LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Reason why we lost the first 5 games???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Reason why we lost the first 5 games???

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This board is primed for a major meltdown when Troy Smith returns to being Troy Smith, not John Elway, as we saw last week.

He is simply not that good people, and we are simply not good enough to begin considering playoff talk. In fact, how about we hold off playoff talk until we win ONE road game.

I think the meltdown has already happened many times over, and even Elway would have trouble getting this team to the playoffs at 3-6. So what is your point?
I would say Sing followed by DB's
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
What do you think the main reason we lost the first 5 games?

unimagination on offense. sing not an offensive coach. Sing will not take chances. Sing clings to running game too much. Sing screwed up on first rounder Anthony Davis when brian bulaga was still on the board.

We no longer have Bill Walsh
Originally posted by nothing03:
There shoulda been Sing, A. Smith, and Raye.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
This board is primed for a major meltdown when Troy Smith returns to being Troy Smith, not John Elway, as we saw last week.

He is simply not that good people, and we are simply not good enough to begin considering playoff talk. In fact, how about we hold off playoff talk until we win ONE road game.

I'm a little more open minded about Troy, but while I tend to agree with your other thoughts here, why bother to dampen the expectations of others? Let them find instant gratification and hope... however empty it may be.

MD is a realist and very grounded. That's expected and sometimes admired. Me? I am the crazy optimist always trying to find the good in a pile of crap--you know like fiber.

We have to continue winning in order for him to see the light otherwise in his eyes this is a flash in the pan with Troy.

I have always believed that life molds us in so many different ways when we pay attention and allow it, sometimes we don't have a choice in the matter.

Why can't Troy grow and mature while honing his skills? Why can't he be human and sometimes regress? Why can't we believe that Troy just may be able to pull this thing out and provide some daring consistency while doing it?

--Two games is not enough to showcase he's got what it takes?

This forum doesn't need Troy to fail to meltdown....

It does it on its own!

Right, and also; How does anyone really know how much more TS can do, how much further he can progress? I don't get it, what MD and a few others have the real crystal ball, can see into the future, what?

These absolute statements of him failing for sure, and we will all be sorry for getting excited after seeing a QB actually do enough to win, and importantly get the team high enough to play at an increased level, are truly humorous.

Gosh if I knew as much as those guys I could make a mil$ in the lottery. Oh wait, no one knows what numbers will come up. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hope for the best then, and wait and see..

NINERS! The Bucs are goin down!!!
Originally posted by bmartorella:
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
What do you think the main reason we lost the first 5 games?

unimagination on offense. sing not an offensive coach. Sing will not take chances. Sing clings to running game too much. Sing screwed up on first rounder Anthony Davis when brian bulaga was still on the board.

We no longer have Bill Walsh

Watch the highlights but Davis has the talent and the feet plus arms are long he held the defender at bay why a guy fell down in between them lol bulaga.

i like davis the kid his feet are quick he's like a bear out there dancing, it's all mental he's 20 it will click give him a break. Mike well he's just amazing but 3 years older and a talented guard but davis could be the next clady.

Image one day those 2 at the top of there games playing next to each other throwing people around!
Originally posted by nothing03:
There shoulda been Sing, A. Smith, and Raye.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Mike Nolan

This.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TheTruth:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I don't recall any other QB fighting against things and still getting us the win.

I do... his name was Shaun Hill, and he had some of you very excited... until defenses had enough film on him to shut him down and send him off as a 2011 7th round value.

I meant in terms of in-game. All of his wins were games when everything else on offense was clicking. He never won a game like the DEN game when our own Playcalling put our offense in a rut and forced the QB to make big plays to win it or like the STL game where the offense AND defense continuously shot itself in the foot.

As for defenses figuring Hill out, I still feel it had more to do with Raye's playcalling than anything. Hill was and is able to throw a 35 yard pass with accuracy but Raye never had him consistently attempting those.

I still think the Bucs game is going to be a challenge for Troy if they don't stack the box. We will see if he can take advantage of the short middle of the field which is what the Bucs allow most. However, they have given up a lot of big plays.

I'm still waiting for us to out coach another team.
Maybe Sunday, but again I think it will fall on our players to make them look salvageable.

I think we out coached the Rams. The penalties hurt us more than anything. Also, the decision to go for it on 4th and 18 was HUGE. We were only down by 4 was it? And there was still 2 minutes remaining on the clock. I bet if we had a better record, we get the 3 points and try to stop their offense and try to get the ball back.

Out coached... Again!!!

Let the meltdown begin.

The Troy Smith story is a great one, and I still think he is a decent QB. However, to overcome the bumbling ways of Singletary is way too much to expect. I feel bad for the kid.

This poll has only 21% voting that Singletary is the problem. Funny!

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 21, 2010 at 19:40:50 ]

Let the meltdown begin.

The Troy Smith story is a great one, and I still think he is a decent QB. However, to overcome the bumbling ways of Singletary is way too much to expect. I feel bad for the kid.

This game is not on Troy Smith
Share 49ersWebzone