LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think we can beat them but we need to clean up the penalties.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Goldson38:
Niners 27 Bucs 17

only if you dont let RBs go right by you and actually do something in pass protection!

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Niners 27 Bucs 17

only if you dont let RBs go right by you and actually do something in pass protection!

Goldson would rather spend his time posting on the zone than studying film. That explains a lot.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The Bucs have only beat teams with losing records. I know we have a losing record but i think we're the best losing team they've faced and they'll have to fly all the way over to the west coast to play.

I still don't quite expect a win but if we have 0 TOs and try to get to a respectable amount of penalties we should have a chance. but mental mistakes are killing us and they haven't gotten any better.
We're gonna win! I can feel it!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners 27 Bucs 17

Goldson would rather spend his time posting on the zone than studying film. That explains a lot.

I think the guy tweets a lot. We need discipline all around... I don't know what happened with Singletary. He'd rather yell at the refs than our players and coaches.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 15, 2010 at 16:51:40 ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners 27 Bucs 17

I think the guy tweets a lot. We need discipline all around... I don't know what happened with Singletary. He'd rather yell at the refs than our players and coaches.

P.Willis tweets.

he will kill you, so don't even think it.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

P.Willis tweets.

he will kill you, so don't even think it.

I wasn't necessarily saying the tweets, just saying we need discipline on the field. Although, if I was a coach I would think about not letting my players mess around with that stuff. Honestly, Willis has come a long way (I am sure most heard his story) and I hope he doesn't let success go to his head. I doubt he will but a lot of players have. Willis is having a good year but isn't really putting up the sacks, ints, ff that we want. He's getting the tackles though... think it's partly because Manusky doesn't blitz him enough and he is often in coverage.
Well, I wouldn't say I'm confident that our 9ers will win this game, but I'll say we should be right there at the end...

1) Tampa Bay ranks 2nd last in the league in rushing defense. We should be able to run Frank wherever, however we want ALL DAY. Hopefully, M.J. continues to develop and throws in some QB bootlegs and Troy continues to take advantage of play action and hit his receives downfield with those lightning bolts.

2) P-Willy was ALL OVER S-Jack yesterday, so I see no reason to believe that either Blount or Cadillac have any success against our run defense. Bottom line, we make Blount pay for his snub...

3) Manny has played well these past few weeks, so I look for him to help take Winslow out of the game. I also have a feeling that Goldson is due for a big game and he's gonna lay the wood on Tampa's young receivers and anyone coming down the middle.

4) Tampa Bay's pass rush (sack totals) are also near the bottom of the league, so, despite the concerns regarding our offensive line, I see our young RT making up for his huge mistakes against St. Louis. Also, while Staley is our long-term rock at LT, we need to remember that Sims filled in more than admirably last year when we needed him. Either way, Troy Smith seems to thrive under a bit of pressure, so bring it on...

My only real concern is Freeman's own ability to extend plays and connect with his young, talented receiving corp. I see Freeman connecting on deep passes against us AT LEAST two times next week. Still, we dominate in every other facet of the game and win another nailbiter.

49ers 27, Tampa Bay 23.

Shanghai'D...
Troy Smith blows it up for four TD's and 350+ passing performance that will forever erase the stain of five years of misery.

Niner defense will rise to the occassion and strangle the Bucs. I do not expect this one to be close. The Niners are gaining confidence. And when good players start to gain confidence in one another -- blowouts happen.

49ers: 45
Bucs: 10

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Troy Smith blows it up for four TD's and 350+ passing performance that will forever erase the stain of five years of misery.

Niner defense will rise to the occassion and strangle the Bucs. I do not expect this one to be close. The Niners are gaining confidence. And when good players start to gain confidence in one another -- blowouts happen.

If the Niners hadn't commited all those holding penalties they might have scored 45 against the Rams.

It was a beautiful thing to see the fire in his eyes after the Crabtree TD. The nonverbal message between Troy and his teammates when they slapped five was "we can do this".
31st in rush defense... I like that.

[ Edited by pannin4gold on Nov 15, 2010 at 18:19:03 ]
Originally posted by pannin4gold:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Arizona ruined the plot by week 12 everybody was supposed to be 4-6

if we can be tied with them by the time we play them it shouldn't matter

It's not Arizona that matters now, it's Seattle. We have to beat them to even the tiebreaker with them and we need them to lose at least one more game than us.

not true if we both finish 8-8 and beat them we would win the division because we would only have one loss in the division and they would have two(rams,us)
divsional tiebreaker rules

Yes, but that assumes that we go 5-1 in the division. We don't necessarily need to unless Seattle maintains 4-2 in division. If they fall to 3-3, then we could win it with a 4-2 division record. Either way, we need at least 4 more wins (and with 4 we need several other scenarios to happen correctly) more likely 5 and to be safe 6. And at least 3 more in-division games.

To put it another way, mathematically we don't control our fate over Seattle yet. But, we do over St. Louis and Arizona.

Meaning, we could win out and still lose the division, but we're guaranteed to place ahead of STL/ARI if we do win out.

If we win next week and Seattle loses, we will "control our fate." Meaning, as long as we win, we win the division.

[ Edited by pannin4gold on Nov 15, 2010 at 18:24:16 ]
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

If the Niners hadn't commited all those holding penalties they might have scored 45 against the Rams.

It was a beautiful thing to see the fire in his eyes after the Crabtree TD. The nonverbal message between Troy and his teammates when they slapped five was "we can do this".

Agree was great to see!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Arizona ruined the plot by week 12 everybody was supposed to be 4-6

if we can be tied with them by the time we play them it shouldn't matter

It's not Arizona that matters now, it's Seattle. We have to beat them to even the tiebreaker with them and we need them to lose at least one more game than us.

not true if we both finish 8-8 and beat them we would win the division because we would only have one loss in the division and they would have two(rams,us)
divsional tiebreaker rules

Yes, but that assumes that we go 5-1 in the division. We don't necessarily need to unless Seattle maintains 4-2 in division. If they fall to 3-3, then we could win it with a 4-2 division record. Either way, we need at least 4 more wins (and with 4 we need several other scenarios to happen correctly) more likely 5 and to be safe 6. And at least 3 more in-division games.

To put it another way, mathematically we don't control our fate over Seattle yet. But, we do over St. Louis and Arizona.

Meaning, we could win out and still lose the division, but we're guaranteed to place ahead of STL/ARI if we do win out.

If we win next week and Seattle loses, we will "control our fate." Meaning, as long as we win, we win the division.

This
Share 49ersWebzone