There are 166 users in the forums

What if Alex Smith was drafted by Andy Reid?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
If a player isn't any good. He isn't any good period. Alex could of had Bill Walsh as a HC, and he still would of sucked, cuz in short he sucks. Jeez. What kinda of question is that? My word.

Rich Gannon

Yes, most ignorant thing to be witnessed on a MB... Such utterance can only be face-palmed.

Not ignorant at all. You people make it seem that IF Smith played under one guy, he would have been a completely different quarterback. Are you basing this on the handful of games where Alex has looked good ? In his 6 years of miserable play, he only has maybe 2-3 games where he played like a real quarterback, and even in those 3 games he didnt play well in all 4 quarters.

And you think a guy like Reid would have made him a probowler ?

You people are delusional.........no wonder Berman and the gang laugh at us on MNF when they talk about the Niners still waiting on a 6 year vet to determine whether he's the future of the franchise or not.

But then again, what do those guys know about football, right ?
If a player isn't any good. He isn't any good period. Alex could of had Bill Walsh as a HC, and he still would of sucked, cuz in short he sucks. Jeez. What kinda of question is that? My word.

Rich Gannon

Yes, most ignorant thing to be witnessed on a MB... Such utterance can only be face-palmed.

Uh I never said Rich wasn't any good? Alex wouldn't be good under anybody, cuz he isn't worth a darn. He's not Hedo Turkoglu or Matt Schaub, or Tommy Maddoux, or Dwight Hicks, or Kurt Warner, or hell I could go on forever here. Alex Smith gosh even his name pisses me off. Course I wanted A-Rod, but what did I know was only 17 at the time, and Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan are so darn smart with all that NFL experience, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Rich Gannon

Not ignorant at all. You people make it seem that IF Smith played under one guy, he would have been a completely different quarterback. Are you basing this on the handful of games where Alex has looked good ? In his 6 years of miserable play, he only has maybe 2-3 games where he played like a real quarterback, and even in those 3 games he didnt play well in all 4 quarters.

And you think a guy like Reid would have made him a probowler ?

You people are delusional.........no wonder Berman and the gang laugh at us on MNF when they talk about the Niners still waiting on a 6 year vet to determine whether he's the future of the franchise or not.

But then again, what do those guys know about football, right ?

You lost me at "6 years of play..."

If you're going to bash a guy at least get your facts straight. Seriously how many times do people have to spell things out for you? Are you this obtuse and dense in real life within your interpersonal relationships or is this part of your message board "character?"

Rich Gannon

Uh I never said Rich wasn't any good? Alex wouldn't be good under anybody, cuz he isn't worth a darn. He's not Hedo Turkoglu or Matt Schaub, or Tommy Maddoux, or Dwight Hicks, or Kurt Warner, or hell I could go on forever here. Alex Smith gosh even his name pisses me off. Course I wanted A-Rod, but what did I know was only 17 at the time, and Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan are so darn smart with all that NFL experience, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

lol... dude, read through again and you would recognize that my post was actually in support of you response... though with part of your response, I have to wonder how.

Rich Gannon

lol... dude, read through again and you would recognize that my post was actually in support of you response... though with part of your response, I have to wonder how.

Oh sorry dude, it was just a force of habit. I'm so used to all these Give Alex A Chance dummy's talking bullish around here. My fault.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Rich Gannon

Are you talking to me? I'm confused... am I posting the ignorant thing? Please clarify.

Rich Gannon

Are you talking to me? I'm confused... am I posting the ignorant thing? Please clarify.

Sorry, no... my disgust was actually for waiting4number6 after all. YOU might just be the most sensible and intelligible person here in a while. Welcome, and keep up the good, though futile work.
they would mate in a pool of feathers
I think he would still be inaccurate and have little touch on the short passes.

He also had major difficulty with the west coast offense progressions whereas the coryell offense was much easier for him due to the see the first receiver or check down.

I don't think he can get away with the inaccuracy more than anything.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He also had major difficulty with the west coast offense progressions whereas the coryell offense was much easier for him due to the see the first receiver or check down.

huge shocker here.......

how many posts would you have? outside of the Alex suxxorz topic .... ugh....

He would be better anywhere than being nurtured by NoWin.

huge shocker here.......

385. The other 31,000 he wouldn't have...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

huge shocker here.......

385. The other 31,000 he wouldn't have...

hehe, what I figured, How very sad.... but like a smart man once told me...

"whatever gets you through"
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Sorry, no... my disgust was actually for waiting4number6 after all. YOU might just be the most sensible and intelligible person here in a while. Welcome, and keep up the good, though futile work.

Yay! Thanks! You made my night!

Now, off to bed!

Will continue futile work later!

Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by susweel:
He would have been cut by year 3.

Troll feeding again I see .

I'm with Sunweel on this one, I think he would of been a backup for Reid or cut because Reid would not waste 6 years on a QB that is not fully functional.
Share 49ersWebzone