LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

You gotta admit that 4th quarter was pretty epic once the crowd let Alex have it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I have never heard a crowd turn a player like that before. It was kind of shocking, Im the biggest Smith hater around and even I kinda felt bad for him at the time.

I am too, but I was impressed at how Smith handled it. He didn't get under a rock and hide, though he did need Vernon to help him find his balls and tell Sing to keep him in. Once he got back on the field, he did well overall. He just needs to demonstrate that he can do that consistently, but it might be too late.

Yah he did handle it well once VD told him he needs to step up. He came in and did well on those two drives, but then when all the pressure was on he folded on the last drive.

It would have been a great come back if he actually pulled out the W.

You did the lineman get pushed right into him half way into making the last throw right? Completely f**king up his pass? He didn't "fold".

He folded like a cheap suit.

Then you're oblivious to what actually happened. The protection broke down and he got hit half way delivering the ball which caused that s**t to sail. Be unbiased for a change. Sad how you can't differentiate bias from what actually happened.

Not true.

Crabtree turned in and smith threw it to the outside.

I see what you mean. Like I said, he got f**king nailed BEFORE he released the ball. The line gave him no help on that one. That right side is killing us.

pointless for you to argue man. people who hate smith do not see smith getting smashed when he is throwing that. to them he is all alone back there.

I saw him get smashed but he had enough time to release the ball. Smith hurried the throw and made the improper read. Even the play before that he looked extremely nervous out there. The pressure gets to him, it always has and always will.

he is litterally getting hit while the arm is still back. not enough time to release. you are a hater...always was probably and that is why you cant admit his is being hit. it is clear in video. WATCH IT AGAIN!

I admit...he has some problems but you and a lot of others dont want to look at the glarring problems all over the place.

how about gores 2 fumbles. thats right 2!

how about the D letting Kolb rip them down the seam all night???

how about the o lines inablitlity to pass protect?

nedney's missed fg!!

is it all smiths fault? hell no. is smith partly to blame. YES. but just be honest with yourself guys. he was clearly getting hit while throwing that ball.

How about the fumble that was returned for a TD was that his fault ?

yah he was getting hit, bit freaking deal every QB gets hit while throwing. But that doesnt excuse the fact that made the improper read. Just sit down and watch the replay slowly and you will see he threw to the wrong side.

Yes I know that we have other problems but Smith is biggest problem on the team. Unfortunately our jack ass coach put all his eggs in one basket and now we screwed for this season.

did i say his fumble wasnt his fault? NO.

ok. i watched it in slow mo man. he reads left first when you watch it man. he goes your way. they start with 3 recievers on the left. 1 on right. it appears 2 of the 3 right recievers all go out about 20 or so yards and and the other go short. the one on the right deep as well. there are 3 defenders all on the left side. 1 on the right with a saftey over top. i looks as if smith reads left to right with him either cocking to throw middle or right. i would assume he checks off the left because they all appear covered from what I see. the reciever crossing left to right or the one on the right appear to be who targeting but again...the oline didn't protect long enough and he couldnt make the throw.

if he throws left like you say he should he most likely gets INT or abliterated from behind and likely fumbles.

by the way...do you not see A Davis wiff his block on a D that only rushed 4

Yes I saw that, its what made Smith risk the the throw but to me it looked like him and the wr had a miscommunication(sp).
I have never heard a crowd turn a player like that before. It was kind of shocking, Im the biggest Smith hater around and even I kinda felt bad for him at the time.

I am too, but I was impressed at how Smith handled it. He didn't get under a rock and hide, though he did need Vernon to help him find his balls and tell Sing to keep him in. Once he got back on the field, he did well overall. He just needs to demonstrate that he can do that consistently, but it might be too late.

Yah he did handle it well once VD told him he needs to step up. He came in and did well on those two drives, but then when all the pressure was on he folded on the last drive.

You did the lineman get pushed right into him half way into making the last throw right? Completely f**king up his pass? He didn't "fold".

Then you're oblivious to what actually happened. The protection broke down and he got hit half way delivering the ball which caused that s**t to sail. Be unbiased for a change. Sad how you can't differentiate bias from what actually happened.

Not true.

I see what you mean. Like I said, he got f**king nailed BEFORE he released the ball. The line gave him no help on that one. That right side is killing us.

pointless for you to argue man. people who hate smith do not see smith getting smashed when he is throwing that. to them he is all alone back there.

I saw him get smashed but he had enough time to release the ball. Smith hurried the throw and made the improper read. Even the play before that he looked extremely nervous out there. The pressure gets to him, it always has and always will.

he is litterally getting hit while the arm is still back. not enough time to release. you are a hater...always was probably and that is why you cant admit his is being hit. it is clear in video. WATCH IT AGAIN!

I admit...he has some problems but you and a lot of others dont want to look at the glarring problems all over the place.

nedney's missed fg!!

is it all smiths fault? hell no. is smith partly to blame. YES. but just be honest with yourself guys. he was clearly getting hit while throwing that ball.

yah he was getting hit, bit freaking deal every QB gets hit while throwing. But that doesnt excuse the fact that made the improper read. Just sit down and watch the replay slowly and you will see he threw to the wrong side.

Yes I know that we have other problems but Smith is biggest problem on the team. Unfortunately our jack ass coach put all his eggs in one basket and now we screwed for this season.

ok. i watched it in slow mo man. he reads left first when you watch it man. he goes your way. they start with 3 recievers on the left. 1 on right. it appears 2 of the 3 right recievers all go out about 20 or so yards and and the other go short. the one on the right deep as well. there are 3 defenders all on the left side. 1 on the right with a saftey over top. i looks as if smith reads left to right with him either cocking to throw middle or right. i would assume he checks off the left because they all appear covered from what I see. the reciever crossing left to right or the one on the right appear to be who targeting but again...the oline didn't protect long enough and he couldnt make the throw.

if he throws left like you say he should he most likely gets INT or abliterated from behind and likely fumbles.

There's no sense arguing, although you're completely right. He made the correct decision but didn't have enough time to get the ball out and got hit and it sailed on him.

Not true.

nedney's missed fg!!

Yes I saw that, its what made Smith risk the the throw but to me it looked like him and the wr had a miscommunication(sp).

how do you see a miscommunication when he can't even recieve time to finish throw. You cannot even tell where the ball is going. after he is hit it completely throws off the tragectory of the pass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Not true.

nedney's missed fg!!

how do you see a miscommunication when he can't even recieve time to finish throw. You cannot even tell where the ball is going. after he is hit it completely throws off the tragectory of the pass.

Yah s**t happens, unfortunately for us it usually always happens Alex.

Not true.

Crabtree turned in and smith threw it to the outside. Yah there was some pressure and that happens in the NFL. Your not gonna always get a clean pocket. Smith rushed the throw, he and the wr were not not the same page.

I dont have a bias to anything, I call things the way I see it.

how do you rush a throw and get hit at the same time. holds it any longer and his head gets taken off.
I'm glad Smith stayed in. That game was exciting. Nedney makes that 30 yarder it's a different game. I like Smith. It's too bad the Niners couldn't pull out at least one of those three close loses.
The only thing that stays the same, is the fact that no matter how poorly Alex plays, his supporters continue to place blame elsewhere. This is the NFL, you are not going to have all day to throw on every play. It amazes me how some rookies QB's can come into this league and put up really good numbers throwing to nobody receivers, yet all I hear is how Alex doesn't have anyone to throw to. He doesn't have time to throw, his OC sucks, the HC is holding him back, God hates him and wants him to fail, blah blah blah. Excuses excuses excuses. My only question is, is there another QB in the history of the NFL that has been given so many chances to show they can play as Alex Smith. We are seeing the same garbage plays from this guy since the beginning, yet I'm supposed to believe it's everything else. Sorry, but the booing was warranted. You can't keep sending Alex Smith into the game and expecting a different outcome.
Originally posted by Hollywood:
The only thing that stays the same, is the fact that no matter how poorly Alex plays, his supporters continue to place blame elsewhere. This is the NFL, you are not going to have all day to throw on every play. It amazes me how some rookies QB's can come into this league and put up really good numbers throwing to nobody receivers, yet all I hear is how Alex doesn't have anyone to throw to. He doesn't have time to throw, his OC sucks, the HC is holding him back, God hates him and wants him to fail, blah blah blah. Excuses excuses excuses. My only question is, is there another QB in the history of the NFL that has been given so many chances to show they can play as Alex Smith. We are seeing the same garbage plays from this guy since the beginning, yet I'm supposed to believe it's everything else. Sorry, but the booing was warranted. You can't keep sending Alex Smith into the game and expecting a different outcome.

Another thing that stays the same is the guys like you that think it is only his fault we are losing games when there are many other factors, some of which can ruin a play before it happens. The offensive line really sucks at pass protection and isn't getting much of a push. When your offensive line is inconsistent, then your offense is going to be inconsistent. I am not saying I am happy with his overall play at all, that fumble pissed me off, but to look at the losses and try to say he cost us all those games is shortsighted and only shows you let emotions cloud your judgment.
Are you kidding me? Ya, it was loud for the 5 thousand people who stayed for the end. Plus it was probably the loudest when our team was on offense.

The team needs to shape up and so do the fans. f**king stay in your seat until time runs out on the clock. Sit down and shut up while the offense is on the field. When the defense is on, make some noise.
i think smith is disgusted with this coaching staff just as much as many in ninertalk are disgusted with smith.

as it's been said here before, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

i wanna see 50 passes from smith next game. there's nothing to lose and unless we back these defenses the f**k off we're going to stay stuck in the mud on offense.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Hollywood:

Another thing that stays the same is the guys like you that think it is only his fault we are losing games when there are many other factors, some of which can ruin a play before it happens. The offensive line really sucks at pass protection and isn't getting much of a push. When your offensive line is inconsistent, then your offense is going to be inconsistent. I am not saying I am happy with his overall play at all, that fumble pissed me off, but to look at the losses and try to say he cost us all those games is shortsighted and only shows you let emotions cloud your judgment.

i know right. its like they dont even acknowledge gores 2 fumbles. nedney's missed fg. the oline or the pass D. all were horrible yesterday.
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
Are you kidding me? Ya, it was loud for the 5 thousand people who stayed for the end. Plus it was probably the loudest when our team was on offense.

The team needs to shape up and so do the fans. f**king stay in your seat until time runs out on the clock. Sit down and shut up while the offense is on the field. When the defense is on, make some noise.

No s**t!!!

WTH, is wrong with our fans. Just have some "STHU", sit down and chug it.

I couldn't believe just how loud we were just prior to Smith hiking the ball. All of a sudden it would get quiet, but by that time, it's too late.

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 11, 2010 at 15:08:48 ]
When McCoy tripped in front of the first down hash mark, I honestly thought it was an act of something beyond belief that were gonna win... And if wasn't for Chilo Rachel/Davis blowing that huge f**king stunt (and knocking smith's arm up) we would have won this f**ker... or last tied it into overtime.
Yeah, EPIC FAIL.

It's a sad day when we have to get excited over a near comeback. Insert VOMIT here.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

stupid crowd wasted a drive, they got in smiths head..

That "stupid crowds" booing maybe helped change Smith for all you know. I personally think it could be the best thing to happen to him. He's been coddled and protected his whole career. That kind of vicious nasty booing is exactly what he needed. And guess what...it worked. He decided to be a fvckin man and score two TDs on consecutive drives.

Personally I'm shocked that Smith remained in the game. I'm not gonna lie man...if that was me I'd have disappeared into the locker room. 60,000 fans booing, coach loses faith, 6 years of inconsistent playing, injuries, coaching...just a total disaster. He rose above it all.

Can he maintain? We will see. I've never heard him admit that he's been playing too cautiously. It was good to hear him say that. It took something like this for Steve Young as well. Not comparing but it's interesting that it happened to Steve against the Eagles as well. Steve had proved waaayyy more obviously but the point is: Smith needed this. I don't think he will be around next season and let's face it...the guy needs a change of scenery. I just hope, for his sake, he takes something from last night and carries it with him the rest of his career. He's only 26 and I'm sure SF won't be his last team to start for. He's a tough dude and Im sure he will do well elsewhere.
'

This ^^
Share 49ersWebzone