LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Lite Niner Convo (If Troy performs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lite Niner Convo (If Troy performs)

Smith shouldn't be out 4 games. They said 2-3 weeks. This means that Smith could be back after the Bye. Unless Troy shows he is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in one game, I doubt he will get the job.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Smith shouldn't be out 4 games. They said 2-3 weeks. This means that Smith could be back after the Bye. Unless Troy shows he is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in one game, I doubt he will get the job.

i think all he would have to do is put up 300 yards.......if the raiders put 59 up on the broncos, and the fact that alex only put up 300 yards twice in his illustrious career, that may be it
If Troy Smith beasts and has a nuts game against Denver even if Smith is healthy after the bye he should sit on the bench. This team needs as many playmakers as it can on the field.

If T.Smith sucks it up I say go to Davis before you go back to A.Smith. This is the time to evaluate everyone SF has at its biggest position of need.
Alex returns so we make the playoffs.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Alex Smith
Troy Smith
David Carr
Mike Singletary

ALL gone next year

Why troy Smith??? What the hell did he do to be on this list

What the hell did Nate Davis do for you to hate on him?????

LMAO

Why do we have to hate any of the QBs? I don't get it. I just want to see them play well. If it's Troy Smith then leave him as the starter. If he doesn't get it done replace him back with Alex. If he plays bad some more then give Nate Davis a shot. The only one who really has no shot to play well at all is David Carr.

The word hater is misused on this site. A hater isn't someone who notices a QB's poor play and points it out. A hater is someone who discredits a player before they even get a chance to see what they can do.

For the most part, Alex Smith doesn't have haters. We've seen what he can and can't do and we've formed our opinions based on that. Some of us notice when he plays bad and some of us make excuses whenever he plays poorly. There are a few who simply hate Alex Smith, but most of us just see the reality of the situation and don't make excuses for it.

What's irritating is if you don't approve of what a player is doing, people on here label you a hater. You don't have to make excuses for poor play in order to support this team or it's players. I support Alex Smith whenever he's on the field, but that doesn't mean I approve of the ineptitude that is often displayed when he's out there and it doesn't mean I have to want him out there in the first place.

I don't hate any of our QBs, but David Carr comes closest. That doesn't mean I have to accept poor play from any of them.
if we win the next 3 to 4 then no, if we lose then yes
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
What more do we have to see? Coaches, QB's are judged by Wins and Losses. Singletary and Smith don't have enough wins to keep bringing them back. Cut ties and move on.

No kidding, how many second chances does it take before we're really, really, really, sure that Smith isn't part of the franchise's future?

Originally posted by zeppfan1:
What more do we have to see? Coaches, QB's are judged by Wins and Losses. Singletary and Smith don't have enough wins to keep bringing them back. Cut ties and move on.

No kidding, how many second chances does it take before we're really, really, really, sure that Smith isn't part of the franchise's future?

We are really sure he isn't the answer. Those who aren't...well...ignorance and patience can be bliss.
Originally posted by Joecool:

We are really sure he isn't the answer. Those who aren't...well...ignorance and patience can be bliss.

I completely understand where you guys are coming from.. But, IMO, if A. Smith sucks the rest of the way (meaning he doesn't get the W's, but at least sustains drives), I would at least try to sign him as our back up..

My reasoning: Carr can't and won't cut it as our back-up.. If T. Smith proves to be an okay QB, keep him until we feel the QB we draft next year is ready to go.. A. Smith is a decent back up, and for those of you who are too pissed off at our season are blind to see that.. Plus, he should be available for cheaper than we're already paying him..

Originally posted by djb49:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I completely understand where you guys are coming from.. But, IMO, if A. Smith sucks the rest of the way (meaning he doesn't get the W's, but at least sustains drives), I would at least try to sign him as our back up..

My reasoning: Carr can't and won't cut it as our back-up.. If T. Smith proves to be an okay QB, keep him until we feel the QB we draft next year is ready to go.. A. Smith is a decent back up, and for those of you who are too pissed off at our season are blind to see that.. Plus, he should be available for cheaper than we're already paying him..

Yes!! Someone gets it!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I look at it as this. Alex Smith could very well be the "best" FA QB that could be a bridge to the rookie top 5 pick. Forget trade, you only do that if you're looking for a starter.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't care who plays QB as long as they win. If he produces a positive won loss record he should stay.
OMG, who can judge any of these guys while they are playing for Sing in his very strange system?

The QBs have actually not been allowed to practice with the first team. Think about how strange that is!

It is very unfair to criticize any of these guys if they come in and can't complete passes, or look unsure in any way.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I look at it as this. Alex Smith could very well be the "best" FA QB that could be a bridge to the rookie top 5 pick. Forget trade, you only do that if you're looking for a starter.

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone