There are 211 users in the forums

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

• 8to80
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by 8to80:
Ummmm........I think you misread the subject. It is titled "Grade Troy Smith's Peformance". Not "Grade every position, coach, and play".

Ummmm........I think you forgot or don't know how to quote...

I'm not like you.

HAHA, NVM, you fixed it.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 31, 2010 at 3:51 PM ]
Ummmm........I think you misread the subject. It is titled "Grade Troy Smith's Peformance". Not "Grade every position, coach, and play".

Ummmm........I think you forgot or don't know how to quote...

I'm not like you.

Definitely not.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

Not to mention he was working with a limited play book.

Alex fanboys will find a reason to dismiss Troy's performance. A lucky throw (one Alex would have never attempted due to lack of testicular fortitude) or "it's the Broncos and they suck" will probably be the main reasons.

it was an awful pass that should not have been attempted.

That pass was thrown on the money! What are you all talking about? He did what playmakers do and you all are extreme haters!

On the money? That pass gets picked off 9 out of 10 times. He wasn't only lucky it was a completion, he's very lucky it wasn't a turnover.

Just take a look at the play again if you can. That pass was on the money!
[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM ]
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

Alex fanboys will find a reason to dismiss Troy's performance. A lucky throw (one Alex would have never attempted due to lack of testicular fortitude) or "it's the Broncos and they suck" will probably be the main reasons.

You're really just trolling at this point. From the point of release to where the camera pans across the field showing Walker make the catch hardly gives us any indication if it was really on the "money." It was a very lucky throw that doesn't really show us Troy likes to gamble.(something people say Alex doesn't do enough of) It just shows us Troy is quick to panic and Alex is quick to throw it away.

That pass was thrown on the money! What are you all talking about? He did what playmakers do and you all are extreme haters!

On the money? That pass gets picked off 9 out of 10 times. He wasn't only lucky it was a completion, he's very lucky it wasn't a turnover.

Just take a look at the play again if you can. It was on the money!

Sure, on the money. Not.
[ Edited by Peanut49 on Oct 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM ]
A

No it wasn't. On the money is over the shoulder. Crabtree had to turn around to get it while running in reverse to the Goal Line.

If #11 throws that Pass you wouldn't say it was on the money.

~Ceadder
  • 8to80

Just take a look at the play again if you can. It was on the money!

All BS aside, I kind of agree with you here. Baily and Dawkins assumed that Smith would not be stupid enough to throw it to Walker. When he did, it caught Baily and Dawkins completely off guard.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Got lucky on the Delanie pass...

No WTF passes....

The Delanie pass qualifies as a wtf pass, and there were several others that were off enough to qualify.

You have to cut him some slack considering he hasn't been given any reps until this week. If he keeps winning he will likely have the rest of the season to prove himself.
Troy Smith; Always was a fun. I liked when we signed him and I always said he was the best pure quarterback and the smartest (football smart) QB we had. Today he showed that. The guy just seems to have a great poise about him. He makes good, quick, decisions and yes he is short, but unlike most short QB's, he has a strong arm. Is he a long-term guy? I don't know, but I would leave him in there for the season. It just seems he has "it" more of "it" (intangibles, poise, moxy, etc). The players also seem to really like and respond to him.

Man if we did not lose (giveaway) that game vs Carolina, we would only be a game out. At least the game's are worth watching once again with a young QB Troy Smith, as our starter. Hopefully Sing sticks with him.
Quotes not working?
[ Edited by Peanut49 on Oct 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Troy Smith; Always was a fun. I liked when we signed him and I always said he was the best pure quarterback and the smartest (football smart) QB we had. Today he showed that. The guy just seems to have a great poise about him. He makes good, quick, decisions and yes he is short, but unlike most short QB's, he has a strong arm. Is he a long-term guy? I don't know, but I would leave him in there for the season. It just seems he has "it" more of "it" (intangibles, poise, moxy, etc). The players also seem to really like and respond to him.

Man if we did not lose (giveaway) that game vs Carolina, we would only be a game out. At least the game's are worth watching once again with a young QB Troy Smith, as our starter. Hopefully Sing sticks with him.

"Pure QB" you say. This really has to stop... what is wrong with NT today? He was scouted out of college as an "athlete" yet somehow you really just made that statement. I guess I'll just chalk it up as it's Halloween.

I thought the sideline pass to Crabtree was solid... risky, as most throws to the back shoulder on those passes are risks.

I thought the pass to Walker was very unwise and should never be thrown, but I'm so glad it somehow fell into Walker's hands.
Troy Smith reminds me a little of Jeff Garcia and a little of Doug Flutie, with a strong arm of course.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
A

No it wasn't. On the money is over the shoulder. Crabtree had to turn around to get it while running in reverse to the Goal Line.

If #11 throws that Pass you wouldn't say it was on the money.

~Ceadder

short and/or wide is more of a likely scenario if #11 throws
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
A

If #11 throws that Pass
you wouldn't say it was on the money.

~Ceadder

That's a big if my friend, if #11 attempts that pass, it's going straight into McDaniel's hands.
A

Share 49ersWebzone