LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Lite Niner Convo (If Troy performs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lite Niner Convo (If Troy performs)

Originally posted by Joecool:
What's the worst that could happen with any other QB starting: we win one less game than we have for the remainder of the season. Seriously, we've only won one game out of 8 and people are worried this team can really tank if Carr, Troy, or Nate start?

So what, we go from 1-7 to 0-8. Not much different then what we got with Alex.

Can't put it much more bluntly, nor more precisely, than that. For a team with its back against the wall and nothing to lose the level of complacency on exhibition boggles the mind.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Smith should not be allowed back on the field even if Troy doesn't play good.

Use the rest of the season to evaluate Nate Davis and Troy. No point in playing Smith because he is not part of the future.

LOL Nate Davis will not see the playing field

LOL Nate Davis sucks. LOL Nate Davis won't see the playing field. LOL Nate Davis only knows 3 plays.

Give it a rest. Alex Smith sucks. So does David Carr. If Troy Smith stinks it up, we WILL see Nate Davis on the playing field.

The same people that whine about people hating on Alex Smith are the ones hating on Nate Davis. The only difference is the people that realize Smith sucks have actually SEEN him stink it up on a weekly basis. The people hating on Nate Davis have no evidence outside of ONE preseason game. Please.

Stop hating on the kid. He hasn't done anything to you.

he's done everything to me!! He's the only player in the NFL who wears the tailbone pad lol!! I ain't hating just saying the obvious....HE WONT PLAY
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

he's done everything to me!! He's the only player in the NFL who wears the tailbone pad lol!! I ain't hating just saying the obvious....HE WONT PLAY

Nate Davis was born with a tail?
I thinkthey should evaluate Troy and Nate the 2nd half of the season...not necessarily to see if they can be starters, but if they can actually play decent QB. What the Yorks should do is get a legit vet QB (Vick comes to mind), then draft Luck. By doing so, Andrew wouldn't have to start for a couple of years and would have time to actually learn the offense from a Vick or another vet. Troy and Nate could compete for the 3rd position.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Nate Davis was born with a tail?

seriously dude?
If Troy Smith does perform and wins the next 3-4 games

we have to bring back Alex Smith to improve our draft pick
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If Troy plays solid/average and we win the next 3 to 4 games with him at the helm, would you put Alex back in the line up when he's healthy?

I think a better question might have been what do we think Singletary will do. Answers would likely be very different.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Originally posted by a24hrdad:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If Troy plays solid/average and we win the next 3 to 4 games with him at the helm, would you put Alex back in the line up when he's healthy?

I think a better question might have been what do we think Singletary will do. Answers would likely be very different.

Thats too easy...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I wonder what the Alex lovers will say if Troy comes in and lights it up.

Same thing they said about Hill: defense's haven't prepared for him yet.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Damn the Alexecuses are endless.
  • Jiks

Me the ALEXLOVER(U'r a f^&^ing idiot), will root for any player what-so-ever to come in and play well. I'm not so caught up in my own stupidity, that I let one single player or those who root for him control my every thought. So if Troy does come out and play well, in which "I" hope he does, are "you" still going to be going down on Alex giving him a hand job with your every move like you are now? Your more obsessed than anyone else with your constant doy'ness. That's what you do regardless. It's like grow up. But who am I to say?

Damn the Alexecuses are endless.

when D's did prepare for hill, he sucked.
Share 49ersWebzone