LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Are the 49ers finally headed in the right direction?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miklo209:
SHUT THE FUK UP.. WITH DRAFTING A NEW QB... BS LETS WORRY ABOUT THAT LATER... BILL WASH DIDNT EXCEL TILL HIS THIRD/ FOURTH YEAR... YOU WANT PERFECTION BY A FUKEN TOASTER... IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU FUKEN b***hES CRYING AND ABOUT A NEW QB, NEW EVERYTHING.. GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER TEAM... WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS SHYT... AND WE WILL EXCEL... MAYBE WE SHOULD OF DRAFTED ONE LAST DRAFT.. RIGHT OR THE ONE BEFORE OR BEFORE THAT... I KNOW TROY WILL BE EXPLOSIVE... ... BE A f**kEN MAN LIKE TROY SAID... OR THE F OUTA HERE.... JOIN A GAY SMITH...

You could have been ranting about steak and potatoes. I ahve no idea what you are saying. And every ... you placed in there, I took a 12 second pause at each. It took me forever to read that
SHUT THE FUK UP.. WITH DRAFTING A NEW QB... BS LETS WORRY ABOUT THAT LATER... BILL WASH DIDNT EXCEL TILL HIS THIRD/ FOURTH YEAR... YOU WANT PERFECTION BY A FUKEN TOASTER... IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU FUKEN b***hES CRYING AND ABOUT A NEW QB, NEW EVERYTHING.. GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER TEAM... WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS SHYT... AND WE WILL EXCEL... MAYBE WE SHOULD OF DRAFTED ONE LAST DRAFT.. RIGHT OR THE ONE BEFORE OR BEFORE THAT... I KNOW TROY WILL BE EXPLOSIVE... ... BE A f**kEN MAN LIKE TROY SAID... OR THE F OUTA HERE.... JOIN A GAY SMITH...

LB
Originally posted by susweel:
After Sing is gone and hopefully Gruden is HC then it will be headed in the right direction.

um gruden is not going to be our coach
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Lets put aside the fact that this board does not give the coaching staff credit for anything, and puts blame on it for Everything. There are plenty of positives and evidence going into the second half of the season that we are going in the right direction, and can still make the playoffs.

We finally have a leader at the QB position, someone who knows how to settle guys down in the huddle, and make the o-line appear to be better than it actually is. (In that Denver game, despite having a predominant running gameplan, he still managed to throw the ball to 6 different receivers).

Frank Gore is still able to move the chains when we need to for the most part, and put our offense in manageable third downs, which was the goal coming into the season.

Manny Lawson is finally coming into his own, and not completely disappearing in games as he was prone to do earlier in his career.

The coaching staff will undoubtedly open up the offense more now that they see how efficient Troy Smith was in limited snaps.

We've won 2 out of our last 3 games, and the team has bonded during the trip to London.

Our schedule is still one of the easiest in the league, with two good barometers of our progress in matchups with the Buccaneers and the Packers.

The players have yet to quit on or disparage their coaching staff, unlike in situations like Minnesota, Dallas, and Denver.

Get back on the Niner optimism bandwagon before its too late!

Good point, definitely something good about this team. Overall, your post might get people too excited, as am I, but who cares.

49ers 2010 Champs!!!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

You could have been ranting about steak and potatoes. I ahve no idea what you are saying. And every ... you placed in there, I took a 12 second pause at each. It took me forever to read that

Made my freaking day!!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No - you're grasping at straws. I know how you feel but we need to take some drastic steps.
First - Fire Sing

2nd Find a WCO coach

3rd Draft a Franchise QB

4th Get a top CB

I agree!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
After Sing is gone and hopefully Gruden is HC then it will be headed in the right direction.

um gruden is not going to be our coach

Thank you...I am tired of hearing his name especially with his record of inheritance, geez people!
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
We are who they thought we were.

Before the season, most of the pundits said the 49ers were the most talented team in a weak division, but we could only go as far as Alex Smith took us. That projection is looking pretty accurate right about now. This team is not really headed in the right direction so much as we stopped going in the wrong direction the minute that Alex went down with his injury in Carolina. Troy Smith is not the savior, but his performance in London totally exposed Alex Smith. If a third string QB who missed all of training camp and barely knows the playbook could put up better numbers, spark the offense, and find a way to win, then that just shows you how much of a millstone Alex Smith really was.

I don't want to make this into an Alex Smith thread. I only want to point out the fundamentally flawed course that Singletary put the team on. A course that he has been backpedaling away from with the promotions of Mike Johnson and Troy Smith. Singletary is essentially learning on the job as his football philosophy is repeatedly proven wrong on Sundays. The guy who lead us into a disaster is now trying to lead us out. If he succeeds, some people will see him as a hero, while forgetting that he was the one who created the disaster in the first place.

Wrong Direction: First seven weeks of the season.
Right Direction: New, experienced and proven Head Coach. A contemporary approach to the game of football. Active search for a franchise QB.
Current Direction: Limping home to a handful of moral victories, a losing record, and one big question for the off-season: Will ownership have the balls to make the fundamental changes that are needed, or will they cling to the few positive signs, make some minor tweaks, and perpetuate the mediocrity?
[ Edited by Lifer on Nov 5, 2010 at 11:18 AM ]
The 49ers are headed into the right direction.

They got rid of the two biggest weak links on the offense: Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye.

Yes, it is that simple.
You seem to ignore that in the more natural course of events, Troy would have thrown an INT in the ball to Walker and the ball that fell out of his hands would have been lost if it had not made the perfect bounce. Take about 50 yards away from his totals, give the ball to DEN, coupled with maybe a two score swing, and you would be screaming that this guy is a JTO-like loser. Look at his undistinguished career at BALT, and I wonder how you can be so high on him?

The Yorks are pointless and directionless.
Once they bring in a good HC, they'll be a good team.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Yorks are pointless and directionless.
evening out a rock bottom!
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Ive been reading articles on the main page of the webzone and it seems that we just might have a chance at turning things around.
Not just because of Troy Smith, but because the whole team seems to have a revived feeling about the season.

Troy Smith did well and we expect more of that.

Frank is contributing day in and day out.

Crabtree is stepping it up big time.

Our o-line still needs some work, but with Troys mobility, we might not have to worry too much.

Manny is stepping it up, using his speed to his advantage.

Patrick Willis eating people alive as usual.

Coach is always optimistic about everything... (Team makes game winning FG) *Singletary claps*

Our CB's need some work as well, but our overall defense, when they play well, we win games because after all...

"Defense Wins Games".

Lawson only has 2 sacks now there's atleast 4 other times this season he should have gotten a sack. aka miracle worker kolb getting out of the pocket with manny and another defender on him and making a great throw to the tight end.
Share 49ersWebzone