been since 2005..........and this is NOT what this team needs.

Gruden has proven he can take a mess, and transform it into an acceptable unit. He did it in Oakland with a washed up Gannon, Tim Brown, Bruce Garner, and Jerry Rice. He took TB to its first Superbowl win after Dungy failed at it in years prior.

He is the right fit for this team. He knows offense.......he will draft a good young QB to develop.....sign a vet (possibly Kolb or McNabb) to buy us time to develop that young QB, and utilize all our pieces in the form of the WCO (thus promoting our "legacy" as Steve Young alluded to earlier this week).

No more tradeoffs, guessing games, shots in the dark. Its time to win, and we due it by purging the garbage on this roster. Out with Sing, MJ, Manusky. Out with Alex Smith, Goldson, Rachal, and every other POS on this roster that has not contributed accordingly.

The West is still young and naive, and can still be won quite easily for the next 2-3 years. We dont need to build from the bottom up. We need to rebuild from top down. And that is a lot easier to do than the s**t Bill Walsh had to work with back when he joined the team.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I think front management needs to WITNESS just how bad this team really is. For the past 5 years, the s**t we've put forth on the field has given hope by playing good at season's end. That gives the front office the impression that we are ready to take it to the next level, and they let things be.

It's about time this ship sank, along with Sing, Manusky, Alex Smith, and everyone else thats been holding this team back for the past 7 years. If anything good cam,e from the Nolan era, it was that he put some pieces in place for the long haul. Hopefully, we keep our 3 headed monster (running backs) in check, and keep our LB core intact.

What we need is a coach that can put all the pieces together and make it work. I know some people feel that Harbaugh is the right choice, but how different is he from any other inexperienced head coach ? We'll be taking a shot in the dark, as we have been since 2005..........and this is NOT what this team needs.

Gruden has proven he can take a mess, and transform it into an acceptable unit. He did it in Oakland with a washed up Gannon, Tim Brown, Bruce Garner, and Jerry Rice. He took TB to its first Superbowl win after Dungy failed at it in years prior.

He is the right fit for this team. He knows offense.......he will draft a good young QB to develop.....sign a vet (possibly Kolb or McNabb) to buy us time to develop that young QB, and utilize all our pieces in the form of the WCO (thus promoting our "legacy" as Steve Young alluded to earlier this week).

No more tradeoffs, guessing games, shots in the dark. Its time to win, and we due it by purging the garbage on this roster. Out with Sing, MJ, Manusky. Out with Alex Smith, Goldson, Rachal, and every other POS on this roster that has not contributed accordingly.

The West is still young and naive, and can still be won quite easily for the next 2-3 years. We dont need to build from the bottom up. We need to rebuild from top down. And that is a lot easier to do than the s**t Bill Walsh had to work with back when he joined the team.

Agree! Gruden would know how to use that Walsh video archive that Steve Young keeps talking about
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by suso365:
I'm sick of all these blame the coach posts. What would you have the coach do differently? It's easy to say it's all sings fault, but where are the examples? The defense gives up too many big plays simple, end of discussion.

No, it's not that damn simple. The offense misses opportunities, the defense gest put in terrible situations week in and week out.

Its very simple you go in at halftime and say we are doing this good and that not good and adjust like every team starting with Kansas City has done to us at halftime but we just stay the course

Bill Cowher said that we have a very talented team on the CBS post game show today, which I was kinda suprised to here him say.

I strongly believe our coaching is the problem not the players. The coaches are supposed to game plan to put the players in miss matches so they can be successfull, this does not happen on the 9ers. Look at the Patriots, Brady was hert for a whole year, they pluged in Cassell and the offense never skipped a beat. I could talk for a long time about why our coaches suck but I don't have the energy! Just read all of the other posts about why our coaches suck!
NFL Veteran HC.

Wade Phillips for DC.

I'll give Mike Johnson another chance -- I really don't know if he's calling the plays 100% without Singletary blocking his gameplan.

However, if it is MJ doing it, scrap him for someone else.

New DB coach, please.
New QB coach, please.
New LB coach, please.
Another damn loss to the Packers. I am beyond fed up with this. How is it that we always save some bone headed plays to present to the Packers every friggin time. Someone explain how in the hell since 95 we cant come up with at least one blow out win over GB. Hell even in years when the Bears are bad they can scrape up a win against them.
I have lost all faith in this team and organization. Even Rome fell I know but in a league where teams turn it around often how can we continously fall on our faces. Absolutely disgusted with almost every aspect of this team from owners to players. In a year when the NFC is wide open and we were supposed to contend, we absolutely and completely fall apart. This is just embarassing.
Share 49ersWebzone