A

Playcalling - F

hey 1400 woooooooooooooo
[ Edited by DANADA on Oct 31, 2010 at 7:32 PM ]
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
does anybody else not see that when A. Smith has had almost identical games to this the same people who are giving T. Smith an A+ give Smith a D- ? Doesn't that seem a little bit inconsistent?

The last time I checked the question wasn't "Grade T. Smith juxtaposing hi performance with How you feel about A. Smith, no matter how irrational that hate has been". It is like ten thousand 12 year old's have taken over NT...

Anyway, I will give T. Smith a B for the game. He didn't do much, and had some luck, but he made a few big plays and had to fight against pitiful situational play-calling for much of the game. Also Vernon went down and he still came through so that was nice. I liked his command in the pocket, and his ability to move around. I didn't like his decision making all the time. He needs to be more careful against better defensive squads ecause he got lucky a few times out there.

See it isn't that hard to be unbiased. I want to make sure everyone notices how much the supposedly "biased, myopic etc" Alex fans are being fair with T. Smith. Can't say that for the haters who STILL talk about him even when he wasn't in the game, and incorporate him in their grading systems. Stay Classy Ninertalk.

You are kidding -- aren't you?

Alex Smith has never had a performance like this. Period. End of story. Alex Smith would have thrown two or three picks and turned the ball over three times because that's what Alex does. Period.

We're not blind dude. We know good QB play. We know we haven't seen it out of Alex. His record reflects that.

Why don't you stop hating on Troy after just one game?

He played a good game considering who he played...

What are the Broncos rated at for defense, 31st???

If he had this performance against the Steelers, then I would say we have something special building here but that isn't the case.

I want to see him do it against better teams and more than once before we crown him as the starter.
Troy Smith didn't turn the ball over (although he came close with the pass to Delanie). He ran and threw TD's, so he earned a B+ in my book. Not bad for a guy with 1 week of practice with the 1st team. Lets see how he does after the buy week.........
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I gave him a D, he missed some easy passes.. and that hail mary to D walk, was retarded, but It worked.

Really a D.... In your opinion, what did he have to do to earn an A?? Or even a B???
does anybody else not see that when A. Smith has had almost identical games to this the same people who are giving T. Smith an A+ give Smith a D- ? Doesn't that seem a little bit inconsistent?

The last time I checked the question wasn't "Grade T. Smith juxtaposing hi performance with How you feel about A. Smith, no matter how irrational that hate has been". It is like ten thousand 12 year old's have taken over NT...

Anyway, I will give T. Smith a B for the game. He didn't do much, and had some luck, but he made a few big plays and had to fight against pitiful situational play-calling for much of the game. Also Vernon went down and he still came through so that was nice. I liked his command in the pocket, and his ability to move around. I didn't like his decision making all the time. He needs to be more careful against better defensive squads ecause he got lucky a few times out there.

See it isn't that hard to be unbiased. I want to make sure everyone notices how much the supposedly "biased, myopic etc" Alex fans are being fair with T. Smith. Can't say that for the haters who STILL talk about him even when he wasn't in the game, and incorporate him in their grading systems. Stay Classy Ninertalk.

Alex Smith has never had a performance like this. Period. End of story. Alex Smith would have thrown two or three picks and turned the ball over three times because that's what Alex does. Period.

We're not blind dude. We know good QB play. We know we haven't seen it out of Alex. His record reflects that.

Haha!!! Wow that is a dumb post. You are correct Alex has never had a performance like that... except when he has several times in the last two years. If you don't have enough intellectual honesty to admit that Alex Smith has had some good games (and some better games than this one by T. Smith in bigger circumstances) then you must be a hater on NT.

I am so sick of your ignorant comments and arguments. PLEASE STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT I SAY. Where did I hate on Smith? I said that he had some good plays, some lucky plays, and a few bad plays (all true). I also commented on the attributes that I was encouraged by, and those that I thought might be a problem moving forward. It is called being objective- something that you obviously can't comprehend or apply to your own posts from what I have seen.

I am beside myself dealing with the utter stupidity of comments like these. Do you even have a highschool education? That is a serious question. I only ask because I would think that you would at least try to understand the very simple points in my post (many of which were positive about T. Smith) It is like people can't even understand the words they are reading on here sometimes. Go back and slowly read what I wrote and tell me how you can come to the brilliant conclusion that I was hating on T. Smith.

If you have ever read my comments you know that I have never been sold on A. Smith, but I just can't stand freaking people like you who are dishonest, childish, and ignorant about the whole situation.

P.S. - go back and look at Alex Smith's stats for the last two years and you will find a good amount of games that were very comparable to this. Please do that before you respond in some ridiculous way.
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Oct 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM ]
  • hb123
  • Veteran
i wonder how smith (alex) felt about this game... hmm?

Haha!!! Wow that is a dumb post. You are correct Alex has never had a performance like that... except when he has several times in the last two years. If you don't have enough intellectual honesty to admit that Alex Smith has had some good games (and some better games than this one by T. Smith in bigger circumstances) then you must be a hater on NT.

I am so sick of your ignorant comments and arguments. PLEASE STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT I SAY. Where did I hate on Smith? I said that he had some good plays, some lucky plays, and a few bad plays (all true). I also commented on the attributes that I was encouraged by, and those that I thought might be a problem moving forward. It is called being objective- something that you obviously can't comprehend or apply to your own posts from what I have seen.

I am beside myself dealing with the utter stupidity of comments like these. Do you even have a highschool education? That is a serious question. I only ask because I would think that you would at least try to understand the very simple points in my post (many of which were positive about T. Smith) It is like people can't even understand the words they are reading on here sometimes. Go back and slowly read what I wrote and tell me how you can come to the brilliant conclusion that I was hating on T. Smith.

If you have ever read my comments you know that I have never been sold on A. Smith, but I just can't stand freaking people like you who are dishonest, childish, and ignorant about the whole situation.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

Not to mention he was working with a limited play book.

Alex fanboys will find a reason to dismiss Troy's performance. A lucky throw (one Alex would have never attempted due to lack of testicular fortitude) or "it's the Broncos and they suck" will probably be the main reasons.

it was an awful pass that should not have been attempted.

That pass was thrown on the money! What are you all talking about? He did what playmakers do and you all are extreme haters!

On the money? That pass gets picked off 9 out of 10 times. He wasn't only lucky it was a completion, he's very lucky it wasn't a turnover.

Just take a look at the play again if you can. That pass was on the money!

No it wasn't. On the money is over the shoulder. Crabtree had to turn around to get it while running in reverse to the Goal Line.

If #11 throws that Pass you wouldn't say it was on the money.

~Ceadder
Your Right Ceadder Alex wouldn't have thrown to his left, he would have thrown to the right, while rolling to his right, and right out of bounds...
Just answer this one question for the whole 9er site... Why do you contantly defend him???? Not rolling all the blame on to Alex, cause God knows the blame can be passed around, but Aren't you tired of mediocre, and inconsistant play from the QB posistion and aren't you just sick and tired of frigggen losing already?????
Give an answer cause we all are sick of you constanly defending a turnover machine...
Originally posted by MILFS:

I forgot to add that this is my favorite quote. So what you are saying is that Alex Smith is incapable of playing a game without 2 or 3 picks aor turnovers? How can anyone argue or discuss something with somebody who doesn't know that Alex Smith HAS had many games without 2 or 3 picks or turnovers? Do you understand why that is frustrating? Some of you guys think it is only ok to say that Alex Smith does NOTHING right ever, and {insert backup QB} is great no matter how similar the stat line looks to a recent Smith game, how many throws that A. Smith would have been crucified for are over-looked etc, etc. It is total bull, and infuriating for those people who like to have constructive and interesting (at the very least interesting) discussion about a team that they passionately root for.
A QB rating of 115.6 speaks for its self.

The first productive backup performance in years. What a waste of money on Carr.
PEOPLE CALL KNBR 680 AND DEMAND SINGLETARY TO GET FIRED WE NEED JOHN GRUDEN WE CANT HAVE NO WEAK COACHES OUT HERE 49ERS ARE 2 AND 6 WE NEED A CHANGE, SINGLETARY IS DOING THE SAME THING EVERY WEEK WE HAVENT PUT ONE TEAM AWAY THEY ARE ALL CLOSE GAMES TROY SMITH SHOULD BE THE STARTER, BUT KNOWING SINGLETARY HE WOULD PROBABLY PUT ALEX IN AGAIN WITH HIS WEAK THINKING MIND WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR p***y CATS
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
B

Playcalling - F

yes!
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Troy Smith didn't turn the ball over (although he came close with the pass to Delanie). He ran and threw TD's, so he earned a B+ in my book. Not bad for a guy with 1 week of practice with the 1st team. Lets see how he does after the buy week.........

Honestly, that was lucky. But sometimes a INT can serve as a long Punt, plus you are trying to score.
Originally posted by FIRESINGLETARY:
PEOPLE CALL KNBR 680 AND DEMAND SINGLETARY TO GET FIRED WE NEED JOHN GRUDEN WE CANT HAVE NO WEAK COACHES OUT HERE 49ERS ARE 2 AND 6 WE NEED A CHANGE, SINGLETARY IS DOING THE SAME THING EVERY WEEK WE HAVENT PUT ONE TEAM AWAY THEY ARE ALL CLOSE GAMES TROY SMITH SHOULD BE THE STARTER, BUT KNOWING SINGLETARY HE WOULD PROBABLY PUT ALEX IN AGAIN WITH HIS WEAK THINKING MIND WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR p***y CATS

You do things bass akwards. Should have caps on p***y only.

Hmmm.. Singletary is that you?

You shouldnt talk crap about how to coach. You cant even type right.
[ Edited by Dominate on Oct 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone