LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Green Bay Packers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
QBs, DBs and Coaching sucks

Takeo had 17 tackles today

Anthony Davis basically shutdown Clay Matthews

I hate Dashon Goldson.

this about sums it up

Ons of Sing's major coaching failures has been remaining with Goldson and not developing T. Mays. It does not take a bunch to figure out how terrible Goldson is.

Goldson, the biggest failure this year, IMO. I cannot express how disappointing he is.

i bought his jersey . major fail for me

Sorry, dude. Maybe the cloth will be worth something.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bakefootball:
Jeff Reed played well!

plus he looks fat
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Sing said I have to look at film 9 times.

I bet you the film is still in the roll on his desk and he just stares at it trying to will it to float and get on the projector

[ Edited by 9er2k on Dec 5, 2010 at 13:38:16 ]
Originally posted by golfing9er:
Personally I think pretty much everything we saw today we already knew. The defense is a below average group that gives up the big play far too often. The offensive line is streaky at best, and Troy Smith holds the ball too long and does not make good decisions.

The coaching was poor as usual throughout the game. Johnson's playcalling was suspect and clearly we did not adjust in the ways we had to at the half.

I suppose the one thing I did learn is that Troy Smith is really bad in the Red Zone. The kid needs some serious work in that area. I personally think Alex is the better QB. But Troy is the better athlete, and that his willingness to try to make plays makes it worth continuing to start him.

All this being said... we are probably THE worst coached team in the NFL. I like the ability of our backs and receivers. I think we clearly need to scrap the coaching staff, but other than that we really just need a QB and a defensive back. This team rips my heart out every single week. But we're close and I'm not about to lose faith now.

Rathman can stay
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
from twitter (after game):

MaioccoCSN 49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.

anything else....would be uncivilized
  • Veteran
The idiot Jed York spoke again, per Matt maiocco's twitt,
49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
1. Ive seen enough out of Troy Smith, good back up at best. I'd consider turning back to Alex Smith, he sees the field better and can spread it around especially in the gun, although Troy does keep a play alive with his feet. horrible game by Troy Smith

2. Anthony Davis had the game of his young career, handled his side of the line..

3. Dixon fell maybe 5 times today, not what u expect from an NFL RB

4. Westbrook needs more touches, PERIOD.

5. OC Mike Johnson had me scratching my head on a few series..

6. If i were Manusky Id be screaming at the defense, especially the Dbs I would be in there face. got torched all day and sloppy efforts in tackling..

7. Singletary is not the answer..

8. Ginn has found his rythem in both the KR and PR game..

9. Both Vernon Davis and Crabtree need to be targeted more..

10. have to root for CAR and AZ to have a realistic shot

whats the point, i wouldnt want this team going into the post season. this team is a effin joke.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by suso365:
I'm sick of all these blame the coach posts. What would you have the coach do differently? It's easy to say it's all sings fault, but where are the examples? The defense gives up too many big plays simple, end of discussion.

No, it's not that damn simple. The offense misses opportunities week after week, year after year, the defense gets put in terrible situations week in and week out, year after year.

If we had a top 3-5 defense, this team would still 99.9 % not be able to contend. That should pretty much say it all right there.

The defense is good enough to contend, the offense is not. The offense is last in the league in points scored, what does that say? Now that is pretty f**king simple.

[ Edited by Blitz on Dec 5, 2010 at 13:42:48 ]
Safety play was beyond bad.
at this rate the franchise is worth more to the Dorks if they sell it now rather than waiting til attendance is at a league low each week...denial can be a dangerous thing

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by suso365:
I'm sick of all these blame the coach posts. What would you have the coach do differently? It's easy to say it's all sings fault, but where are the examples? The defense gives up too many big plays simple, end of discussion.

No, it's not that damn simple. The offense misses opportunities, the defense gest put in terrible situations week in and week out.

Its very simple you go in at halftime and say we are doing this good and that not good and adjust like every team starting with Kansas City has done to us at halftime but we just stay the course
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
1. Ive seen enough out of Troy Smith, good back up at best. I'd consider turning back to Alex Smith, he sees the field better and can spread it around especially in the gun, although Troy does keep a play alive with his feet. horrible game by Troy Smith

2. Anthony Davis had the game of his young career, handled his side of the line..

3. Dixon fell maybe 5 times today, not what u expect from an NFL RB

4. Westbrook needs more touches, PERIOD.

5. OC Mike Johnson had me scratching my head on a few series..

6. If i were Manusky Id be screaming at the defense, especially the Dbs I would be in there face. got torched all day and sloppy efforts in tackling..

7. Singletary is not the answer..

8. Ginn has found his rythem in both the KR and PR game..

9. Both Vernon Davis and Crabtree need to be targeted more..

10. have to root for CAR and AZ to have a realistic shot

whats the point, i wouldnt want this team going into the post season. this team is a effin joke.

These are mostly good points but I doubt we yell at the DBs...we've known how weak that unit is since pre-season. Manusky has done a fair job of trying to minimize the impact of it.
I think all of you zoners touched on some glaring flaw or another that continues to mark this current team.....or should I say organization.

The real problem with the Niners right now is ownership (as if you didn't know)... The Yorks see the NFL as a business and in one sense it is. However, if an owner just sees it that myopic way, the passion for the game is missing....and that is what really separates good teams from poor ones....in any sport.
Owners that absolutely hate losing don't tend to tolerate it much and their teams become winners. Eddie D won because he didn't tolerate losing....and until the Niners ownership has that attitude, they will be losers. Until the Yorks are ready to spend the money to put a top quality front office in place (and then stay the hell out of the way), this will a second rate franchise.

It may be a cliche but it is true.....it all begins at the top.
I just saw this, and it sounds EXACTLY like how our team plays. I wish Singletary were this open about the team sucking.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
The idiot Jed York spoke again, per Matt maiocco's twitt,
49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.

Jed York needs this.....
Share 49ersWebzone