LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Carolina's defense is ranked #12, I wouldn't overlook that. And the 9ers are only giving -3 to the 0-5 Panthers, could be a trap game.

they are giving up 134 yards a game on the ground and giving up 22 points a game, I think their D is ranked that high because they had a bye week so they have 1 less game
Originally posted by valrod33:
Carolina's defense is ranked #12, I wouldn't overlook that. And the 9ers are only giving -3 to the 0-5 Panthers, could be a trap game.

they are giving up 134 yards a game on the ground and giving up 22 points a game, I think their D is ranked that high because they had a bye week so they have 1 less game

rankings aren't based on total, it's on average. having one less game means nothing, lol.
Only thing that scares me is that Panthers are winless and might come out real hungry for a win at home like the Niners were yesterday.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Leathaface:

rankings aren't based on total, it's on average. having one less game means nothing, lol.

I though D ranking was based on total d

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense
Adam_Schefter

Panthers HC John Fox announced that Carolina is going back to Matt Moore as its starting quarterback.

[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:10:33 ]

Nah it's based on per game. Either way I don't think that D is that good either but then again our O
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Actually the Panthers only allowed one RB to rush for over a 100 and that was Matt Forte, besides him they held everyone else under 90 yards. Oh and the Panthers pass-defense is ranked #5 also wouldn't overlook that cause Charles Godfrey is a hawk.
Adam_Schefter

Panthers HC John Fox announced that Carolina is going back to Matt Moore as its starting quarterback.

Man that QB situation is bad...
stop the run, stop the Panthers.

Go 9ers!

Nah it's based on per game. Either way I don't think that D is that good either but then again our O

they have the 5th best passing D

teams are avg only 182 on the air against them
Once again..if Alex plays mistake free and our D steps up like they did against OAK...we will win.

Hopefully we dont make Matt Moore look like comeback player of the year.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
2-5
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Once again..if Alex plays mistake free and our D steps up like they did against OAK...we will win.

Hopefully we dont make Matt Moore look like comeback player of the year.

Jimmy Clausen is starting for them now I believe.
Share 49ersWebzone