There are 291 users in the forums

You gotta admit that 4th quarter was pretty epic once the crowd let Alex have it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by susweel:
I have never heard a crowd turn a player like that before. It was kind of shocking, Im the biggest Smith hater around and even I kinda felt bad for him at the time.

I am too, but I was impressed at how Smith handled it. He didn't get under a rock and hide, though he did need Vernon to help him find his balls and tell Sing to keep him in. Once he got back on the field, he did well overall. He just needs to demonstrate that he can do that consistently, but it might be too late.

Yah he did handle it well once VD told him he needs to step up. He came in and did well on those two drives, but then when all the pressure was on he folded on the last drive.

It would have been a great come back if he actually pulled out the W.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Lol that sht was insane man. I couldn't help but feel for the guy right there. Haha.
I have never heard a crowd turn a player like that before. It was kind of shocking, Im the biggest Smith hater around and even I kinda felt bad for him at the time.

I am too, but I was impressed at how Smith handled it. He didn't get under a rock and hide, though he did need Vernon to help him find his balls and tell Sing to keep him in. Once he got back on the field, he did well overall. He just needs to demonstrate that he can do that consistently, but it might be too late.

Yah he did handle it well once VD told him he needs to step up. He came in and did well on those two drives, but then when all the pressure was on he folded on the last drive.

smith got leveled on that play. not exactly like he folded under pressure.....no protection. hard for me to defend him but there were a lot of mistakes yesterday from not only just smith. every week there are a lot of mistakes....for more than just smith. i wish people would open their eyes and see it is more than just smith.

did you see frank fumble away two balls????

did you see the defense get gashed several times down the middle???

did you see Nedney miss what should have been a fg???

then there is of course smiths 2 int's and fumble.

take away ANY one of those and we may win. not just smiths fault. it is easy for the fans to blame just smith but we need to realize that there were a lot of mistakes from a lot of players.

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:05:00 ]
that s**t is sad man. disgraceful if you ask me. i was embarrassed to be a fan for a moment. and not because of smiths play but by lack of class from the fans. we are supposed to support this team. luckly he manned up to the fans and showed a little something. I still have doubts but I respect how he handled the situation

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:10:58 ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
I have never ever heard a player get boo'd so harshly. It was a bit sad to see Alex smith miss a pass and have him look down as a sound wave of about 50 thousand fans boo him mercilessly.

I know man me too. I want him to do well, and I know he f**ked up on that fumble, but he doesn't deserve that.
I felt bad for Smith that the protection broke down on the last play of the game when he was hit while throwing. I was really hoping the Niners would come back and Smith would have turned from zero to hero in 60 seconds... that wasn't the case though, and here we are.

You did watch the protection get pushed right into him half way into making the last throw right? Completely f**king up his pass? He didn't "fold".

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:21:00 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by defenderDX:

You did the lineman get pushed right into him half way into making the last throw right? Completely f**king up his pass? He didn't "fold".

He folded like a cheap suit.

You did the lineman get pushed right into him half way into making the last throw right? Completely f**king up his pass? He didn't "fold".

Then you're oblivious to what actually happened. The protection broke down and he got hit half way delivering the ball which caused that s**t to sail. Be unbiased for a change. Sad how you can't differentiate bias from what actually happened.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:23:06 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Then you're oblivious to what actually happened. The protection broke down and he got hit half way delivering the ball which caused that s**t to sail. Be unbiased for a change. Sad how you can't differentiate bias from what actually happened.

Not true.

Crabtree turned in and smith threw it to the outside. Yah there was some pressure and that happens in the NFL. Your not gonna always get a clean pocket. Smith rushed the throw, he and the wr were not not the same page.

I dont have a bias to anything, I call things the way I see it.

[ Edited by susweel on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:50:41 ]

But Shaj, you have to admit the pass to Vernon in the endzone was a thing of beauty.
Wasnt it louder at the saints game?

Not true.

Crabtree turned in and smith threw it to the outside.

I see what you mean. Like I said, he got f**king nailed BEFORE he released the ball. The line gave him no help on that one. That right side is killing us.
Share 49ersWebzone