LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Troy Smith blows it up for four TD's and 350+ passing performance that will forever erase the stain of five years of misery.

Niner defense will rise to the occassion and strangle the Bucs. I do not expect this one to be close. The Niners are gaining confidence. And when good players start to gain confidence in one another -- blowouts happen.

49ers: 45
Bucs: 10

Does this mean that Anthony Davis gets benched and ALL of his TD's count this time?
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
CLE 14 @ TB 17
TB 20 @ CAR 7
PIT 38 @ TB 13 Final
TB 24 @ CIN 21
NO 31 @ TB 6
STL 17 @ TB 18
TB 38 @ ARI 35
TB 21 @ ATL 27
CAR 16 @ TB 31

look at the losses they've had, to teams with winning records, wins have been by 3 over the browns, 3 over the bengals, 1 over the clams, 3 over the cards, to name a few, i'm not impressed and honestly think if we dont commit as many penalties and stay away from turnovers we got this. Charlie Batch torched them because their start safety is suspended for the rest of the year for gettin high

the only thing that scares me about tampa is when they go play action. freeman has a great arm and can easily throw it over goldson's dumbass

Yup Yup. One more thing Freeman is very clutch. Most of his wins are come from behind in the 4th Quarter. Few weeks ago I saw his stats on the 4th Quarter which is pretty good. We better be leading at least 2 td's in the 4th or our prevent D will give them the game.

That is scary because our defense tends to just disappear in the 4th quarter. The game is on the line guys lets not let these guys scor....oh damn it we did it again!!! If it wasn't for the soft ass defense we would have a few more wins.
think the only way troy does a repeat performance is with mjohn continuing to open it up for him. not necessarily just taking shots downfield - we already have plays that run intermediate to deep routes...but we REALLY need to get to a point of spreading the ball more effectively underneath, in the flat, and trick plays in the backfield. tall order being mid-way thru the season, but we've been way too predictable and even now with a deep threat you still need to dictate the offense and control the game. if not, the defense surely will and i'm not convinced troy is totally up to par calling adjustments on his reads. just watching not only vick tonite, but how reid has really fit his players into a modernized wco. at this point i'll bet even frank would trade in his bellcow role for a winning record.
If we:

a. run in down their throats
b. win the TOP battle with at least 35 minutes
c. don't turn it over

we win. I think Frank is going to have a monster game with 200+ all-purpose yards and a couple TDs.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
If we:

c. don't turn it over

we win. I think Frank is going to have a monster game with 200+ all-purpose yards and a couple TDs.

Generally speaking, that's the formula for success in any game. But the big-play or just the threat of the big play allows you to run and sustain drives.

200+ yd from Gore is a too much, but you never know. I'd rather see a 100 yd game and more influence on play-action passing. Keep the defense guessing and building up both Troy and the playmakers' confidence.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If we:

c. don't turn it over

Generally speaking, that's the formula for success in any game. But the big-play or just the threat of the big play allows you to run and sustain drives.

200+ yd from Gore is a too much, but you never know. I'd rather see a 100 yd game and more influence on play-action passing. Keep the defense guessing and building up both Troy and the playmakers' confidence.

i think this is gonna happen if were gonna win this one. its gotta be a team effort, not just one guy. Gore will get over the 100 yard mark i think but were gonna need troy to spread it out to our play makers. Tampa is a good team but theyre at our level. theyve been blown out a few times and most of their wins have come on close, close games. games that we've ended up on the losing end of so i think were pretty equal. its gonna be a good game but i think we have enough weapons to expose them.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If we:

c. don't turn it over

I agree with all that, and in fact I hope to see just that. Watching Troy play is exciting, something we haven't seen at the QB position in a long, long time. I hate to see the team overuse Frank, but keep in mind that Sing is involved in the game planing and knows he has one of the best backs in the league going against one of the worst run defenses in the league. It's too good a matchup for him to pass up on. We'll start the game off pounding the rock, and if it works, which it should, we will stick with it. I have a feeling we're going to see some big runs, especially in the second half. This isn't my preference, just what I see happening. My only preference is a W.
See what Bucs fans are saying.

Link
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Link

Meh some posters over there are blowing us off and others are actually thinking logically. One poster had the nerve to say Troy Smith has a weak arm that has no zip

Link

They would laugh at some of the things we're saying about them.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Link

yes but they seem to think that we don't have the talent to keep up with their so called "potent offense"
exploit their run D and toss the ball off play action to our skill players
Originally posted by backontop:

Link

yes but they seem to think that we don't have the talent to keep up with their so called "potent offense"

because Blount>Gore...williams>crabtree..winslow> vernon all of those are obvious we're going to lose 100- -5 and troy smith is worse than Alex
tampa bay is 31st in run D FRANK GORE TIMEEE
Originally posted by backontop:

Link

because Blount>Gore...williams>crabtree..winslow> vernon all of those are obvious we're going to lose 100- -5 and troy smith is worse than Alex

"They've played good teams tough.. but that was with Alex Smith at QB.. He has talent.. Smith does not."
Share 49ersWebzone